Interested in joining the BU URBAN Graduate Program in Urban Biogeoscience and Environmental Health?
Current and recently admitted Ph.D. students interested in joining our Fall 2021 cohort can apply to the program here by May 28th at 5pm EST. Students who applied via the Fall 2020 Recruitment Cluster or Winter Application do not have to complete the application below.
Interested in learning more about BU URBAN? Register for one of our upcoming info sessions or book a meeting with Evan Kuras, our Program Manager via this scheduling app.
- Tuesday, May 4, 1:30-2 pm EST (register here)
- Thursday, May 13, 11-11:30 am EST (register here)
- Monday, May 24, 3:30-4:00 pm EST (register here)
To submit an application to BU URBAN:
- Complete the form below, including the submission of (1) a 600-word statement and (2) your CV/Resume. Within the statement, please describe your interdisciplinary research interests, your career goals, how participation in BU URBAN will advance these goals, and how your background and experiences demonstrate your commitment and ability to engage with issues of diversity, inclusion, and equity (a key part of our mission, vision, and values). Application materials should be submitted as one PDF with the file name: “Last name_First name_NRT Program Applicant.pdf” below.
- Please have your primary faculty advisor send a letter of support directly to Evan Kuras (Program Manager, email@example.com) by May 28th at 5pm EST. The letter should describe why they think you should participate in the program and summarize your strengths and weaknesses. Please have your advisor use “Student last name_Student first name_YEAR-NRT Program LOR.pdf” as the file name.
If you are interested in joining BU URBAN for Fall 2022, as either a prospective applicant to Boston University or a current Ph.D. student, please return to this website in Summer 2021 or reach out to Evan Kuras (Program Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org) to start a conversation.