Communication Research Center
- Effectively use the most advanced theory and methods for examining communication.
- Address both theoretical and applied problems and their intersection.
- Integrate the talents and abilities of researchers across fields at Boston University to focus on communication-related issues.
- Educate undergraduate students, graduate students and faculty on cutting-edge developments in communication research.
Each year two distinguished scholars are invited to share their scholarship and expertise with the BU community. In recognition of the pioneering and inspirational contributions of Dr. Melvin L. DeFleur to the field of mass communication research and his service as a venerable and inexhaustible member of the CRC, the faculty members of the CRC have named this series in his honor.
Researchers of the Communication Research Center maintain active academic research programs across a variety of study areas including:
- Media effects
- Media studies
- Emerging media
- Political communication
- Public relations
- Impact of media on popular culture and adolescents
- International communication
- Communication law
- Health communication