Interview #12

She wouldn’t know that her last birthday in Turkey would be the beginning of unprecedented events and a new life for her and her son in a foreign country. While debating herself to leave behind her husband imprisoned or taking her son to a safer country, she didn’t know that her husband had already seen them leaving Turkey in his dream even before she told him so. In their last family hug on that day, the only bond was their son between her and her beloved husband as they were not allowed to touch each other. Now in a new country, she is doing her best to build a new life for her son and make everything ready for her husband with the hope that he can, too, join them one day.

Back to list of interviews

English Translation:

(1)

I am giving permission to record my voice during this interview. Before the July 15 coup attempt, the political climate in Turkey was already very intense. The political intensity was even affecting family relations. Even before July 15, we were highly anxious, and concerned at our homes. And on that day, a day which one cannot forget forever. We did not realize what was happening at the beginning. We were home. We were chatting with some friends but no one knew anything about the events. Then, we heard the rumors that a coup had happened. Close to midnight, we were certain that a coup attempt had been made, or was in progress. I could not forget the fear and horror we felt at home at that moment. People were walking with clubs in their hands. They passed by our house. All the streets were closed. Some people with clubs, some people with guns, passed by. Then, we saw the fights and killings on TV. 

No one had any idea what was happening there. With one call (by the president), people fled out onto the streets. We did not go anywhere that day. Next day, we visited a friend. What was going on? What should we do? Everyone was so confused. No one knew what to do. I could not forget the following about that day. We got out of the car, and started walking. Another car passed by. They were going to the celebrations. The guy in the car told me something, but I did not notice at the time, I was lost in thought. Then, he got angry, and came at me because I did not respond to him. It was as if people lost their minds and became inhuman. To be able to walk on the streets, you must have a flag in your hand, and join a celebrating group. Everywhere was just like that. 

Afterwards, we started to hear bad news about the people we love – like they were tortured. Almost all of my friends were gone. I heard the news about them one by one, but I could not do anything to help them. That was the most painful thing I felt at that time. We were like brothers, sisters, but I could not help or visit them. We were in a situation where we were not able to walk on the streets freely. It felt like we were marked, and we would be attacked if they found us. The streets we walked down everyday, the people we smiled at everyday, our long-time neighbors. The people we knew very well… Then, “They will be executed, they won’t even be given water.” (A quote by the president of Turkey for Gulenists) 

(2)

The hardest thing for me after that night was not being able to reach my closest friends, not being able to help them when they needed it. We were getting bad news about them, but we could not do anything. We were hearing that they were arrested and tortured, but we could not help them at all. We could not go on the streets, as it felt like we would be attacked because we belonged to that group (Gulen/Hizmet Movement). We were locking ourselves at home with that fear. It was quite an uncomfortable feeling. I remember that I could not sleep after 3-4am until 7-8am. This is because we heard the arrests were happening at that time period. The police raids were happening at that time. We were waiting for that critical period to pass in order to go to sleep. I remember that I could not sleep at all some days. In the first days, the emotions were so intense, there was no way to sleep. I remember that I found myself unconsciously walking back and forth on the hallway in the first days. The events happening in our country were completely inconceivable. it was inconceivable to see our beloved friends being arrested and tortured. It was completely terrifying. We heard that some of our friends were brutally tortured and they passed away. 

I was supposed to have medical surgery a couple of weeks after July 15, and I went to another city because of that. I was going to get my surgery in a specialized hospital that was affiliated with Hizmet Movement, but my husband was concerned that they might seize the hospital, and I couldn’t get the surgery in that hospital. Because of that, we went to our hometown, and I got the surgery there. Surprisingly, my husband was right about his concern. That hospital was seized on the same exact day that I was planning to get my surgery. It was in the news that some of the cardiology patients were left unattended without taking the operation. I stayed in our hometown for a while after the surgery. It was a terrible period for me. I was able to communicate with my husband only by phone. Sometimes, I could not reach him. At those times, I was assuming the worst, like “He was arrested, and I would not be able to see him again.” It was terrifying. One time, he forgot his phone at home. That day felt too long, I was completely convinced that he was arrested, and I would not be able to reach him again. When someone got arrested, it was impossible to reach them again. It was terrifying. 

When I got back to the city of X, everything was the same. While some people were still celebrating on the streets, others were in terrible pain. We were not able to express ourselves in any way. It was quite an experience. It was very hard to describe. I was constantly insisting to my husband to flee the country. “We should flee while we can.” However, my husband was waiting for our friends in jail. He said that when our friends are released, we will be here, and we will tell them, “We are here! We waited for you!” If we leave the country, who will be here to support them when they are out? Then, I will never forget a Saturday. I told my husband, “I have a feeling that we should stay at home tomorrow. We should not go out.” He said “OK, let’s stay home tomorrow.” Then, the next day, our doorbell rang. Two of our friends came. Their spouses were in jail, and we could not communicate with them for months. I cannot forget that day. I told my husband, too. I felt that happy once before in my life and it was when I learned that I was pregnant. I am very honest about this. We sat down with them for hours, but we barely spoke to each other. We stared at each other and hugged. I told them, “People might try to separate us from our beloved ones, and they can indeed do that. However, May Allah not separate us in the hereafter.” This is my biggest prayer these days. May Allah keep us together in the hereafter. 

A couple of weeks passed. It was my birthday. My husband bought some stuff for a celebration in the evening. When we were about to start celebrating, the doorbell rang. We peeked out the window, and realized that the cops were there. My husband did not believe it. I told him that there they were. Yes, they were here. All the cops who came were high-ranking officers. Police chiefs, captains, sergeants. Our neighbors heard the noise. I believe these were the scenes one could not forget forever. I took my son to another room. They told us that they would make a search of our home. It was a very different feeling. They were searching our kitchen, living room. These were OK, but when they entered our bedroom with an insulting behavior, it was unbearable. They searched our home with insults, and provocative behavior. I told them, “We worked day and night for this country, but now you are labeling us as terrorists. What a shame!” I don’t want to remember that night. I prepared a small bag for my husband. After long arguments, I could barely learn where they were taking him to. Then, they went to my husband’s workplace for another search. It was about midnight when they left our house. 

I told my son, “Your father is going to work with these men. He will stay with them for a while.” I put him to sleep. However, that night lasted forever for me. I was walking around the house, up and down. Since they confiscated our phones, I was only able to contact my brother. Then, I told my husband’s family. Then, we were told that my husband was transferred to another city because the arrest warrant came from that city. 

Then, I went to visit him. It was quite a different experience. They took me to the police department responsible for terrorism charges. Their attitude was very insulting. It was the first time I saw a person whose face was “completely dark”. He crossed his legs, and leaned towards me. He said “We don’t allow terrorists to see each other.” My son was with me. We could not ask anything from anyone at that time. This is because people were afraid to greet us. They were afraid to talk to us. They were assuming that the others might think that they were one of us if they talked to us. I went there with my little son. They were planning to send me and my son downstairs where all the real criminals were. Fortunately, somebody intervened. I am deeply grateful to him. Their behavior towards me was completely inhumane and terrible.

Then, for a while, we could not get any news about my husband. It was about 10 days. We hired a lawyer since we could not get any news from him. Thanks to the lawyer, we learned that they transferred him to another city again.

In that period, my family in the country of X started to worry about me and my son. They asked us to join them. They bought a ticket, and invited us. It was a very difficult decision. Should I leave my husband, and my country? Leaving everything behind, with only one suitcase, with my son… It was very difficult, but we did not have any other choice. Right after our arrival in the country of X, I have a memory which I will remember all my life. At the passport checkpoint, a cop came close to me, and offered me a cup of water. He said “You look very tired.” I will remember this forever. I left my country with the feelings of a person with no country. In my home country, they told us “No water for you.” (Show no mercy). While there was “no water” for us in our home country, here at the passport checkpoint, a complete stranger offered me water with kind words. When you think about it, it is very strange to see what the Muslim community became. When did we become like this! Unbelievable!

