Interview #03

Story of a government employee who was jailed for 10 months for having a messaging app on her phone. She talks about her time in jail, how her two sons were affected from the events and how they decided to take the big risk of fleeing the country after she was released. At the time of the interview, she was in Greece with her two sons and she was waiting to unite with her husband in Germany.

Back to list of interviews

English Translation:

(1)

I understand that this call is being recorded and I give my consent. It was devastating for me when my husband was taken. I can start from there. Two weeks after July 15th, the day that everybody wished had never happened, my husband was detained. You all read about it (the coup attempt) from the news and it seemed unreal to you. It was the same for us. It was all unbelievable for us even though we were there when all these happened. Of course, there is more to it before that day: the December 17/25 operations (a corruption scandal in 2013). Back then we were thinking it was unbelievable when we saw it on the news. Just like an army operation, seven armed police came to our door. They do not ring the bell from downstairs entrance.  They directly come upstairs because of the possibility of running away. 

It was just like in the movies. They shout at you “open the door,” that’s how they treat you. I went to the door, looked from the door hole and saw a group of men outside.  I asked who they were. They shouted again “Open the door!” I said I need to cover myself first, then they became more aggressive and shouted more. I opened the door after getting ready. As soon as I opened it, they came into the house. I woke up my husband right away. I have two kids. Only one of them, the younger one, was with us. The older one was with their grandparents in another city for vacation. The police took us to the living room and made us sit, not next to each other, but face to face. They quickly made an explanation, called our neighbors and searched our house with their guns and body armor for 3-4 hours. They couldn’t find anything.

Then they said they were going to take my husband and he needed to get ready. And they said… I can’t forget it and I won’t forget it. “Say your goodbyes, you may not see each other anymore.” I turned and looked at them. I was going to ask if they were taking him for an execution. But I didn’t because I was afraid that if I said so they would do something to him. They took and cuffed him. My husbands’ hands were in the front. One police officer, I assume he was a higher-ranking officer, said his hands should be cuffed from his back. They went all the way downstairs and got the keys from their car. They spent the extra time just cuffing his hands from the back. it was happening in front of my very own eyes. Fortunately, our kids weren’t there. We called our nanny and sent him with her right away because I was planning to follow my husband by car as far as they let me. I followed them. I saw my husband, cuffed from the back, taken to the hospital. He was rubbing his hands when he was getting out of the vehicle at the hospital. He disappeared like that..

I am a government employee, actually I was. It wasn’t possible to take time off from work. Even medical leaves were forbidden. They had to send you back to work or you had to be hospitalized if you needed treatment. As far as I understand, if police were looking for you, you had to be in a place where they could find you. I couldn’t tell anyone what happened (to my husband) because there was a witch hunt. I’ve seen it. If I talked about it, I was afraid that they would detain me, and my kids would be left behind without care. I was thinking about what I could do for my husband. When you haven’t even been in a police station in your life, you don’t know what to do. But I was worried about his health, his life because they took him away in a very bad way and he was in custody. I started to search about prison environment.

I read that there was no food or a bed to rest, and that they only give them sandwiches. I couldn’t eat, I couldn’t sleep. I couldn’t talk to anybody. I cried every night and went to work the next day as if nothing happened. After work, I went to the police station where they took my husband. It was 40 km away. I went there every day. All I could do was cry in front of the counterterrorism police building.

While I was trying to hear from my husband, the police came to our office one day. It was a Monday evening. After work, I went to the counter-terrorism building again. I’ve learned that my husband had been sent to the court. I went to the court building and waited until 1:00 am. My sister and her family also came to wait with me there. They didn’t proceed and postponed the trial to the morning. I had to go to work. I felt that something was going to happen to me at work that day, but I had to go. Otherwise they would have said I ran away. Of course you don’t know what to do in these situations. However, I went to work. I sent my siblings to the court to my husband’s trial.

In the morning, the police came and detained me, too. While I was hoping my husband would be released after a few days, I was being detained right at work. We went to our house and they searched for it again. They needed someone in the house during the search, which they called an “attendant.” Police found our neighbor as someone outside of our household. During the search, my neighbor cried a lot asking “What do you want from that family? They have two kids. We know them very well, you can ask us.” She begged them not to take me because our kids would stay behind without us. There was nothing to do, they detained me.

I was detained before seeing my husband’s release. We were the first group of employees to be arrested in our offices. Police were treating us as if we were traitors. They were hesitant to give us food and even water, because they thought they needed to be careful while interacting with us. They were thinking that they would be good officers if they treated us badly. I saw it there when I was under arrest. If they were being nice, they were afraid that they could lose their jobs. I saw it in the jail and in custody.

We weren’t expecting any favors from anyone, just expecting to be treated fairly. When I was in custody, the worst thing was that they took our headscarves away. In a country where we believed we could live our faith, they left us without our scarves in a room with 24-hour surveillance. I guess they thought we could hang ourselves with it, as if we could not hang ourselves with any other clothes we had. We were 16-17 people sleeping in a small room. We stayed in a prison with 3 wards. We were 48 people in total. Like I said, we didn’t get enough food and there were mothers who were breastfeeding. They were allowed to see their babies when they were breastfeeding. The babies were falling asleep when they were being nursed, but they had to leave their moms when the police called them. It didn’t matter for police if the baby was full or not. 

Since my kids were older, I wasn’t allowed to take them with me during detention. I could not see my kids while I was there, only moms who were breastfeeding were able to see their kids. And those moms were taking the kids not directly form their husbands, but from the prison wards. Even my kids would have stranger anxiety. These babies were taken by prison staff from their dads, and cried until they were handed in to their moms at the cell. Likewise, they were leaving their moms crying until given back to their dads. And the mothers were crying. The babies were crying. Everybody was crying in the cell when the babies were leaving.

It was so hard for me because I didn’t know if my husband had been released. I begged the police to tell me if he was out because we had two children and my husband was under detention, too. I was begging them to tell me the result of my husband’s hearing. Because of this, detention was extremely hard for me. I didn’t know anything about how my family was doing. They took us to daily check ups with a doctor to see if there had been any violence or torture. On the 5th or 6th day of my detention, I saw a bag with my name on it. I thought maybe my family sent some clothes for me in that bag. I needed to change because we were 16 people in the same ward in the August heat. I asked if I could have it because it had my name on it. They said, “Take it, quick and show us what’s inside and go to your room.” 

