To access to the CIC NMR instruments, you MUST be trained.
- As a first step, all users should be familiar with the basic theoretical and practical concepts outlined in CIC NMR Basic Concepts. It is assumed that you are comfortable with these concepts, before you schedule a training session.
- The next step is to review and familiarize yourself with access procedure and the Vnmrj Software. All new users are strongly encouraged to observe seasoned users as they run their NMR experiments as part of the familiarization process.
- When you are ready, please schedule a training session with Paul Ralifo (x4818).
- Finally, review CIC NMR Trouble-Shooting and other NMR experiments that you may be interested in.
- You are now ready to operate CIC NMR instruments. The user password can be created on each instrument by either Paul Ralifo, or one of the qualified NMR Emergency Contacts.
NMR User Documents
- Read the following introduction to NMR concepts and rules: CIC NMR Basic Concepts.
- Familiarize yourself with the access procedure and software: 500 NMR Protocol VNMRJ3-2-A and NMR V400 Protocol. Also more tips and tricks in this powerpoint file: NMRWorkshop1 which covers extra information
- sample preparations
- setting up common 2D experiments
- Non-uniform sampling
- Variable temperature NMR
NMR Experiments Guide (Help guide for setting up your experiments)
- Contact Paul Ralifo to schedule a mandatory training session (SCI B86, x4818)
Page Updated 06/14/2018