After our arrival in the country of X, my family constantly supported us. And they still do. Despite their continuous support, there were things that I needed to overcome by myself. A completely foreign place, and a completely new beginning. As I mentioned before, because of the hurry when we were leaving, we forgot many important belongings behind. And I had a son to take care of. Very difficult times. I was trying to adapt. I was trying to stand tall. I had to stand tall. I should not show my son any sorrow. It was quite a hard period to describe. I was feeling like I was already dead. Soulless. I did not have any of my earthly belongings, and it was like I was buried under ground, as I could not reach anything I had. My son was asking, “Where is my this and that?”

Despite all of this, I felt very fortunate when I compared my situation to some others. Allah provided us many blessings. I did not have that terrible hardship.

I could not communicate with my husband for a long time. Then, when he called his family in Turkey, they called me on another phone so that I could hear his voice. After a year, I got a picture of him. It has been a year… Sometimes I think about this. How could we get back that one year in our lives? Did we live or not? As I said before, we were living, but it was feeling like we were already dead. I think this expression describes exactly how I felt.

Our friends were getting arrested day by day. People around us were getting caught. My husband’s arrest warrant came from Ankara. I cannot forget the dream I had a couple of days before the arrest of my husband. In my dream, I saw our arrival to the country of X, and my son was with me, but my husband was not. Moreover, in the dream, I saw that the cops who searched our house were helping me and my son to flee the country. In real life, in the police raid, one of the police officers who got our passports handed my and my son’s passports to me, and told me to keep them. Then I put them somewhere visible in the house. Then, he told me again to hide them in a safe place.

Then, when I visited my husband in prison, I told him, “We might leave the country.” He said, “I know. I had a dream the day before I got arrested. I saw that you were leaving.” We both had similar dreams at the same time.

It was not only about our friends getting arrested. They were persecuting everyone who is relevant or not. They did not have any standard. It was enough evidence to get arrested if someone mentions your name. In my husband’s case, it was a slander by someone who said, “I know this person (my husband)”, and that was enough for my husband’s arrest. In the raid, they were only looking for electronic items, nothing else. Then, since they could not find any evidence for his arrest, they made up an excuse like having a bank account in the bank associated with the group. Even though one year has passed, there is no official criminal charge against him. They are still looking for some evidence.

The day they came for the raid was my birthday. I offered them some cake and tea.

For example, no one ever smoked in my house before the raid. After that day, I hated my own home, my own furniture and other belongings. The world seemed worthless. Sometimes I ask myself, “Do I really feel upset for all I had, all my belongings that I left behind, for ? No! I don’t care at all. Sometimes my son asks me, “Mom, do you remember that thing?” Believe me, I don’t remember my own items. I really don’t care about them. There were lots of memories in those items. I feel like all my memories were stolen from me. This is indeed the hardest.

As I mentioned before, even though my family was with me, I still felt alone here. This is because I didn’t know the culture. These events started on my birthday. It was like I was born into a new world. I am learning everything again from the scratch. I am learning how to shop and other aspects of social life. At first, I was even reluctant to go to the playground with my son because I did not know how to behave there. However, having a kid made me overcome these difficulties faster, and I adapted somehow.

Another problem was my son’s adaptation to the new language. Yes, kids learn very fast, but my son had a very hard time at the beginning adapting to school. Unfortunately, one of the biggest challenges for us was that there was another family who came to the same neighborhood from Turkey for a year. Their kids were in the same school with my son. Their kid was insulting my son by saying, “You are a terrible person, your father is terrible, too.” They tried to hurt us with these attitudes. I could not understand how people could be so mean, where does this rage coming from even here in this country.

I told a friend before that we wanted nothing but goodness for their kids. We aimed that these kids grow with respect, and become good, righteous people. It was very frustrating to see such attitudes from the people you care so much about. Maybe, the reason for all of these was that God was directing our hearts toward Him. We were so alone that we turned to God when all the lights were turned off. We turned to Allah. We were so helpless. There was nothing else to do but to turn to Him.

I lost my father at a very early age. I didn’t even have the concept of “father” in my mind. I was about one year old. Nowadays, from time to time I think about that, too. What I mean is that everything happens for a reason. One of the good outcomes of this is that I could not have raised my son like this if I had not grown up myself without a father. I could understand my son so well, I know what he needs. Maybe, this makes me more powerful in life.

(3)

We did not tell anything about ourselves to the other Turkish family whose son was in my son’s school. There was a Turkish family whose son is at the same class with my son. Our story was that my family lives here, and we came here for my son to get his education in the country of X. We did not tell anything about what we had been through, and my husband’s situation in Turkey. Even my son thought that his father was working in the city of X. I don’t know how that family interpreted our situation in this way. Maybe because they did not see my husband with us. Probably, their son asked my son whether he could talk to his father or not. When my son said, “Sometimes by phone, not very often”, then they confirmed their suspicions. My son cried a lot when the other Turkish boy at the school insulted him. He said, “I don’t want to go to school anymore.” I was very angry at first. I wanted to talk to the parents of those children. I wanted to say that if they have a problem, they should directly talk to me, not to my son. Then, I thought I should do this if it happens again. I know that the penalty for such behavior is huge here. The children might even be expelled from school and I did not want this to happen to them.

Then I talked to my son. I asked him, “Do they have any relatives or close friends here?” He said “No.” I asked him, “Whom do you have as relatives?” Then, I added: “Your uncle is here, your aunt is here, and your close friends are here. They can come when you call. You are not alone here. Indeed, you have many people who love you a lot.” Then, I continued: “Your father is a great person.” I gave some examples from the times of our Prophet. I told him that our Prophet and his followers also experienced similar things at their time. He agreed, and said, “ I understand. I don’t need his friendship anyway. If he wants, he can come to me and be friends again.” Then, for a long time, he stayed away from him. This happened at the beginning of the school year, and my son was not fluent in the new languageback then. Since they both speak Turkish, my son was feeling close to that boy. It was very hard for him to stay away from him.

Then, my son started to have several friends at school. Then, the other Turkish boy wanted to play with my son again. My son came to me and asked me if he could play with the other Turkish boy. I told him “Yes, of course.” They are only kids. We should not raise them with hate. We should not teach them labeling, and discrimination. The kids who are raised with such attitudes and hate might be highly problematic for society. Then, my son and that boy solved their issues, and became friends again.

(4)

I am trying my best to continue our lives here. I am trying to settle everything down to have a good start when my husband join us. I am trying to take care of the things that need to be done for our son. Can we hold on to life here? Yes. I am trying to figure out how I can work here. I don’t want to quit. If I quit, I will lose a lot. I am trying to move ahead. I should not stop.

(5)

Just before the doorbell rang, we put the birthday cake on the table. The candles were lit. At that time, the doorbell rang. I could not eat that birthday cake. We did not expect the raid to happen at that particular time because these raids used to happen usually in the early mornings, or late nights. All the stories we heard about these raids had happened around those times.

(6)

There was another thing I just remembered. I can tell you if you’d like. When we were coming here, it was very hard for me to tell our leave to my husband’s family. We were leaving my husband behind… We needed to come here. They could not comprehend our situation. I called a cab to go to the airport. I was watching the streets while going to the airport. I loved the city of Xa lot. I could not imagine that I could leave that city. It was a very special place for me because of its spirituality. It started to change in the last couple of years, and it was feeling like we could not breathe when we were leaving. Being with no country… It was very sad. No one to look after us…

We arrived at the airport. We knew that many people were caught, and arrested during passport control. With that fear, I was trying to arrange some people there to take care of my son if something happened to me. When I called my friends, unfortunately they told me that they could not come. Then, my cousin came to the airport even though he had a test to take. Then, we went into the passport control area. It was quite frightening, like playing Russian roulette. I had no idea what was going to happen. I was very concerned whether we would be able to pass or not. I was looking at my son. It could be our last time together. I could leave him to my cousin, or we would pass, and continue our travel together. I could not forget those moments.