I said “Okay”. There was a pack of wet wipes. I asked if I could take it with me. They said “Okay, take some but open it first.” When I opened it, I saw my husband’s handwriting on the cover saying “I’m okay and hopefully you will be okay, too.” I wouldn’t have believed it was true if I didn’t know it was his own handwriting. He wrote other things on the tag of my clothes as small as he could. Of course, I read them after I went to my ward. He wrote little notes to support and motivate me like “You’re going to be okay” etc. He expressed his affection and love.

When the guard saw it, she got angry, asked what I was reading and took them. I showed them what they were and tried to explain that my husband just wanted to let me know he was out of prison. I was on the floor and she was standing. She said things to humiliate me. She had an advantage because she was standing up while I was on the floor. I can’t describe that moment. I was extremely happy and I said “My husband wanted to let me know he is out and he is with our children. I’m so happy. I can even give you a hug.” She was standing and pushed me like she was pushing away something disgusting, and said, “Don’t even touch me, you all stink in there.”

I just looked at her and said, “I just wanted to tell you how happy I am. That’s it. I wasn’t really going to hug you.” Then, I went inside. Nothing mattered at that moment. She could even hit me or curse at me. My husband was released. I showed everyone in my ward my husband’s writing. I was crying from joy and everyone was crying from joy with me. We were all in the same situation. One’s pain could make all of us sad as well as one’s happiness could put a smile on all of our faces. We were all separated from our children, husbands, families, mothers and fathers. We spent 11 days in there like that. We couldn’t take a shower, we didn’t even brush our teeth. Somehow we were going to court. We were all happy hoping we would be released. We weren’t even fighting for a toothbrush because we were thinking we would be out soon.  

They told us to get ready at 8:00am. Then, we were taken to the court at 11:00am. We waited there until 6:00 pm. Our hearings had started, one by one. We waited until 3:00 am to hear the verdict. They took us to the courtroom. We were 35 people. Every one of us was accompanied by a police officer. The only thing the judge said was, “All of them are sentenced to imprisonment except these two (judge said their names). So you learn your lesson.” Period. He took off his gown and left.

Everybody had started crying. I said this must be a joke. They can’t do that to all of us. What did we do wrong? Everybody was devastated, even the men, our colleagues who worked together with us in the same office, were crying. Everybody was crying, screaming… Some were saying “I want my children…” But the judge didn’t come back. He just said “You learn your lesson”, and left. We were all scared. My biggest fear was that I didn’t know what else they were going to do to us. When they beat you or do not give you food, you can forget it in time. But there are things that you cannot forget as a woman. I was so afraid of that. Then, we went to the prison. I cannot forget that day. It was really humiliating, the body search and everything.

It’s really hard to enter the prison. Maybe you get used to it later, but the way they treat you there is really hard. It’s hard to go through that as a woman. I don’t forget (crying), we stayed in a temporary ward at first. Then they took us to our cells. There were 6 beds and we were 13 women. There was not enough space. We stayed there for 3 days. There was this thing we heard in the news, “We’re not going to give water to these people even if it’s a rainy day.” We lived that in prison. We were coming from detention ward and we had nothing. No certain clothes. There were many rules about clothing. No blue, green, navy clothes, no shoulder paddings, no print on any clothes etc.

You can’t even get your own clothes with you. You can’t even bring in the clothes that you wear during detention so that you could wash and wear them again. They told us to wait for our families to bring stuff for us. During detention, they didn’t give us anything for 11 days. I only remember that they gave us only a half cup of shampoo. We asked for water and they gave us a water bottle with a chewed gum under the cap. First I thought it had a strawberry flavor then I saw the gum. It was odd, someone used it before. Then we didn’t drink it because we didn’t know what they put inside water. We got our drinking water from a toilet that is disgusting to use.

In this temporary cell, we made a decision with a friend after 3 days. Since time passes so slowly there, If you keep feeling bad, you might even become a crazy person. At first, I thought they were going to keep us there and play tricks on us. It’s not a good place to be in. It is such an environment to destabilize your mental health. May Allah help the people there. If I had stayed there longer, I would have become really mentally unstable. 

They took us to the permanent wards after 3 days. It was empty and dirty. They closed the door and then they left. There is an emergency button on the wall. We had nothing. No spoons or forks. There were only walls, dirty chairs and a dirty table. They opened the door and shouted “take the mess tin.” It’s a big metal tin.  We didn’t know what it meant. We opened it and saw food there, but we didn’t have any spoons or plates. We, 13 women, looked at each other and at the food. We were hesitant to use the emergency button because it was not an emergency for us even if we were so hungry. Everyone has a different level of sensitivity and we were hesitant to bother the wardens. We knocked on the door, but nobody showed up after we called them out.

It seems that nobody could come until you pressed that button because we were charged with terrorism, that known crime. I sincerely apologize for using that word. but that’s what we were called there. When they asked “which ward, which crime?” for 10 months? The answer was always FETO (Gulenist Terror Organization: Gulen movement is a religious movement which was accused of organizing the coup attempt and declared a terrorist organization by the Turkish government.). So I’m just so used to using that word. And a guardian only comes when you use the emergency button because you are from the FETO ward. She would be scared to come here without a button notice, as there were cameras all over.

We learned everything then. They all said the same thing. However, we told them what we wanted and they gave us 10 spoons. There was a canteen day and we had to wait for that day to buy something. Even if we had 10 plastic spoons for 13 people, we took turns and ate our food. These are not big things, but they seemed big at that time since I was not expecting any of it at all. Hunger is pretty minor compared to what we went through after that.

We were always demanding things that we needed, but we always hit a wall. When you needed something, you always had to put up a good fight for it. Even for basic things that needed to be provided already. That’s how prison life is. The day they took us to the permanent ward, there was an announcement from a speaker on the wall. We were listening to it carefully. They announced everybody’s names, except mine and a friend’s. Then they said get ready for a non-contact visit.

