BU URBAN is committed to helping trainees succeed in graduate school and beyond. Below you can find resources related to health, wellbeing, community, and professional development.
Health, Wellbeing, and Community
- Office of Diversity & Inclusion is a central hub for resources and support around:
- Office of the Associate Provost for Graduate Affairs hosts information and resources for graduate students, including student groups and associations such as:
- Behavioral Medicine offers various workshops and groups to help address a variety of mental health related needs
- Center for Gender, Sexuality, and Activism
- Howard Thurman Center for Common Ground
- Religions Life at BU
- Disability & Access Services offers services and supports to make sure that students are able to access and participate in the opportunities available at BU
- BU Sexual Assault Response & Prevention Center
For a comprehensive list of health and wellness resources from Graduate Affairs, visit here.
- BU Professional Development and Postdoctoral Affairs supports BU doctoral students in their professional development journey. Whether you’re exploring career options or looking to build transferable skills, resources and programming exist to support you.
- Broadening Experience in Scientific Training is a network of 17 academic organizations in the country selected by the National Institutes of Health that enhance career development for biomedical trainees. BU belongs to this network and offers several resources for Ph.D. students to explore careers both inside and outside standard academic research.
- BU Career Center offers many career resources and professional development opportunities for STEM graduate students.
- Center for Teaching and Learning supports teaching that is inclusive, centered on student learning, and guided by research.
- ARROWS – Advance, Recruit, Retain, and Organize Women in STEM keeps a current listing of funding sources and career resources for graduate students.
- Graduate Women in Science and Engineering offers workshops, seminars, social events, mentoring, outreach opportunities and fosters interaction across disciplines at BU and connects graduate students to postdocs, faculty, and broader networks in Boston and beyond.
For a comprehensive list of professional development opportunities at BU, visit here.