I handed my passport to the officer. We were looking at each other with my cousin. Then, the officer stamped the passport, and said “You can pass.” I was so relieved. I said “Goodbye” to my cousin. We passed. My husband was quite a sensitive person about the right and wrong, about being just. For example, when shopping at a store, if he dropped something from the shelves, he would definitely buy it. Even if the item was not broken or damaged after the fall, he would still buy it. Thinking of all these humiliating attitudes towards such a sensitive man… Leaving my country like this…. Their treatment of my husband as if he was a terrorist. Keeping him in the terrorists’ level in the prison, in the cells with the terrorists…

He stayed with terrorists in prison until he was transferred from the city of Xto another city. I saw him 2-3 days later, and he was in terrible shape. This is because we were not used to this. We were always surrounded by very nice people. Everybody around us were people like us. They were quite polite. The experiences that my husband had in the cell were killing him on the inside. He told me that he only ate a cup of soup for the last several days because they did not give him any other food.

My son was only 5 years old at the time. Now, he is 6 years old. We tried to explain these events in the least harmful way he could understand. We told him that his dad went to help other cops catch the bad guys. Since bad guys were dangerous, they needed to protect his dad from these guys. That’s why they were keeping him in such a protected place. After all, the kids would realize what was really going on, one way or another. Then, after a while, we consulted here about whether we should tell him the truth or not. We were told that we should tell him the truth. He would definitely understand. Then, my brother and I explained the situation to him. He did not say anything, as this was not his style. If he could not comprehend something, he would say, “I want to talk to you, Mom”, and this used to happen just before bedtime. He used to explain his problem to me. “I am sad about this, I am frustrated with that, etc.” However, this time he did not say anything. A month and a half passed. We were staying with my sister-in-law in her place. She was traveling for business. On that night, my son came to me and he said, “I want to talk to you, Mom.” I asked. He just said one sentence: “On the evening of your birthday …” Then, he cried for hours.

Even though we think the kids do not understand what is happening, indeed in their own world, they definitely have a sense about the events. Now, he has become much more mature. Recently, something happened, and he told me, “Mom, I am your companion.” He added, “We should do this and that.” I believe these experiences contributed a lot to his character. He looks at things very differently now. He is stronger. While we are facing certain difficulties from our perspective, he is facing his own difficulties, too. He lost everything that was valuable to him. He lost his toys, his dad, his family. He came here. “I had a bed, now it’s gone. I had a toy, now it’s gone.” He has nothing now. I am trying to get his needs one-by-one.

On the other hand, I believe kids gained a lot for their future by going through these events. My son hugged me, and cried. He cried a lot at night in the first days here. Maybe for a month. We were staying with my other brother at that time. When he saw the other families, the kids with their fathers, or when his cousin called my brother “Dad”, his eyes filled with tears. I noticed it because I experienced similar things during my youth. However, what we are going through… When they were alive, they separated people from each other. This is what we experienced. When everything was all right, everything turned upside down.

We went to see my husband. They brought him. I wanted him to talk to our son more than me. The time was very limited. The total visitation was about 5 minutes. I asked him if he needed something. I told him that we can “leave” (flee the country). He said, “I know.” He was expecting to be transferred to some other prison. He talked about the ambience in prison. I told him what I did, what I plan to do. During this time, we were hugging each other very tight. They also allow the kids to hug their parents. I hugged my son, and my husband hugged him, too. They do not allow any other contact. That’s what I remember.

After a long time, about a year, my husband sent us a photo (starts crying). We always tried to send out photos, but we could not send our letters directly to him. First, we sent them to his family, and then they would put it in another envelope and send it to him. It took about 2 months to deliver and get a response. In the first months, we could not speak by phone. This is because my mother-in-law and father-in-law are both very old; they could not connect us through phone, as they needed to open the speaker, etc. It took a long time for them to figure out the technology. We are able to regularly speak by phone for almost 2 months now. Before that, we could not speak sometimes for a month or even more than that.

It’s very hard to talk anyway; we can barely hear each other’s voice. I was trying to understand how he was doing from his voice. This is because even though he says, “I am good”, I knew that he would not tell us when he is not. It is the same for me, too. Everyone says, “I am good, I am OK.” but indeed no one is. Everyone knows what it really is. We just try not to sadden each other.

After a year, he sent his photo with his letter. It was very painful seeing him after a year (crying). Our son is growing up during this period. He changed a lot. He is growing up, and learns quite quickly. We sent our photos, but my husband did not want them at first. My mother-in-law kept them. Finally, a month ago, he asked for the photos. My father-in-law sent the photos to him. He said, “I cannot look at the photos. Whenever I look at them, I start crying.” While he could not look at our photos, I could not look at his photos either. I tried to look at his photos, but he changed a lot. He got old. He would see me in a similar way perhaps.

We kept talking to my husband through my in-laws’ phone. We were asking each other how the other is doing. After sharing some daily stuff, and then the phone cuts off. I want to talk more, but it is not possible. Our memories were accumulating, but I could not share them. I could not express my feelings plainly and explicitly. It is like a live broadcast. There is no privacy. Everyone hears what I am saying. My in-laws are hearing. The letters are likewise. Our letters are read by others. His letters are read, too. I cannot tell my troubles because I do not want to bother him more.

Sometimes, I feel like I miss him so much. I wonder when this will come to an end. Sometimes, my son cheers me up. “I cannot forget that incident. In the first months, he expressed his longing for his dad a lot. He said something which I would not expect from a kid. He was 5 years old at that time. He said, “I am very concerned about my father. We are here, he is there. I am worrying about him.”

Of course, we are often chatting with my son during this period. I am trying to nourish his soul as I am nourishing my own soul. I am giving examples of similar events from the past. These affect him a lot. We talk about companions of the Prophet Muhammad. We talk about the Prophet Muhammad. One day he came, and said, “I am not so concerned anymore. I know that Allah is with us. We will overcome these things. The bad people might be winning now, but at the end, we will win. I am sure of that. I am not worried about my dad anymore.”

What annoys me most? I cannot believe that our people, our society, were so lacking in values. I am very angry with the Turkish people as they are so selfish. They are in a mode that if something does not harm them, then they don’t care. They explain all these events by saying “They are not “from us”, they are not “with us” anyway”. I am so surprised to see that they could label others, and do not care what happens to others.

We meet new local people here. We visit them sometimes, and they pray for us. They pray that this painful period ends quickly and that we will be alright again. They try to help us. On the other hand, “our people” – the Turkish, Anatolian people – play three wise monkeys: no hear, no see, no speak! This makes me crazy. I cannot believe how they behave so selfishly. What are they waiting for to speak up?

The most dominant feeling we have is longing. I also think about the selfishness of some people. Thank you very much. I hope it will be helpful.

Turkish Transcription:

Back to list of interviews

(1)

Sesimi kaydetmenize izin veriyorum. Konuştuğum bütün her şeyi kaydetmenize izin veriyorum. 15 Temmuzdan öncesinden bahsetmek gerekirse ortam zaten çok fazlasıyla gerilmişti. Aileler arasındaki ilişkilere kadar sıçramıştı bu. 15 Temmuzdan öncesinde de evde hep panik içerisinde bekliyorduk. Ve o gün hani insanin mezara kadar götüreceği anılardan birisi herhalde 15 Temmuz. Biz çok yakın bir yerde oturuyorduk bu olayların yaşandığı yere.. Olaylar başladığında başta ne olduğunu anlayamadık. Evdeyiz. Arkadaşlarla konuşuyoruz. Hiç kimsenin hiçbir şeyden haberi yok. Sonra darbe oluyormuş söylentileri başladı. Gece yarısına doğru bu kesinleşti. İşte darbe olmuş, olacakmış,yapacaklarmış falan… Ama o gün hiç unutamıyorum evdeki o dehşete düştüğümüz anı. İnsanlar ellerinde sopalarla yürüdüler.. Yollar kapalı. Insanlar dediğim gibi sopalarla, bazıları belki silahlarla, o şekilde yürüdüler. Sonra televizyonlara görüntüler düşmeye başladı insanların öldürüldüğü, dövüldüğü gibi.