After I didn’t hear our names, I started to cry along with my other friend. I said “They forgot us, nobody came for us.” They took all prisoners who had visitors. They took 10 prisoners out for visit, only three of us were left in the cell. They closed the door and they were gone. I cried a lot. I was scared because I thought my family had left me there, even though I knew it couldn’t be possible. However, when you are in there, you become vulnerable. Then they opened the door and said our names as well and took us out. The first visit was very hard.

It was the first time I had seen my husband in a month. He didn’t seem well. He had stayed handcuffed in custody for 10 days. He said they only took the cuffs off in the restroom, not even when he was praying or eating his food. He had lost a lot of weight. My mother-in-law, father-in-law, my sisters and my husband all came together. My mother was in another city. They came to town one week after I got arrested. I asked my mother-in-law if my husband was okay. Even though he said he was okay, I did not believe it. She said he was much better, it had been really bad when he was first released. But I thought he seemed still really bad, he had lost so much weight. He lost 6-8kg in 16 days.

They brought my younger son with them. I hadn’t seen the older one for 4 months. They didn’t tell him that I was in prison because he goes to school. He might have told it to his friends. You know, elementary school kids can be really cruel. July 15 is included in the curriculum and his mother is in jail. We didn’t tell him because we were scared that he might get hurt or bullied at school. My family only brought my younger son, but didn’t let him see me because I might get upset if he cried or kicked the glass. I could only see him from a distance. For a long time, I could only see my kids this way behind a glass.

I couldn’t see my older son, but I saw the younger one like that. Before the visit ends when they said our time was over, I said to every and each of them including my husband that “don’t forget me here, please come back next week.” I wasn’t aware of that back then. My husband told me about this afterward. He said I begged them to come back and cried. It made them sad. He said “How we could forget you, you’re not a kitten.”  

I had the same feelings when sisters came to visit us. I thanked them for coming to visit and not forgetting us here. Even your phone call now makes me feel supported. It is nice not to be forgotten. It is nice to know that we have sisters. 

I’ll talk about the first open visit, otherwise it’ll be too long if I talk about everything. I don’t remember the exact date (first open visit date), it was every two months. Maybe after 1 or 2 months after I got arrested, it was open visit time.

Both having or not having an open visit are painful. You start having cramps a week before because you’re going there and seeing your family, and then leaving them to come back to your cell. Then you need to wait for another two months. It is hard. It was the first time my younger son saw me. They didn’t bring my older son. Our hope was maybe I could be released so before he knew about any of this. There is a table and you can hug them over that table. You can’t go to the other side of the table but you can have your child sit on your lap. I hugged my little one and made him sit on the table but he kept looking at my face. Maybe he can’t believe it was me or maybe he forgot my face. He was 3 years old at the time. He didn’t talk much but he kept looking at me, saying mom and hugging me. But I felt like he had to check if it was actually me once in a while. He kissed all over my face. He hugged me. 45 minutes passed so quickly.

He didn’t see me for days, maybe for months. He couldn’t even believe he was hugging me. Our time was over. I hugged everyone. My husband, my mom, my father, my siblings (crying). I walked carrying my son through the door. I was going to leave him to my mom but he clung on me and didn’t want to leave. I was pushing his one hand, and he was trying to hold me with the other. I had to push him so hard. He was so strong and he cried a lot. They took us in. He was screaming “Bring my mom back.” You can’t do anything (crying). I wasn’t myself for a week. I can’t forget that day. There is nothing as painful as pushing away your own child who desperately wants to be with you. Even people who are not mothers could feel that. It was the children who suffered the most during this period.

My older son always asked about his father for a month. I always told him he went to another city to work there. He said, “He would have called me if he went to another city to work. Why isn’t he calling me? You’re hiding something from me. Something happened.” While I could not explain to him why his father wasn’t home, I also left him behind. Of course I didn’t want this to happen.  

I could only talk to my elder son on the phone. After I got arrested they moved out of our house. My husband didn’t have a job. I didn’t have a job. They moved our stuff to my mother-in-law’s house in another town. Since our address had changed, it took a while until my husband took care of paperwork and everything. That’s why after 1.5 months, I was able to hear my older son’s voice. My family didn’t bring him to the visits. But on the days I talked to him on the phone, either he didn’t go to school or they picked him up early. They told him that I was out of the country. So he kept saying on the phone, “why did you leave without saying anything? I couldn’t see you before you left. Do you need to earn money? We have money. Come back.” He always begged on the phone for me to come home.  We only had 10 minutes every two weeks. 

When you hear the minutes going off, it tears your heart out because the call will be over. I sometimes prayed for it to be over when talking to my older son because I couldn’t give an answer to his questions. He asked legitimate questions like “Why did you leave me? Why don’t you call me more? What is your job?” Once he suggested me to google to find out ways on how to call him more. I didn’t have any answers to these questions. When my voice started to tremble, my husband took over the phone to talk with me telling him “Please don’t upset your mother.” 

I missed my older son so much. I thought that I would forget his face. After 4 months, I told my husband to tell a lie or something and bring him over to the open visit. I wanted to see him a lot. He told him that I had come over for paperwork and would leave afterwards. He came to visit and held my hand and said “Mom, let’s go home,” “you’ll take the next flight, stay at home for tonight, your friends can leave now.” He begged me to stay at home that night. I said I can’t and he started to cry. He said “Are they keeping you here by force. Hold our hands when we leave so that we can take you out of here.” I said “No, I want to stay here. I love my job. They will fire me if you behave like that. I can’t come.” Maybe what I did was wrong or right, I don’t know. I can’t exactly remember what I said. I told him I had to work and he kept saying “you don’t need to earn money, my father will take care of us.” He begged me to come with him, but I couldn’t..

Then they left. The bell rings and everybody leaves. You go to your ward, they go to their homes. Everybody is sad. But there is this thing in prison. Everybody is sad there, they leave their family behind, but also all 24 of us tried to cheer each other up. If one of us dropped a tear, other 23 motivated and supported her.

We spent 10 months like that before we went to trial. They moved us to another prison in (city) S during the trial. It was harder there. We were staying there only during the trials. However, the trials took 9-10 days. You know there is this saying there is no place like home. It is funny. During the trials we thought there is no prison like your own prison. Because every time they sent you to a new place, they repeat the same process of body search and search of your items. They search you and everything all over again. It was a high security prison and we had a harder time there. The pressure of the trials, the things we went through during the trials, the psychology of being there… Everything was just harder.

