- Payment vs. Funding: The Law of Reflux for Today (Money View Symposium, Mar 6, 2021)
- Kindleberger was a Money Viewer (Money View Symposium, Feb 5, 2021)
- Fireside Chat with Perry Mehrling (Money View Symposium, Feb 6, 2021)
- Corona Crisis: Lessons of the Stress Test (Boston Economic Club, June 3, 2020)
- World in Flux: The Future of Global Economics (Pardee School, Oct 3, 2020)
- From the Local to the Global: Business, Debt, Coronavirus (UCGT, Columbia University, October 28, 2020)
- Coronavirus Stress Test of the Global Market-based Credit System (BCRA, Nov 4, 2020)
- Fischer Black and the Revolutionary Idea of Finance (Goldman Sachs, New York, October 20, 2005）
- The New Lombard Street: Anatomy of Crisis (Inaugural INET Conference at King’s College, Cambridge, April 2010)
- Thirty Ways to Be an Economist, interviews with INET grantees (2011-2013)
- Why is Money Difficult? (80th Anniversary of Central Bank of Argentina, June 2015)
- Doubling Down on Failure, evolving policy response to global financial crisis (INET Plenary, Edinburgh, Oct 2017). My bit begins at 54:30.
- Kindleberger and the Rise of the Dollar System (Credit Suisse Macro Conference, June 14, 2019)
After the launch of the MOOC, students from all over the globe found it, and that led to a variety of invitations, which I used to try to extend the framework to engage particular audiences, and also to update. For the latter purpose, the Warsaw lectures are particularly to be recommended.
- Financial Globalization and Instability (Azim Premji Winter School, Bangalore, India, January 15, 2013)
- Shanghai Meetup [with MOOC students] (Shanghai, China, June 2014)
- Cryptocurrency Panel Discussion (Festival of Economics, Edinburgh, Oct 2017). My bit begins at 3:20. Audio only.
- Warsaw Lectures (Warsaw School of Economics, Oct 2017):
- The Clash of Economic Ideas (George Mason University, April 2012. My bit begins at 37:20) Talking to the libertarians.
- Fundamentals of Shadow Banking: The Dealer Model (University of Missouri–Kansas City, April 2014) Talking to the post-Keynesians.
- Twentieth Century History of Money and Finance (University of Utah, February 2015) Audio not so great, use headphones for best reception.
- Modern Financial Systems and the Role of Central Banks (Central Bank of Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, December 2015) Talking to central bankers.
- Monetary Rules and Emergency Lending (Mercatus-Cato, Washington DC, Sept 2016) My bit at 3:20, but don’t miss the Q&A fireworks at the end!
- Mathematicians (also good for economists with mathematical modelling interest)
- Beyond Monetary Walrasianism: Five Key Features of Modern Monetary Systems (Max Planck Institute, Leipzig, Germany, October 4, 2012. My bit begins at 131:45)
- Beyond Monetary Walrasianism: Five Key Features of Modern Monetary Systems (Fields Institute, University of Toronto, November 2013)
- Historians, Social Scientists
- Bringing Back Political Economy: Europe Ground Zero (Columbia University, Nov 2011. My bit begins at 30:15.)
- Central Banking at a Crossroads: Europe and beyond (DIIS Central Banking Conference, Copenhagen, January 2013)
- The Euro in the Global Economy 2016: a new financial crisis? (European Institute, Columbia University, March 2016) My bit begins at 12:35 but don’t miss the Q&A at the end.
- Understanding Global Money (Committee on Global Thought, Columbia University, April 2016) My bit begins at 10:00.
- Financialization and its Discontents (Intersections of Finance and Society, London, Nov 2016) Audio only.
- Money as a Hierarchical System: Legal and Economic Perspectives (The Public Interest Law Foundation, Columbia Law School, September 2013. My bit begins at 1:05:00) The most direct engagement of the Money View with Modern Monetary Theory.
Institute for New Economic Thinking
- The New Lombard Street: Anatomy of Crisis My debut on the big stage. (Inaugural INET Conference at King’s College, Cambridge, April 2010)
- Economics of the Real World, Proposals for economics curriculum reform. (INET Conference at Bretton Woods, New Hampshire, April 2011)
- The New Lombard Street, Rob Johnson interviews me about my book. (Institute for New Economic Thinking, New York, May 2011)
- Mehrling on Soros, Putting Soros’ economic thought in context. (INET Conference at Berlin, Germany, April 12, 2012. My bit begins at 55:00)
- New Economic Teaching for New Economic Thinking (INET Conference at Toronto, April 2014) I am first up on the panel.
- The New Politics of Central Banking (INET Conference at OECD, Paris, April 2015). My bit begins at 6:15.
- Doubling Down on Failure (INET Plenary at Edinburgh, Oct 2017). My bit begins at 54:30.
- Beyond Marx and Keynes (Heyman Center, Columbia University, March 31, 2010. My bit begins at 48:45)
- Economics and Life: An interview of Prof. Mehrling (Quattrogatti, Trento, May 2013)