Yani orada kimin ne yaptığını hiç kimse anlamıyordu. Sadece bir çağrıyla herkes sokaklara döküldü o anda. O gün hiçbir yere çıkmadık zaten. Bir sonraki gün bir arkadaşa gittik. Ne oluyor? Hani nedir? Ne yapacağız falan diye. Hiç kimse bir şey bilmiyordu. Yani herkes şey halinde… hani herkese bir durgunluk gelmişti. Yani ne yapacağını bilememezlik. O gün şeyi hiç unutmuyorum. Arabadan indik biz yürüyoruz. Yanımdan başka bir araba geçiyor. kutlamalara gidiyorlardı. Adam bana bir şey söylemiş fakat ben o kadar durgundum ki o zaman adamın ne dediğini anlamamışım. Adam benim üzerime yürüdü ona tepki vermediğim için. Yani insanlar bu denli insancil fıtratlarını yitirmiş haldeydi. Sokağa çıktığınızda mutlaka elinizde bir bayrak veya bir gruba dahil olmanız gerekiyor. Yoksa yani başka türlü yürüdüğünüzde insanlar size anında saldırabilir. Bu sekildeydi sokaklar.

Tabii bunun sonrasında bütün boyle sevdiğimiz insanlarla ilgili kötü haberler almaya başladık. Iste işkence gördükleri… Çevremdeki bütün insanlar gitmişti. Bir bir onların haberleri geliyordu tabii ve sevdiğiniz insanların o esnada yanında olamıyorsunuz. ( sesi titriyor) O esnada herhalde benim kalbimi en acıtan şey oydu. Kardes olmuşsunuz birsey paylaşmışsınız fakat birbirinize gidemiyorsunuz o esnada cunku sokakta bile yürüyemeyecek haldesiniz. Sanki alnınızda yaziyor… Uzerinize atlayıp döveceklermiş gibi böyle bir baskı hissetmeye başlıyorsunuz. Her zaman yürüdüğünüz sokaklar, selam verdiğiniz insanlar, bir şeyler paylaştığınız insanlar… dediğim gibi böyle her zaman tanıdığımız insanlar… onlara idam onlara su bile yok…

(2)

Yani o akşamdan sonra bize en zor gelen şey,bana en zor gelen şey; dedigim gibi insan bir süre sonra çevresindeki arkadaşlarla kardeş gibi oluyor. Çok sevdiğimiz arkadaşlara ulaşamamak oldu. Yanlarında olamamak oldu, çünkü içeri alındıklarına dair, işkence gördüklerine dair sadece haberler alıyoruz fakat hiçbirisine ulaşamıyoruz. Sokağa çıkamıyorsunuz sanki alnınızda yazıyor sizin o gruptan (Hizmet Hareketi) olduğunuz ve çıktığınızda insanlar size saldıracakmış gibi geliyor. Kendinizi bu şeyle bir eve kapatıyorsunuz bu süreç içerisinde. Sonra tabii bu da olmuyor. Yani çok değişik bir şey.

Böyle sabahları ben hatırlıyorum sabah 3 ten 4 ten sonra hiç uyuyamıyorduk. Sabah 7-8’e kadar. Çünkü çevremizde bakıyoruz insanlar hep o saatlerde evden alınıyor. Polis baskınları oluyor. Biz de bekliyoruz o saat geçtikten sonra tekrar uyuyorduk. Ama o süreçte hiç uyuyamadığımızı hatırlıyorum. Zaten hani uyunacak bir durum da yoktu da ilk zamanlar. Hatta o ilk gün mesela 15 Temmuzun olduğu gün ve sonrasi gunlerde ben hatırlıyorum bir ara kendimi böyle bilinçsiz bir şekilde koridorda gelip giderken bulmuştum. Çünkü yani insanın böyle bir şey olabilir mi dedigi bir süreç. Yani o kadar değişik ki o Türkiye’nin bunları yaşayabileceği… Türkiye’de bunların yaşanacağı… Sevdiğimiz insanların başına bunların geleceği… Çok çok değişik bir süreçti. Mesela bizim arkadaşlardan o süreçte vefat eden oldu. Çok ciddi işkenceler görüp bunların şeylerini aldık yani…

Tam 15 Temmuz sonrasinda birkac hafta sonrasinda ameliyat olmam gerekiyordu ve farklı bir şehire geçtim. Tabii ameliyat oldum ama hatta işte bu şeye (Hizmet Hareketi) bağlı bir hastanede ameliyat olacaktım ama eşim dedi ki sen ameliyat masasında kalırsan falan dedi. Hastaneye el koyarlar biz seni memlekete götürelim orada ameliyat ol dedi. Gerçekten de dediği gibi oldu. Benim ameliyatı olmayı planladığım gün o hastane kapatıldı. Kalp hastalarının dahi masada kaldığı haberlere yansıdı. Bir süre memlekette kaldım ameliyat sonrasında fakat o dönem benim için daha çok kötüydü çünkü eşimle telefonla haberlesebiliyoruk. Bazen ulaşamıyorum. Ulaşamadığım anda, “tamam gitti eşimi aldılar ben nasıl bulacağım” öyle bir panik… Cok korkunc.. Hatta bir keresinde telefonunu evde unutmuş. Ben o gün nasıl akşam oldu da eşimin sesini nasıl duydum hatırlamıyorum. Yani tamam dedim aldılar nasıl ulaşacağım ben bu adama. Hiçbir şekilde mümkün değil çünkü ulaşmak birisini aldıklarında.

X iline döndüğümüzde hala hiçbir şekilde bu olaylar azalmadan devam ediyordu. Her gün belirli meydanlarda toplanıp sözde işte kutlamalar yapılıyordu. Bu birileri için kutlama olurken birileri için çok büyük bir acı. Çünkü biz kendimizi hiçbir şekilde ifade edemiyoruz. Çok degisik seyler. Yani insanın böyle ifade edemediği, ifadelendiremedigi duygular. Ben tabi o süreçte hep eşime gidelim bak cikma imkanımız var cikalim bu şekilde telkinlerde bulunuyordum. Fakat eşim herkes gitti bak içeride arkadaşlarımız var onlar çıktıklarında esim hep şey dedi yani “biz buradayız sizi bekledik” diyeceğiz dedi. “Biz de gidersek onlar çıktığında ya da şimdi onlara kim moral verecek” dedi. Sonra bir gün hiç unutmuyorum böyle cumartesi günüydü. Eşime dedim ki: “Ya bizim yarın dışarıya çıkmamamız gerekiyormus gibi bir duygu var icimde” dedim. O da iyi dedi. Bekleriz yarın o zaman dedi. Sonra pazar günü zil çaldı iki tane arkadaş geldiler. Esleri içeride ve biz aylardır görüşemiyorduk. O gün hiç unutmuyorum. Böyle esime de dedim. Ben öyle bir sevinci hayatimda daha önce bir kere yaşamıştım. Çocuğumuzun olacağını öğrendiğim gün öyle bir duygu yaşamıştım. Bunda çok samimiyim. (5. 42)Biz onlarla saatlerce oturduk ama çok az konuştuk. Sadece birbirimize baktık ve sarıldık. Ve ben onlara da dedim insanlar bize bu dünyada sevdiklerimizle birlikte olmayı çok görebilirler bunun için insanları ayırabilirler bir çok sevdiklerinden Rabbim dedim otede ayırmasın. Benim şu an en büyük dualarımdan birisi bu. Rabbim otede ayırmasın sevdiklerimizden.