I called my family when I was there. We had a right to a phone call, so we requested it. After I was released, my husband told me that he thought, after the phone call, I was going to harm myself in the prison. I sounded that bad. I don’t remember what I told him that day but he got worried. Thank God harming myself never crossed my mind. I mean it was really hard, maybe we were thinking about it, but we were strong. I don’t think anybody there would do such a thing. 

We always thought as long as they don’t open that door, they don’t interfere with us or they don’t torture us psychologically, we can survive here. You have to survive. They make you forget that you are a mother, a daughter, a wife, a friend to someone. I wasn’t any of those there. I used to feel as if I were a newborn and I was going to stay there forever. Maybe it’s a blessing but I always felt like I was going to stay there forever and it gave me some kind of comfort. It is strange but it made me feel safe. Sometimes you forget that there is a life out there or you once had a life outside of the prison. 

Sometimes, when we went out to the prison yard, we could smell the sea. We wanted to feel that smell. We didn’t see any green around except the food we had, but I guess they sometimes cut grass and we used to like smelling that.

I had a health issue there. I was handcuffed and transferred to a hospital many times with 2 soldiers without guns, 4 soldiers, a commander and a female guard. The good thing was you get to see outside when you go there even if it is from the tiny window of the vehicle. From that tiny window, even seeing people walking outside was something. I’m not trying to impress you or anything but even the wind I feel on my face when I’m walking outside now is precious. Sitting on a couch is a blessing after sitting on a plastic chair or on the floor for 10 months. Cooking food for your child, cleaning your own house, becoming mom… They are all blessings. I used to complain about these. I’m speaking for myself. Maybe other people are different. I wanted to vacuum the floors in my house. I started to cry when I said I missed the sound of our vacuum cleaner. My friends brought a hair dryer once, just because I could hear the sound and not cry. We used to watch on TV shows people missing their children and crying “my child” (crying). Now I understand those people. I understand what it means to feel that deep sorrow in your heart.      

During my time in prison, I can sincerely say that I understood what it means to have that deep sorrow due to longing for your kids. I know what that means very well.

Of course, I wasn’t the only person suffering. After every visit, we heard someone’s husband had been arrested too, or someone’s father had been taken into custody. We were praying for a friend’s family to get released, then we heard it didn’t happen.

(2)

I had a friend in the ward. After she was arrested, her very own brother reported her husband. Her husband was detained and arrested, too. They had 2 kids. The kids’ monthly routine was like this: One week they visited mom. One week they went to school. One week they visited their dad if someone took them. Like I said, her own brother denounced them. And the kids stayed with their uncle and grandma. If someone took them, they visited their dad. They went to school for one week. When we had non-contact visits every week, that friend would not leave her bed because her kids could not come to see her. We go to visit and come back.. You know you sometimes feel happy, sometimes saddened. You see your kids, and feel sad or happy. But she could not feel that, she was always in her bed. She could only see her kids maybe once a month.. 

Her husband was in another prison. She had no mail rights or telephone rights with her husband. In these cases, you don’t hear from your husband at all. There were others whose husbands were imprisoned in another city. The husband was in one city, the wife was in another city, both imprisoned.. 

All our rights were taken away because we were told that we were “guilty.”  They were taken away because of the state of emergency. Education rights were removed, but tuition payments were withdrawn from our account. We wrote a letter to have them reimbursed. Some of our friends were distance learners. Even though their tuition was paid, they were forbidden to take the finals/tests. As for health.. you are not valued and respected there.. I mean it. Even if you die, they don’t care in the least. Even if you had a heart attack when you pressed the help button, it would sometimes take 40 minutes for them to show up. 

I used to grit my teeth, probably because of stress. I think I now grit even more. Two of my teeth broke from right and left. Up-right and down-left my two grinder teeth broke, and I could not eat food. They hurt my palate. As soon as I bit, it hurt me a great deal. Believe me, I wrote a letter for dentist referral every day for 1.5 months. After 1.5 months, I was sent to the prison’s dentist and the doctor said “Every where in your palate is inflamed, I cannot do anything, I need to refer you to a hospital.” I used antibiotics, but they ran out. I started writing letters again for referral to a hospital. I cried for 2 months when I was eating food. I used cotton to cover my teeth as a last resort and tried to eat soft food. When I was finally taken to the hospital, they only fixed one of them. So, I struggled a lot just to have it taken care of, just to be able to eat. I wasn’t expecting much from them anyway. 

I told this to my husband.  We are extremely tired of battling just to have basic rights. We don’t try anymore. Even if we are denied basic rights, we feel too tired to even write a request letter. When I told my husband, he said with sorrow: the Prophet’s friends had hard times in their lives; some were sawed in front of their family, and their family could do nothing. There were some who suffered from a variety of tortures. I don’t mean that I went through the same thing, he probably said this to keep me strong. He said “It is 2017 and you have to eat by putting cotton in your mouth. You have a similar experience, and we are honored to be your family. I see them persecuting you behind glass barriers, and cannot do anything as your husband. I am so sorry for not being able to do anything..” 

I told this to my husband because my family’s point of view was a bit different. I just wanted them to know what I was going through, I didn’t mean to upset them. They understood the situation better because they saw with their own eyes what their own daughter and many innocent people experienced. They used to defend the other side and say everything would be fine, even when my husband was taken to jail. After December 17/25th, I said my dad would finally understand the truth and that we were innocent, if his own daughter was put in jail. And that’s what happened. 

Thank God, it all passed. Of course it was hard to come here. You are risking your kids. I was released because I had 2 kids. I could not make my voice heard for 10 months. At the trial, I gave examples of the ones who were discharged because they have kids. Then I was released with a travel ban. At the first hearing after the release, another arrest warrant was requested by the prosecutor, but the judge decided to release me on conditions of trial without arrest. But it was risky, the same thing could happen again, and I was afraid to be jailed again because I was accused of using Bylock. They don’t look in detail.  If someone accuses you of using Bylock and you are arrested, it is extremely hard to be discharged. I know this by heart. 

No one hears or sees whatever you write or say, there is no due process. You are either banned or limited to meet your lawyer. I spent 9 months like that and was released on the 10th. I was released, but so many of my friends are still there. They sentenced me for 6 years, 3 months, down from 7 years, 6 months. I was here on the day they gave the verdict. 

