What is SWE?
BU SWE E-board members at SPLASH in Fall 2022
The Society of Women Engineers (SWE) is a nationally renowned organization with tiers of involvement at the collegiate and professional levels. Here at BU, you can get involved with SWE at any point of your undergraduate career!
Our primary mission is to stimulate women to achieve their full potential as engineers and leaders, expand the image of the engineering profession as a positive force in improving the quality of life, and demonstrate the value of diversity. We are able to accomplish this at Boston University by:
- Holding prep nights before the career fair to give students tips on a variety of subjects including elevator pitches, resume reviews, and dress to impress presentations
- Hosting companies and graduate schools from the Boston area at our annual networking night to give our student an opportunity to form connections leading to internships or job offers
- Holding study nights throughout the semester to promote academic success
- Holding social events throughout the semester to foster a sense of community
- Attending the national and local SWE conferences
- And more!
Chapter Bylaws and Constitution
Each year BU SWE updates its chapter bylaws and constitutions in accordance with the ever-changing atmosphere of our organization. Outlined it in are the rules and responsibilities that each member and officer are expected to follow, as well as helping to define SWE’s purpose on campus. You can learn more about this by reading the BU SWE 2022-2023 Constitution.