Sonra birkaç hafta sonra benim doğum günümdü. Akşam eşim bir şeyler almış kutlamak için. Tam masaya koyduk hatırlıyorum zil çaldı. Seyden baktık polisler gelmişti. Esim yok dedi değildir. Hala inanmak istemiyor. Ben dedim onlar geldi işte. Geldiler. Hepsi bize gelenlerin üst kademeden insanlardı. Komiserler, amirler,şefler hep o şekildeydi. İşte komşularımız falan tabi o sirada duydular. Bunlar herhalde insanın ömründe hiç unutmayacağı kareler. (7. 25) Ben ben bizim ufakligi farklı bir yere aldım. Basta odasına götürdüm. Dediler arama yapacağız. Çok farklı bir şey o arama yapmak… Yani sizin mutfağınıza, salonunuza,oturma odanıza… onlar hiçbir şey belki onlara bir nokta diyorsunuz ama yatak odanıza kadar girip hatta özellikle yatak odasıni daha böyle sizi incitecek şekilde davranışlarla, sözlerle, hareketlerle aramaları, her şeyiniz ortaya dökmeleri, bu esnada sizi kışkırtacak cümleler kurmaları… orada ben şey dediğimi hatırlıyorum… “Biz bu ülke için gecemizi gündüzümüze kattık bu insanları destekledik bunun sonucu bu şekilde terör damgası görmekse yazıklar olsun!” dedim. Yani çok böyle enteresan o gece o aramalar esnasında yaşadıklarım çok hatırlamak istediğim şeyler değil… Sonra eşime küçük bir çanta hazırladım. Adamlardan yalvar yakar nereye götürdüklerini öğrenebildim. Sonra bizden eşimin iş yerine gittiler. Çünkü orayı da aramak istiyorlardı. Gece 12. 00 gibi evden çıktılar.

Oğluma baban amcalarla çalışmak için gidiyor bir süre orada kalacak dedim. Onu yatirdim ama dediğim gibi hani o gece zaten sabah olmadı. Gece bir daha aydınlanmadı. Sürekli koridorda… Telefonlarımıza o zaman da el koydukları için almadan önce abimlere haber verebildim. Aldılar biz kalıyoruz sadece diye. Ve kimseyle de haberlesemiyoruz. Eşimin ailesine haber verdik bir şekilde. Sonra eşimin farklı bir ile sevk edileceğini söylediler ve emrin oradan geldiğini.

Sonrasında ben ziyaret etmek için gittim. Öyle çok değişik yani terör katına, terörle mücadele katina gidiyorsunuz. Orada böyle çok değişik muameleler görüyorsunuz. Ben hayatımda hani yüzü kapkara bir insani orada gördüm. Bana böyle bacak bacak üstüne attı ve yan dondu. “Görüşturmuyoruz teröristleri” dedi. Bu sekilde. Yanımda tabii ki çocuk var. O esnada kimseden bir şey isteyemiyorsunuz zaten. Cunku insanlar size selam vermeye bile korkuyorlar. Sizinle konuşmaya bile, bakmaya bile korkuyorlar. Bizi de onlardan zannederler diye. Yanımda ufak bir çocukla oralara gittim. Hatta işte eşimle görüşmek istediğimde aşağıya bütün suçluların olduğu bir yere inecektik ki birisi müdahale etti. Allah razı olsun o kişiden. Cocuk var diye. Hani hiç yani insanca muamele yapmıyorlar size.

Sonra eşimden uzun bir süre haber alınamadı. Yani bir hafta 10 gün kadar. O sırada avukat tuttuk haber alamadığımız için biz. Avukat sayesinde eşimin götürüldüğü ilden de başka bir ile götürüldüğünü öğrendik.

Tabi bu sürede ailem ben ve çocuğum için endişelenmeye başladı. Buraya gelmelisiniz hemen diye. Hemen bilet alındı. Tabii o sırada hani insanın karar vermekte çok zorlandığı anlardan birisi… Işte geride eşini bırakmak, ülkeni bırakmak… Her şeyimizi bırakıp işte tek çocukla bir bavul hazırlayıp farklı bir ülkeye gitmek… Bu çok zor bir şeydi tabiki. Ama gelmek durumundaydık. Uzun bir şeyden sonra ben hiç unutmuyorum havaalanında X ulkesine geldikten sonra pasaport kontrolünde arkamdan bir polis yaklaştı ve bana su uzattı. (sesi titriyor) “Çok yorgun görünüyorsunuz” dedi. Ben bunu hiç unutmuyorum. Ulkemizde, yani ülkeden çıkarken vatansızlık hissiyle çıktık. Su bile yok diyorlardi insanlar bize. Size su bile vermeyeceğiz derken, burada havaalanında pasaport kontrolünde hiç beni tanımayan bir insan dokunup çok yorgun görünüyorsunuz deyip su uzatması … Dedim yani biz Müslümanlar nereden nereye geldik… Nasıl böyle olduk… Insan bu konuda böyle şey kaliyor.

Tabii buraya geldiğimizde sağ olsunlar ailem hep yanımızda durdu. Hala da yanımızda duruyor. Fakat tabii ki ne kadar yanımda dursalar da benim yalnız başıma asmam gereken bir sürü zorluk vardi. Yabancı bir yer, hiçbir düzenimiz yok. Dediğim gibi dünyamız işte o kafayla hazırladığım yani bir an önce gideyim kafasıyla hazirladigimiz ve birçok şeyi koymayı unuttuğumuz bir valizden ibaret. Ve yanımda küçük bir çocuk. O günler böyle çok zordu. Adapte olmaya çalışıyorsunuz. Dik durmaya calisiyorsunuz. Dik durmanız gerekiyor. “Üzülmek…” bu fiili çocuğunuza da göstermemeniz gerekiyor. Cok yani ne bileyim insanın anlatamayacağı bir surec… Anlatamayacağım bir şey… Yani ölmüştük… Yani öyle hissediyordum. Ölmüştük fakat hala dünyadaydik. Dünyaya ait hiçbir malımız mülkümüz hani adeta kabre konmuş gibi hiçbir şeyimize ulaşamıyorduk. Yani ignemize dahi ulaşamıyorduk Türkiye’deki. Çok değişik bir şey bu. Cocuk benim şuyum vardı nerede? buyum vardı nerede?

Yine dediğim gibi çok şükür böyle birçok insana göre baktığımızda o kadar çok şükredecek şeyimiz var ki. Allah bir sürü nimetler nasip etti. Öyle büyük sıkıntılar yaşamadık.

Uzun bir süre eşimle görüşemedik. Sonra ailesini telefonla aradigi zamanlarda onlar da beni telefonla arıyorlar ben sadece sesini duyabiliyorum. En son işte bir yıldan sonra geçen resmini göndermişti. Bir yıl olmuş… Bazen düşünüyorum hani bu bir yılı hayatımızda nereye koyacağız? (sesi titriyor) Yaşanmış mı yaşanmamış mı? Dediğim gibi hani dünyadayız zaman geçiyor fakat ölmüş gibiyiz. Hani bu bence tam doğru ifade eden bir şey..

Yani bizim arkadaşlarımız hep alınıyordu. Çevremizdeki insanlar hep alınıyordu. Eşimin de zaten alinma emri Ankara’dan gelmişti. Yani hiç unutmuyorum; birkac gun öncesinde de zaten buraya geldiğimi görüyorum, fakat oğlumla beraber geldiğimi görüyorum. Eşim tek yok rüyamda o şekilde görmüştüm. Hatta yardımcı oluyorlar rüyamda baskina gelen insanlar benim kaçmam için çocuğumla birlikte. Ve o gece mesela gelen şeylerden birisi (polis memurlarından)işte bizim pasaportlarımızı aldı. Sonra bir ara benimle çocuğun pasaportunu bana uzattı. “Bu sende kalsın” dedi verdi. Sonra ben hatta onu bir yere koymuştum. Onlari tekrar oradan alıp bunlar sende kalsın diye elime verdiğini hatırlıyorum.