There are people who are released. When you are charged, you need to be released until the appeals court process is finalized. This is the law under normal circumstances. But there are a lot of sisters and brothers who were sentenced to 9 or 12 years for attending religious gatherings, who were denounced for reading Quran or for teaching religious values, and they are not released. They are in but I am out, free. It is hard to come and stay here as well but nonetheless we are thankful. We are free. We didn’t feel the same in our own country. We can express our thoughts and feelings to loved ones when they were being accused, but we had to be silent in our country. We are happy to be here.

My mother was diagnosed with cancer when I was in jail. I couldn’t see her for 4 months. My parents moved to where we live to take care of my kids and to support my husband. My mother had very difficult times. I couldn’t see her for 4 months because she was always at the hospital. She had 3 surgeries; first was when I was in jail, the second one was when I was released, third one was when I was here. She made my husband call the prison every single day for 270-300 days to hear if I was released. Every single day.. You have hope in early days.. When I was arrested, we were 13 people from the same office. 11 of them were released after 2 months. There were others that came to the cell afterwards but we were the remaining 2 from the same institute.

Since my mother was really upset for my kids’ situation, my father promised me at their first visit to not leave my kids and take care of them until I am released. Then he left in tears at the end of the next visit because my mother got really sick. He said “ I promised to take care of the kids with your mom, but now we cannot help your husband. We are a burden to him instead, because your mother needs to be taken care of..

My parents saw that if I stayed, I might serve 7-8 years of jail time. I talked to my husband about staying rather than fleeing abroad. The decision involves a big responsibility. He was also accused, but in my situation, there was more at stake. He was protected by God. I think it is because his friends didn’t give his name or his other acquaintances. 

“I don’t want you to stay in jail even for a day unjustly. You are at the decision phase of the trial and they will most likely arrest you again. Your mother and kids cannot take this anymore. I want to unite as a family. I don’t want you to be taken again for no reason,” said my husband. We also didn’t know what would happen to him at his trial. He could also be sentenced. His case is still going on. 

It is not an easy decision, you are risking your kids. If you get a chance to ask the little kids who get lost in Meric river if they want to go with their dads or moms still, they would say yes because they don’t know what they are going through. If they knew, they would not accept it, they couldn’t.. They all left in fear. They are told to be quiet. We said the same things and we couldn’t tell anyone. We only told our mothers and fathers that we were leaving. In the case of getting caught, my husband and I were going to be taken to jail. We were both banned from leaving the country with a case that’s still going on. 

The possibility of leaving your kids behind without parents or the possibility of something bad happening to you or your kids, we are not so important, but kids… we put it all at risk. We went to Edirne since we wanted to come from Meric. While we were waiting for people to take us. We told my son everything, which was that it would be a tough travel, that I didn’t work abroad, I was in jail, and if we don’t leave now.. We tried to explain in a way they could understand. 

I was talking to my son to make him feel comfortable: “They now understand us wrongly in this country. We never did anything wrong to this country but we are misunderstood. We could stay in jail for many years. We must go but everything will be fine. They will understand that people like us are good people. And we might be able to go back one day.” You go to Edirne and you are on streets until midnight. Kids get cold, they want to use the bathroom, want to go home and sleep. He cries because he wants to go home. He says “Let’s go now mom, please..” You must comfort him. Before we left for good, we explained what was going on like this. I told my younger son to be quiet, we would play a game, or else policemen would take me back to where I was – he was with me the first 2 weeks in jail, and he used to call jail “my mom’s home”- and we would have to live in different houses again. Because he used to try to convince me to go back to my “old house” during his 2-weeks stay.

We made two attempts to come here. We succeeded on the second try. In the first one, I carried my younger son. My husband carried the bag and helped the person who carried the boat with him. My older son walked. When we came near the river, the pump they used to float the boat broke. We were waiting with another family, hiding. My younger son is normally grumpy. He changed a lot during my absence. He used to cry and yell when something he wanted didn’t happen or scream when he was scared. We waited with the other family for an hour. I kept asking him if he was ok, looking through his eyes.. He didn’t even say “I’m ok” and I thought something had happened to him because of fear. It was dark at night, we were hiding, etc. I thought he was tongue-tied. I tried so hard to make him talk but he didn’t say a word. He just thumbed up at me. 

He was around 3-3.5 years old, he is now 4. At our first attempt, there was another family too. 5 kids, 4 adults, and a guide got on the boat. There was a heavy flow and it was deep. We kept turning around but could not move forward. The shovel broke in the middle of the river. The person who was taking us could not move with only one shovel. We kept crashing against tree branches and stones. The boat might have burst. Whoever was close to what we were about to hit was trying to prevent the boat from touching anything but it was impossible. The watercourse was harsh. If the boat exploded, I was planning to try to swim not knowing if I would survive. I had to save my son.. With these thoughts in pitch black in the middle of a river, the person who took us pulled us back using a rope and told us to get off. We couldn’t make it..

There were 5 kids, one of whom was a baby, and 4 adults. We had to come back. Where we landed was a flat land. We would get caught at the first light that’s held on us. We would directly be taken, we were crowded. As we were walking, we hit the dirt whenever we saw a light even if it was dim. We were hiding in corn fields with those 5 kids. They took us to a house around 3 am and told us to stay there. Our husbands entered through the window, we used the door because they said there were cameras, etc. We went back by taking a risk after 3 days. God gives you that courage. You must take the same risks again with your kids. You either stay and live through the same or make your kids live through the same, make your family live through the same or you must go, you have to.. That’s how you feel. That’s how I felt and we left again. 

[…]

At our second attempt, we easily passed to the other side. We walked about 9 – 12 kms but we came and thankfully we are here. 

My husband was dismissed before the coup attempt. I was dismissed when I was in jail. My husband is an engineer, his father has a bakery shop. He made some money by helping his father. As I said, when I was detained, we had to move to our in-laws’ apartment. After months they allowed us to keep a family photo, one which was taken at our house about 6 months before I was detained, with my husband, my kids, my parents, etc. They brought that. In my dreams, I always went back to that house. We were so happy there. We had a house, jobs, our kids used to go to school. We had an ordinary family life. 

