How to Get Help

Course adjustments (adds and drops) must be processed by CAS Academic Advising.  You can contact them by sending email to  or by calling them at 353-2400. The instructor and the TFs hold regular office hours for the purpose of answering economics questions and otherwise helping students with their economics studies.

Michael and all the TFs for EC101 DD/EE can help students in Zoom office hours. Feel free to join Zoom for office hours if you have questions or need help.

Unfortunately, enrollments do not permit instructors or TFs to offer individual students long-term tutoring on a regular basis; however, such long term help may be available from the University’s Educational Resource Center (353-7077).  Even better, find another student in EC101 DD/EE to work with, and explain the material in the lecture notes and review your problem set with that classmate (just listening to their explanations won’t be very helpful).

Many students have personal problems that interfere with their ability to study and learn. If you have such problems, I urge you to get help quickly. The Student Health Service has a Behavioral Medicine Department with extensive counseling resources to help students with their personal problems. Students in need should be sure to take advantage of them.  You can consult expert counselors and psychologists there who have lots of experience with student problems. I would be happy to talk with you and help you find appropriate services, or you can find your own. Students can make appointments with counselors by calling 353-3569.

I cordially invite you to discuss economics or other subjects with me during my Zoom office hours or by appointment.