Sonra esim alındıktan sonra 10 dakika görmeye gittiğimde de eşime dedim; biz gidebiliriz dedim. Biliyorum gideceğinizi dedi. “Alınmadan bir gün önce ben görmüştüm gideceğinizi” dedi. İkimiz de aynı anda benzer şeyler görmüşüz zaten.

Ama bu sadece çevremizdeki insanların alınıp alınmaması ile de alakalı değil yani herkesi alıyorlar zaten bir standartları yok. Birisinin söylemesi yeterli. Eşime de birisinin iftira atmasıyla diyebiliriz. Yani ben bu kişiyi tanıyorum demesiyle alındı. Bizden mesela evden istenen sadece elektronik cihazlardı, başka bir şey istemiyorlardı. Fakat eşimi aldıktan sonra bir delil bulamadıkları için bankadaki hesabı bahane edilerek tutuldu. Hala da mesela bir yıl oldu artık bir iddianame yazılmış değil. Hala delil arama sürecindeler.

Böyle yani, geldiklerinde dediğim gibi o gece benim doğum günümdü. Ve dedim ikram edeyim çay pasta. Onlardan ikram ettik. 

Mesela benim evimde hiç sigara içilmemişti o güne kadar. O günden sonra hani insan evinden de nefret ediyor, eşyalarından da nefret ediyor. Dünya her şekliyle düşüyor içinizden. Gözünüzden de düşüyor gönlünüzden de düşüyor. Yani şu anda da böyle ara ara kendimi kontrol ediyorum: Yaşadıklarımda acaba geride bıraktıklarıma yani eşya olarak dünyalık olarak üzülüyor muyum diye. Hayır hiç birisi umurumda değil hatta bazen oğlum diyor; anne şu vardı hatırlıyor musun? İnanin hatırlamıyorum bile eşyaları. Hiç birisi umurumda dahi değil. Yani yaşanmışlıklarımızı, yaşadıklarımızı, anılarımızı hani geçmişe dair biriktirdiklerimizi çaldılar. Böyle hissediyorum. Bu en zor gelen şey.

Buraya geldiğimizde de dediğim gibi hani ne kadar aileniz bile olsa yalnızlık hissediyorsunuz. Çünkü hiçbir şekilde kültürünü bilmiyorsunuz. Bu olaylar, işte buraya gelmemiz benim doğum günümde başlamıştı. Hatta diyordum içimden yeni bir dünyaya doğmuş gibiyim. Yeniden her şeyi öğreniyorum. Markete gitmek burada nasıl öğreniyorum. Işte buradaki sosyal hayat kuralları nasıl öğreniyorum. İlk zamanlar hani parka gitmeye bile çekiniyordum. Çünkü bilmiyorum nasıl yapacağım ne edeceğim. Ama çocuğunuz olunca bunları biraz daha hızlı öğreniyorsunuz. Daha hızlı katılmak gerekiyor. Bir şekilde atlatiliyor.

Sonra çocuğunuzun dil adaptasyonu… Hani çok çabuk öğreniyorlar fakat okula başlama sürecinde falan o kadar zorlandı ki. Mesela burada okulda yaşadığımız en büyük problem de yine Türkiye’deki bu zihniyete sahip bir insan buraya bir yıllığına gelmiş. İşte kader planında aynı yerdeyiz ve çocuğumla aynı okuldalar. Bu insanın çocuğu benim oğluma “sen çok kötüsün, senin baban da kotu” deyip bu şekilde burada bile insanların canını acıtmaya çalışıyorlar. Burada bile bu nasıl bir kafa, bu nasıl bir anlayış, bu nasıl bir öfke, hiçbir şekilde anlamıyorum. 

Ki ben birisine demiştim yani bu insanların evlatları yetişsin iyi insanlar olsun. Bundan başka gönlümüzden hiçbir şey geçmedi, yani gerçekten geçmedi. insanlardan, bu şekilde düşündüğünüz insanlardan böyle bir muamele görmek çok çok değişik bir imtihan. Ama herhalde bizim (yani herhalde değil ) bu sürecin sonunda bizim yanımıza kalan Cenabı Hak gönüllerimizi -İnşallah orada da sabit kalsın- O’na doğru yönlendirdi. O kadar yalnız kaldık ki, gece olduğunda ışıklar kapanıyor ve O’na yöneliyorsunuz. Ve Cenabı hakka yöneliyorsunuz. O kadar çaresiziz ki insanlar olarak. O kadar çaresiziz ki. Bütün bütün sebepler tükendi. 

Ben mesela babamı çok küçükken kaybettim. Baba kavramı oluşmamıştı bile. 1 yaşlarında. Şimdi bazen onu bile düşünüyorum. Yani şu hayatta yaşadığımız her şeyin hikmeti var. Onun mesela hikmetlerinden birisi de buymuş. Yani ben belki babasızlığın ne olduğunu bilmeseydim çocuğumu bu kadar onu anlayarak büyütemezdim bu bir yıl içerisinde. Ne hissettiklerini anlayabiliyorum,ne yapmam gerektiğini anlayabiliyorum, belki hayatta daha güçlüyüm.

(3)

(Okuldaki diger turk aileye) Biz kendimize dair hiçbir sey aslinda söylemedik. Biz buraya geldik. Ailem burda. Cocuk okuyacak dedik. Yani yaşadığımız şeylere dair hiçbir şey söylemedik. (Eşimin durumundan hiç bahsetmedik) Eşimi zaten çocuk da bir süreye kadar o şekilde bildi. X ilinde çalışıyor olarak. Oyle yaptik fakat artık bilmiyorum… Sanki alnımızda mı yazıyor bilmiyorum ama kendince o şekilde yorumlamış anladığım kadarıyla. Çünkü yani benim eşimi görmuyor… Cocuk başlangıçta zannediyorum benim oğluma sormus babanla konuşabiliyor musunuz diye. Telefonda o da bazen işte her zaman değil gibi cevaplar verince herhalde kendilerince emin olmuşlar. Oğlum bunu yaşadığında geldiğinde çok ağladı. Anne bir daha gitmek istemiyorum okula dedi. Ben çok sinirlendim başta. Gidip bayanla konuşmak istedim. Hani bir problemin varsa bunu çocuklar aracılığıyla anlatma gel bana sor merak ettiğin bir şey varsa ben sana ne istiyorsan ayrıntılarıyla anlatayım demek istedim. Fakat sonra düşündüm. Tekrar ederse bunu yapayım dedim. Çünkü burada bu tür şeylere büyük yaptırımları var. Çocuk okuldan dahi atılabilir yani bunu yaptığında.

Sonra oğlumla konuştum. Dedim onların burada kimi var dedim. Aile olarak kimleri var? Kimsesi yok dedi. Senin kimlerin var dedim? Kim var burada tanıdığın? Bak dayınlar burada, şu arkadaşın orada, şu teyzen burada, bak şu arkadaşın burada hepsi seni çok seviyorlar. Aradığında geliyorlar. Yani sen burada yalnız değilsin dedim. Çok kalabalıksın ve arkandaki, yanındaki bu kalabalik seni seven insanlardan olusuyor. Sonra dedim, senin baban çok iyi bir insan. Peygamber efendimiz döneminden örnekler verdim. Zaten ara ara hep duyuyor, anlatıyoruz. Onlarin da bu tarz seyler yaşadıklarını soyledim. Sonra tamam dedi. Anladım dedi. Benim onun arkadaşlığına ihtiyacım yok dedi. O isterse gelir benimle arkadaş olur dedi. Uzun bir sure onunla hiç arkadaşlık yapmadı. Ama bunları yaşadıkları donemde okullar yeni açılmıştı. Cocuk dil bilmiyor o yüzden onu cok yakin hissediyor kendisine. Onun için çok zor oldu. Kendini ondan izole etmek.