All of a sudden, one day, everything changed. When you were working for that country, you suddenly became “terrorists,” as they say. I had never seen a gun in my life, let alone used a gun. I had never seen a gun until the day the police came to take us. But I am accused of being a member of an armed terrorist organization. I still cannot comprehend how I am being accused of this. When I think about what I went through, especially heavy gendarme guards around you while you are being taken to the courtroom, it is like Robocop movie. The corridor is filled with gendarmes. The days you passed through with handcuffs.. It is like a dream. I still cannot believe it. The journey I started one night.. The 10 months that were spent in jail.. It is hard to believe.

We were also detained here while trying to flee from the island of Crete. I want to tell this. I told you the scene about the reaction policeman gave, when I was reading the note my husband wrote for me.. I sincerely wanted to hug and she humiliated me as if I was a disgusting thing. She was standing and I was on the floor. You enter this country in illegal ways with a fake document and with a fake visa on your original passport. You are doing something illegal. You have to. And you are detained. They have a legitimate reason. But they still understand your situation, they treat you very nicely. They were so kind.. 

We stayed there for 5 days. My husband was separated from us. I was with my kids and other women. It was too cold, so dirty. There was an Iranian, an African, a Tibetan, and me. One of the female police officers brought my husband one night. They used to bring him from time to time, especially when kids cried. 

The female police said “Only 15 mins” and left. Half an hour passed, an hour passed, 2 hours passed, but they still didn’t take him. We knocked on the door thinking they might have forgotten about my husband and warned the police officer. She took him back and came after 10 minutes. She entered to dirty, stinky, and cold room. She didn’t have to. She came to me and said, “What are you doing here with your kids?” I started explaining. When she saw that I was upset, she grabbed my hands. I told and cried, then she cried with me. 

I apologized to her for entering her country illegally. But this was a survival instinct for living together as a family. That’s the only thing we wanted. We are not bad people. I chose this path to become my kids’ mother. “Please” she said. “I cannot take this anymore, I am a mother, too. Don’t make me cry. I wish I could open the door and let you get on the airplane to Germany. But I am a clerk just like you were once.. I have no power.” she said.

She left and came back with a box of food like  cookies and cakes. Probably she brought them to eat during her shift. She said “They gave us this during the ceremony, they are homemade.” “These are sweets, these are salty.” she continued. “I would be really happy if you accept these.” I said “You’ll probably eat them this night, you work all night, I cannot take them.” She told me to take them for the kids and insisted. I took them by thanking her and got so happy. (27.33) She said she would take the kids out if there was a park nearby but there is no place like that. I told her that I would never want her to be in trouble because of us. She left in tears, and I cried for her kindness. I cried when I told what I went through and also cried at her understanding, kindness, and treatment to us.

After half an hour or an hour, she brought my husband back and said “Family is important to me. You will have dinner together. I will take him after dinner.” I said to her that I don’t want anything to happen to her. In our country, they were afraid of treating us the way they were supposed to. We didn’t expect special treatment from them, just what they should do was enough. Don’t yell like we are some other creatures, treat us like humans. We were kind people who would still thank guards even when we were handcuffed or being locked inside. That’s how we are. Even one of the guardians said “I handcuff you, lock you inside but you still thank me.”  

Because she was doing her job. We learned this. I don’t say it for myself but we had such, such nice friends. So kind, by preserving their values they were in jail longer than I was, many years passed. The difference between the treatment in your own country, from your own people and from a human, a police officer and someone who doesn’t know you, whose country you came to illegally, who has a different nationality.. We communicated in English. Maybe you don’t even explain it well, at least for myself.. 

I will never forget how she listened to me by holding my hand and how kind she treated me. We dream with my friends here; we hope we will have a stable life, our kids will go to school here, and our husbands will go to work, we will have a house. (Because our husbands are either not here or don’t have a job.) For the last 2 years, not that I complain about it, but we don’t have a stable life. When we do, I would like to come back and visit Greece.

I want to contribute to this country’s economy at least as a tourist to pay my duty of loyalty. We have friends who help us. My former landlord’s name is Anna. She took me to a psychologist. When I needed a lawyer, she arranged one and took me and my kids to her house and gave toys to my kids. She is this kind of person and I will never forget her. I want to call her even if I cannot come here to pay back.

There is also Lina, she teaches German. She also knows us and tries to help us. 

Like I said, we are happy to be here. Yes, it is hard but we are thankful to be here. May Allah help our friends, sisters who stay behind. 

Crete is a Greek island. We tried to go to Germany from the airport in Crete. We didn’t get caught after we passed the Evros River. We came to Athens. I sadly say that we had to work with human traffickers, we got fake visas and attempted to go to Germany with my little son but got caught. They got the fake document and gave us our passports. We returned home. 

Our terminology has changed, the ones who do fake document, who buy plane tickets, attempts, passes, staying back, getting caught, etc. Even our kids asked me one day after I got caught at the airport “Mom, did you get caught again? You failed again?” [..]. 

We attempted it again, and the person who helped us said “This is not an attempt, you will pass,” and sent 2 families there. The other family was caught and was put in custodial prison. Since they had the documents, they were released afterward and were taken back to Athens. We stayed on Crete Island, at XX Police Station for 4 nights, 5 days. 

So we got caught there and had our fingerprints taken in Greece. We had never been caught before. It had been about 2 months since we came to Greece. 

The first thing they [my son] asked was this: “Why did they put you in jail? What did you do?” He thought that we did something really bad. We told my son that they misunderstood us, that we would explain in detail, but we didn’t do anything bad. For him, robbery, murder, hurting someone, or committing something illegal is a reason to be in jail. He asked “Mom, did you do this?” I said “No honey, we only became friends with people who are not liked by the ruler of this country. We read Quran together. We got together and did good things but nothing wrong or illegal.” 

Of course we explained it at his level. Before traveling, whenever we got a chance, we tried to explain. He continued to ask questions after we came here. We explained here in more detail. We were sitting together last night. We have a small table. All 3 of us lined up, sitting. They were drawing and I was studying German. They drew, and they were trying to name the first one, I guess, I didn’t see it. They said let’s name it Ali, Veli, Ahmet, etc. My younger son said “Let’s name it Vehbi.” My older reacted saying “No, we like Vehbi, he is our friend. Let’s name it someone we don’t like, for example Recep.” And they named it Recep. 

