Course Schedule, Fall 2021
This schedule may be revised during the summer and
during the fall semester. Check it frequently!
Updated: Sept 16, 2021
Click on a Lecture Topic Below to See Related Readings
- There are three types of readings: Required, Reference and Additional.
- Students are responsible for the contents of all Lectures and Required Readings. Questions about the material in lectures and required readings will appear in problem sets and exams.
- Reference Readings are provided for students who need help in understanding the lectures (not required). Don’t try to read all of them, but choose the reading that you think is most helpful. Most reference readings have review questions and problems at the end of the chapter. You may find them useful when you study for exams.
- Additional Readings are provided in case students want to learn more about a topic (not required).
- indicates PDF files. If your browser doesn’t open PDF files, you may need some kind of PDF software to open them.
All readings are available online. Textbook readings are also available offline if students download the textbooks as PDF files. For more information, go here.
Example: “S – Ch 1: all” means OpenStax Textbook, all of Chapter 1.
Example: “M – Ch 1: Sec i, 3” means Minnesota Textbook, Chapter 1: Sections i and 3 (but not Ch 1 and 2).
Example: “C – Ch 8: Sec i – 3” means CORE Textbook, Chapter 8: Sections i, 1, 2 and 3
L# Date Day Lecture Topic
Click on a topic to see corresponding reading assignments.
Most of the links go to the first page of the online reading. Use the forward button within the reading to reach the rest.
22-26 Nov M-F Thanksgiving Week: No Lectures, No Discussion Sections
Problem sets assigned the previous weekend are due in discussion starting on Nov 30.
Wednesday 15-Dec, Final Exam (Cumulative) for EC101 **DD**, 12:00 – 2:00
Wednesday 15-Dec, Final Exam (Cumulative) for EC101 **EE**, 3:00 – 5:00