Sonra sınıfından baska cocuklarla da arkadaş oldu. Sonra o çocuk benim oğlumun yanına gelip tekrar oynamak istedi. Bana gelip sordu anne oynayabilir miyim diye. Ben de oynayabilirsin oğlum dedim. Cocuklar çünkü… Çocuklarımıza böyle bir ofke yüklemeye,böyle görevler vermeye,böyle etiketler biçmeye, tanımlar yapmaya hiç gerek yok. Bu şekilde daha çocukken bu şekilde gruplara ayrılan, öfkeyle büyütülen çocuklar ileride yani cok iyi şeyler vermez topluma. Sonra çocuklar kendi aralarında bir şekilde hallettiler..

(4)

Hani ben mesela şu anda o geldiğinde, yani esim geldiğinde yanımıza hayatımıza kaldığımız yerden devam edebilmek için elimden geleni yapıyorum. İşte çocukla ilgili yapılacak mı? Tamam. Burada hayata tutunmak mi? Evet. İşte çalışma ile ilgili belli şeyler araştırıyorum. Hani durmamaya çalışıyorum. Çünkü devam etmemek ve durmak bize daha çok şey kaybettirecek. Durmamaya çalışıyorum. Durmamak lazım. (2. 29)

(5)

Yani zil çalmadan önce biz tam masaya pastayı koymuştuk. Hani mumu falan öyle duruyordu. Tam o sırada zil çaldı. O pastayı ben zaten yiyemedim. Beklemediğimiz bir akşam çünkü bir de akşam saati olduğu için çok beklediğimiz bir saat değil. Çünkü bütün duyduğumuz hikayeler gece veya sabaha doğru geçiyor. (1. 10)

(6)

Aklima gelen bir şey daha var isterseniz onu anlatayım. Buraya gelirken eşimin ailesine buraya geleceğimizi söylemek çok zor oldu. Geride bırakıyoruz. Oraya gitmemiz gerekiyor. Çünkü olaylari tam manası ile kavrayamıyorlar, bilemiyorlar. Taksi tuttum evden. Takside böyle bakıyorum havaalanına giderken. Ben X Illini çok çok severdim. Oradan kopabilecegimi düşünmezdim. Çünkü çok fazla manevi bir havası vardı. Son yıllarda biraz bozulmuştu ve nefes alamadığımızi hissediyorduk ama ayrılırken… Yani bu vatansızlık… Buna… ediyorsunuz. Yani size sahip çıkan birileri yok.

Havaalanına gittik. Tabii havaalanında orada pasaport kontrolünden geçerken alınan bir sürü insan vardı. Öyle bir korkuyla yanımıza işte birilerini ayarlamaya çalıştık. Olur da beni alırlarsa çocuk ortalıkta kalmasın diye. Sonra birilerini arıyorsunuz herkes ben gelirim diyemiyor maalesef. Hayır diyenler oluyor. Sonra kuzenim hiç unutmuyorum hatta sınavı vardı. Geldi. Pasaport kontrolüne geçtik. Ama hani o an o kadar şey ki; böyle adeta rus ruleti oynar gibi. Ne çıkacağını bilmiyorsunuz. Sonra kontrole doğru ilerledik. Hani orada geçebilirim de,geçmeye bilirim de. Çocuğuma bakıyorum. Son zamanlarımız olabilir. Orda kuzeninize verecek olabilirsiniz ya da oradan geçebilirsiniz. O anları hiç unutmuyorum.

Pasaportumu verdim kontrol ediyor. Bir yandan kuzenime bakıyorum, o bakıyor sonra vurdu damgayi geçebilirsiniz dedi adam. O kadar rahatlamıştım ki o zaman güle güle dedim kuzenime. Geçtik. …

Kendim adına değil de mesela eşim adına konuşacak olursam. Benim eşim öyle kılı kırk yararcasına hak hukuk konusunda hassas bir insan. Mesele markette gezerken reyondan bir paketi düşürsün onu alırdı, istemese bile alırdı.. Kırılmamışsa bile başkasının hakkına girmeyelim diye. Bu kadar hak hukuk konusunda hassas bir insan. Ama siz böyle yaşarken, böyle muamele görmek. Ülkenizden bu şekilde gitmek. İşte eşinizin bu şekilde terörist muamelesi görmesi. Teröristlerin katında olması, teröristlerle aynı hücreye…

Mesela X ilinden  diğer yere sevk edilene kadar böyle bu tip insanlarla aynı yere konuldu eşim. Ve sonra gördüğümde 2 – 3 gün sonra gördüğümde çok kötü durumdaydı. Çünkü bizler hep belirli insanlarla oturup kalktık. Çevremizdeki insanlar hep bizim gibi insanlardı. Bunlar o kadar insanın iç nezaketini inciten şeyler ki, adeta çökmüştü yani. Eşim dedi sadece bir çorba içtim günlerdir. Çünkü yemek vermiyorlar.

Bunlari yasarken 5 yaşındaydı oğlum. Şimdi 6 yaşında. Kendi dünyasında o zamanlar anladığını düşünüyorum. Biz çalışmaya gitti amcalara yardımcı oluyor. Yardımcı olduğu için de çok kötü amcaları yakalamak için yardımcı oluyor, babanı korumaları gerekiyor o yüzden orada kalıyor baban şeklinde bir yorum yaptık. Cok güvenli yerlerde tutuyorlar o yüzden. Böyle bir yorum yaptık. Ama tabii çocuklar mutlaka anlıyorlar. Bir süre sonra burada danıştık. Söylemeli miyiz yoksa bu şekilde mi devam etmeliyiz diye. Bize söylemelisiniz dediler. Cocuk mutlaka anlar. Sonra ağabeyimle birlikte açıkladık. Hiçbir şey söylemedi. O anda hiçbir cümle kurmadi ama bu onun tarzı değil. Yani oğlum bir şeyi kafasına takmışsa seninle konuşmak istiyorum der ve bu genelde yatmadan öncedir. Seninle konuşmak istiyorum anne der ve konuşur. Şöyle şöyle problemim var veya şuna üzüldüm, şuna şöyle kırıldım şeklinde ifade eder. Hiçbir şey söylemedi. Aradan biraz zaman geçti. Bir ay bir buçuk ay kadar. İste şu an yengesinin yanında kalıyoruz. Yengesi bir semineri için farklı bir yere gitti. O gece geldi, anne konuşmak istiyorum dedi. Sordum. Sadece bir cümle kurdu. Senin doğum gününün olduğu gece dedi. (agliyor) saatlerce ağladı.

Biz çocukların anlamadığını bilmediğini düşünsek de iç dünyalarında bunu mutlaka biliyorlar. Ve şu an bu noktada belki çok fazla büyüdü. Geçen bir şey oldu; ben senin yol arkadaşınım anne dedi. Bunları böyle yapmamız lazım dedi. Çocuklara çok ekstra şeyler katti belki bu süreç. Daha farklı bakıyorlar. Daha güçlüler. Biz kendi açımızdan baktığımızda zorlukları var. Ama onlar açısından bakıldığında da zorlukları var. İşte onlar da tüm özellerini kaybettiler. Bir çocuktan kucuk bir oyuncağını bile almak zordur. Bu çocuklar her şeylerini kaybetti. Oyuncaklarını kaybettiler, babalarını, ailelerini… Buraya geldi. Hani yatağım vardı. Yok. Hani oyuncağım vardı. Yok. Hani hiçbir şeyi yok. Zamanla biraz biraz ediniyorsunuz, alıyorsunuz ihtiyaçlara göre şey yapıyorsunuz.