Then I realized what they were trying to do and recorded it without them noticing. They continued talking. “Who is Recep? What did you do? Where did you put Recep?” They drew a park, (They watch a lot of cartoons so they have a big imaginary world.) They explained “We do this here, this park has this feature. There is an automatic teeter-totter.” It has everything they imagined. And there is a jail next to it and Recep is locked inside. I asked who Recep is. They said the one who put us in jail in Turkey. Now he is banned to go to the park. That was a big punishment for the kids. I hang the picture on our wall now. So Recep is punished, he cannot go to the park.

Because he put their mother in jail. They cannot go to their beloved home now, play with their favorite toys. They talk to their grandparents on the phone. They always ask, “When are we going to see, visit them? Will they put us back in jail if we do? ” They sacrificed their wish to visit Turkey to stay with their mom. This is very touching for me. We tell them we will have a new home and meet with your dad. 

He said “I really want to go back, but if they will put you in jail again, let’s not go.” They think of me, my 4 and 5 year-old boys. It is so difficult but I started this journey to unite with them. There was nothing left. That’s how they are and how they feel now. 

[…]

There are 1300 people who have been lost and could not have been identified in the Evros River. 1300… God willing, I call them martyrs. People come in these fears but they still come. Can you imagine their feelings. They might have lived through much worse things, tortures. These are real. I want to share this, too.  

When my husband was detained, one of his friends that gave his name (I heard this myself when I went to his trial) told about the torture in custody. He was questioned at 12 am. They hit even his leg that had platinum until the morning. They especially hit his legs, he said “One has platin, don’t hit it.” His wife was in the courtroom listening to his words in tears. When he heard the morning prayer, they put something on his head and he was beaten up. (If people are having a hard time believing it, this is an example.) They pulled down his pants and underwear, and tapped him with an object which I think was a nightstick and pushed it harder and threatened with giving electric shock. While they were doing it, they also threatened him doing the same thing to his wife and his 3.5 years old daughter. 

As a result of the torture, he is left with no choice to sign the paper that had his friends’ names. He told this at High Criminal Court. He also told it at the previous court. “I was tortured and forced to sign that paper/affidavit.” This is the level of the torture. 

Maybe people decide to come here because they don’t want to go through the same things. It is so hard. They have gone through much harder things than I have. A person would prefer this challenging journey to being in a situation where they threaten you with torturing your wife and daughter.. 

(3)

Thankfully, we are all good, nonetheless. We are happy to be with our kids, to be healthy. I always think for decades, people used to go to Germany to work and bring their families after many years. Now I say, my husband went to Germany to work, I am in Greece for vacation. We are going to meet with him soon, God willing. This is a nice separation. I can talk to him, hear him, see him on camera. I am with my kids. What else would I want? We will soon be with him and he will be with his kids. 

Turkish Transcription:

Back to list of interviews

(1)

Ben sesimi kaydedilmesine, anlattıklarımın kaydedilmesine izin veriyorum, kabul ediyorum.

Eşimin gidişi beni çok yaralayan bir şeydi. Eşimin de alınmasından başlayarak başlayabilirim isterseniz. Malum gün iste 15 Temmuz.. Herkesin olmamasını istediği.. 15 Temmuz sonrası benim eşim bir 15 gün sonra alındı. Evet siz haberlerde okuyorsunuz bazen gerçekçi gelmiyor (bizlere de orada olmamıza rağmen daha çok yeniydi tabii ki bu olaylar, gerçekçi gelmiyordu) ama bir öncesi vardı: 17/25 Aralık süreci. İşte aynen haberlerde duyduğumuz ve bu kadar da olur mu dediğimiz gibi. Sabah Şafak Operasyonu gibi 7 tane el silahlı, çelik yelekli polis kapımıza dayandı. Polisler alt kattan zilinize basmazlar, direkt üst kata gelirler kaçma ihtimaline binaen. 

Hani gerçekten filmlerde gördüğünüz gibi. “Kapıyı açın!” diye bağırarak muamele ediyorlar. Ben kapıya gittiğimde, delikten baktığımda o kalabalık erkek grubuna görünce “Kimsiniz?” dedim. Polis hemen “Açın kapıyı!” diye bağırdı. “Üstüme bir şey almam gerekiyor, geliyorum”, dedim. Daha çok bağırmaya başladılar. Müsait hale girip kapıyı açtım. Bir anda eve girdiler. Eşimi uyandırdım hemen. İki çocuğum var ama küçük olan evdeydi. Büyük olan tatil için anneannesinin, dedesinin yanında farklı bir şehirde idi. Bizi direkt esimle salonda yan yana degil, karsi karsiya oturttular. Hemen aciklama yapip, komşumuzu cagirip evde arama yapmaya başladılar. Ama çelik yelekleri ve silahları ile geldiler. Gerçekten bir terör baskını gibiydi. 3 – 4 saate yakın arama yaptılar evimizde. Hiçbir şey bulamadılar.

En son eşimin hazırlanması gerektiğini, götüreceklerini söylediler. Ve şey dediler. Onu hiç unutmuyorum, unutmayacağım da. “Vedalaşın, artık görüşemezsiniz.”, dediler. Döndüm ve baktım. “Idama mi götürüyorsunuz?” diyecektim. Eşime bir şeyler yaparlar korkusuyla diyemedim. Sonra eşimi kapıya götürdüler, kelepçelediler. Memurlar herhalde farketmeden önden kelepçeledi. Arkadan biraz daha üst olduğunu düşündüğüm memur hemen müdahale etti. “Hayır, arkadan kelepçeleyeceksiniz.” diye. Zahmet ettiler, indiler kelepçenin anahtarıni arabadan getirdiler. Biraz vakit harcadilar sirf onden taktiklari kelepçeyi arkadan takmak için. Oyle gözümün önünde Allah’tan çocuk yoktu o esnada. Bakıcısını çağırmıştık ve ona gondermistik. Çünkü ben de eşimle gidebildiğim noktaya kadar arabayla peşinden gitmeyi düşünüyordum. O şekilde gittim. Eşimin arkadan kelepçeli hastaneye kadar gidişini gördüm. Hastanede arabadan indirdiklerinde bileklerini oguşturuyordu eşim. Bu şekilde gitti..