Ama gelecekleri adına çok büyük kazanımlar elde ettiklerini düşünüyorum. Evet büyük şeyler yaşadılar.. Başta bir sarıldı ağladı. Sonra hadi yat uyu oğlum. Yani şey yaptı. Fakat ilk geceler çok ağladı buraya geldiğimizde. Bir ay boyunca belki ağladı. O dönem diğer abilmlerin yanında kalıyorduk. Bazen böyle hani ailelerle birlikte, babasıyla birlikte çocuklar gördükçe, kuzeni abime gittikçe falan görüyordum. Baba dedikçe onun gözleri doluyor. Fark ediyorsunuz. Çünkü dediğim gibi geçmişte benzerini yaşamışsınız. Ama bizim şu anda yaşadığımız… Yani hayattayken, sağlığında insanları birbirlerinden mahrum bıraktılar. Bizim yaşadığımız bu. Her şey yerli yerindeyken böyle bir şey yaşamak…

Biz o gün çıktık yanına. Getirdiler. Ben daha çok oğlumla konuşmasını istedim. Tabii çok kısa bir süre veriyorlar size zaten. 5 dakika gibi bir süre veriyorlar. Bir şeylere ihtiyacı olup olmadığını sordum. Biz gidebiliriz dedim. Biliyorum dedi. O da sevk edilmeyi bekliyordu. Bulunduğu ortamdan bahsetti. Dedim yani şunları şunları yaptim. Toparladığım kadarıyla işlerden bahsettim. Şöyle yapacağım böyle yapacağım diye. O esnada simsiki sarılıyorsunuz. Çocuğun sarılmasına izin veriyorlar zaten. Ben çocuğa sarıldım, o oğlumuza sarıldı. Onun dışında çok temasa izin vermiyorlar zaten. İşte öyle hatırlıyorum.

Bunca zaman sonrasında, 1 yıl sonra (agliyor) fotoğraf gönderdi. Biz ona sürekli gönderdik fotoğraflar fakat biz mektuplari da direk ona gönderemiyoruz. Eşimin ailesine gönderiyoruz. Onlar tekrar farklı bir zarfa koyup ona gönderiyorlar. İşte bir mektubun gitmesi gelmesi 2 ayı bulabiliyor. Başta bu telefonla konuşmalarda falan da, biz aylarca konuşamadık. Çünkü kayınpederim ve kayınvalidem yaşlı insanlar. Becermeleri, telefonu öğrenmeleri, telefonun sesini açmaları, bizim onun sesini duymamızı sağlamalari cok uzun zaman aldı. Yaklaşık zannediyorum 2 aydır düzenli bir şekilde sesini duyabiliyoruz. Onun dışında çok uzun süre bazen Hani bir ya da bir buçuk ay hiç konuşamadığımız oluyor.

Zaten konuşamıyorsunuz da bir iki dakika sesini duyabiliyorsunuz. Sesinden nasıl olduğunu anlamaya çalışıyorsunuz. Çünkü iyiyim dese de biliyorsunuz ki iyi olmasa da demeyecek. Sizin için de aynı durum söz konusu. Böyle bir şey var. Hani herkes İyiyim diyor ama bu öylesine havaya söylenen bir cümle. Yani herkes aslında biliyor ne olduğunu. Herkes bir biri üzülmesin diye söylenen bir şey yani.

Bir yıl sonrasında geçen mektubuyla fotoğraf yolladı. 1 yıl sonra görmek çok acı (agliyor). Bu süreçte büyüyen bir çocuğumuz var. Cok değişti. Şimdi büyüme evresinde olan bir çocuk. Çok hızlı öğreniyorlar. Her mektupta genelde ona resim gönderdik fakat resim istemedi. Hep kayınvalidemlerde kaldı fotoğraflar. En son işte 1 ay önce getirmelerini istemiş. Kayınpederim de göndermiş mektupla. Bakamıyorum fotoğraflara diyor. Hani baktıkça ağlıyorum diyor. Bakamamış. O da bakamıyormuş, bende bakamıyorum. Hani aldim biraz baktim ama tabi yani karşınızda değişmiş bir insan var artik yaslanmış. O da beni bu şekilde görecek muhtemelen.

Telefonu açıyorsunuz. Sizi telefonunu kayınpederimi arıyor. Onlar bizi arıyorlar. Nasılsın iyi misin diyoruz. Bir iki yaşadığınızı anlatıyorsunuz sonra telefon cat kapanıyor. Daha konuşmak istiyorsunuz fakat mümkün değil. Anılar birikiyor, her şeyi birikiyor fakat siz anlatamıyorsunuz. Konuştuğunuz şeyler hep belirli sınırlarda. Zaten canlı yayın gibi. Hani oradakiler duyuyor, ailenize mensup kişiler duyuyor. Mektuplar öyle… Bizim gönderdiğimiz okunuyor. Onun gönderdiği okunuyor. Hani sıkıntılarınızdan hiçbir şey bahsedemiyorsunuz aman üzülmesin diye.

Hani bazen böyle geliyor işte çok özledim. Artık ne zaman bitecek bu şeyler diyor. Bazen o bana moral veriyor. Anne diyor mesela şeyi hiç unutmuyorum. Ilk aylarda hani bu özlemi çok fazla dile getiriyordu. Bir şey demişti, o yaşta bir çocuktan beklemediğim bir cümleydi o benim. 5 yaşındaydı o zaman. Cok endişeliyim babamla ilgili dedi. Biz buradayız o orada çok endişelerim var dedi.

Sonra tabii bu süreçte hep konuşuyoruz bir şekilde onu da beslemeye çalışıyoruz kendimizi nasıl beslemeye çalışıyorsak. Geçmişte yaşanmış hadiselerden örnek veriyoruz. Bunlar onu çok etkiliyor. Çünkü sevdiği insanlar bu zamana kadar evde adları geçince sevildiklerinden bahsedilen insanlar. Iste sahabe efendilerimiz den bahsediyoruz. Peygamber Efendimizden bahsediyoruz. Veya bu zamana kadar tanıdığı insanlar. İşte çevresinde amca dedikleri, teyze dedikleri… Onlardan bahsediyoruz. Öyle olunca sonra bir gun şey dedi bana. Artık endişelerim yok dedi. Biliyorum dedi. Allah bizim yanımızda olduğu için dedi biz mutlaka kazanacağız dedi. Kotuler yani şimdi galip görünebilir ama eninde sonunda biz kazanacağız dedi. Hiç endişem yok babamla ilgili artık dedi.

En çok neye mi kızıyorum? En baskın olarak şöyle düşünüyorum. Soyle bakiyorum. Bizim insanimiz bu kadar mi yoksundu değerlerden diyorum. Bu kadar bencil olmalarına kiziyorum Türk insaninin. Bana dokunmadi veya aman onların atildigi isin yerine benim oglum girdi veya aman benden değil, bizden değil. Sucu bucu deyip insanlarin bu kadar bencil olmalarına şaşırıyorum. Düşene bir tekme de sen vur şeklinde muamele yapınca.

Tanıştığımız insanlar oluyor burada yaşayan insanlardan. Ara ara ziyaret ettiğimiz (Turk olmayan/Gayrimüslim) insanlar bize yemekten önce oturup dua ediyorlar. Hani bir an önce işte kurtulsunlar, bu süreç bitsin diye yardımcı olmaya çalışıyorlar. Ama bunun yanında bizim insanımızın, hani Anadolu insani dediğimiz insanın nasıl ölü toprağı serpilmiş gibi bu kadar kör sağır dilsiz olması… Bu beni gerçekten çıldırtıyor. Bu kadar bencil olması gerçekten çıldırtıyor. Yani ne olması gerekiyor. Daha ne olması gerekiyor?

Ama gönlümüzdeki en baskın düşünce ozlem. İnsanlar acisindan baktığımda da; hani nasıl bu kadar bencillik… o yani düşündüğüm. 

Ben teşekkür ederim inşallah faydalı olur.

Copyrighted to Undaunted Voices of Turkey