16 gün boyunca ben her gün -ben memurum, memurdum daha doğrusu- o dönemde memur izinleri iptal edilmişti. İzin almaniz mümkün değildi. Hastanelerin rapor bile vermesi yasaktı. Ayakta tedavi edip, hemen çıkarıp ya da yatırarak (tedavi ediliyordu) yani sizin nerede olduğunuzun bilinmesi gerekiyordu benim anladığım kadarıyla. Ya hastanedesiniz ya iş yerinde. Hiç kimseden izin alamadım, kimseye söyleyemedim. Çünkü bir cadı avı başlamıştı. Görmüştüm. Eşimin alındığını söylediğim gün kendimin de alınmasından, çocukların ortada kalmasından korkuyordum. İşte hep esim için ne yapabilirim diye koşturuyordum. Hani hiç siz karakola bile gitmemişsiniz, bilmiyorsunuz. Ama eşiniz gözaltında ve çok kötü götürülmüş. Sağlığından, hayatından endişe ediyorsunuz. Nezaret ortamını araştırmaya başladım. 

“Yemek yok, yatacak yer yok.” diye okuyorsunuz. Sandviç verirler, vesaire. Yemek yiyemiyorsunuz, yatıp uyuyamıyorsunuz. Kimseye bir şey diyemiyorsunuz. Aksam agliyorsunuz, sabah işe gidiyorsunuz. İşten çıkıyorum yaklasik 40 kilometre uzaklıkta başka şehre götürüldü eşim, o şehir içinde yargılanıyordu, o adliyede ve o polis merkezi’nde kalıyordu. Her gün akşam iş çıkışı oraya gittim. Tek yapabildiğim ağlamakti. Terörle mücadele şubesinin önünde. 

Eşimden böyle bir haber almaya çalışırken, işte bir gün de bizim çalıştığımız ofise geldiler polisler. Pazartesi akşamıydı. İş çıkışı yine terörle mücadelenin önüne gitmiştim. Eşimin mahkemeye sevk edildiğini öğrendim. Adliyeye gittim. Gece 1e kadar bekledik, ablamlar falan geldi ama mahkeme gorulemedi, sabaha bırakıldı. Sabah işe gitmek zorundaydım. Bir şeyler yaşayacağımı az çok tahmin ediyordum ve gitmek zorundaydım. Çünkü kaçti diyeceklerdi. O esnada tabii ne yapacağımızı da bilemiyoruz. İşe gittim sabah. Ablam ve kardeşimi adliyeye gönderdim eşim için.

Sabah polisler geldi beni de aldılar. Ben “İki-üç günde biter inşallah; esim serbest kalır.” diye dua ederek böyle diye diye en son işyerinden aldılar. Yeniden eve götürdüler evimiz arandi tekrar benim için. O esnada birinin olması gerekiyor, “hazirun” deniyor o kişiye de. Polis sizin dışınızda apartmandan bir komşunuzu çağırıyor. Komşum çok ağladı “Bu kızdan, bu aileden ne istiyorsunuz? İki tane çocukları var. Bu insanlari bize sorun, soruşturun.” Götürmeden önce çok yalvardı beni götürmemeleri için çocukları ortada kalacak diye ağlayarak polislere. Ama tabi yapacak bir şey yoktu, götürdüler. 

Ben eşimin serbest kaldığını görmeden gözaltına alındım. Biz de çalıştığımız kurumdan gözaltına alınan ilk gruptuk. Ve ciddi manada o ilk olanlara, bizden öncekilere de aynı şekilde ciddi bir vatan haini muamelesi yapıldı. Yemek, hatta su verme noktasında bile çok hassaslardi diyeceğim. Çünkü onlar için bize karşı hassas davranmaları gerekiyor. Bize ne kadar eziyet ederlerse onlar o kadar iyi memur olduklarını düşünüyorlardı. Bunu gördüm gözaltına alındıktan sonra. Ya da bize herhangi bir iyilik yaparlarsa ekmeklerinden olacaklarını düşünüyorlar. Hem cezaevinde hem gözaltında bunu gördüm.

Biz artık kimseden iyilik beklemiyorduk. Sadece olması gerekeni bekliyorduk. Gözaltı süresince de en çok canımı acıtan başörtülerimizin alınması oldu. İnanç özgürlüğü olduğunu düşündüğümüz ülkemizde 24 saat kameralarla izlenen küçücük bir odada kendimizi asarız diye, diğer kıyafetlerimizle asamayız herhalde, ama başörtülerimizle asabiliriz diye düşündükleri için başörtülerimizi aldılar. Küçücük bir odada biz 16-17 kişi yattık. 3 koguslu bir nezarette kaldik. Toplamda 48 kişiydik. Dediğim gibi yani yari aç yarı tok, emziren anneler vardı. Bebekleri geliyordu. Hani bebeğini doyururken uyuyor. Anne de hasret gidermeye çalışıyor ama oradan hemen sesleniyorlar “yeter artık” diye. Bebeğin doyup doymadığı değil, polisin yeter deyip demedigi onemli.  

Benim çocuklarım büyük olduğu için zaten yanıma almam, onları görmem gibi bir şey söz konusu değildi. Ben hiç görmedim bu sürede. Sadece süt veren anneler görebildi. Onlar da babalarından teslim alamıyordu. Yani benim oğlum da birçok çocuk gibi yabancıya gitmez. Ama o çocuklar ağlaya ağlaya babadan alınıyor. Anneye hemen saldırıyor, atlıyor. Çünkü bir yabancıda ağlıyor annesinin, süt veren bir annenin kucaginda uyuyor. Ve yeniden ayrılıyor yine ağlayarak bir yabancıyla baba’ya gitmek üzere..  Ve anne ağlıyor. Çocuk ağlıyor. Butun koğuş ağlıyor o cocuk anneden giderken..

Zordu, benim için de şu çok zordu: Eşimin tutuklanmasını bekliyordum ama serbest kalmış. Bunu öğrenmek için çok yalvardım polislere. İki çocuğum var, eşim de gözaltındaydi. Beni de aldınız. Onun da davasi görülecekti. “Ne oldu, ne olur söyleyin”. Benim için gözaltı en çok bu yüzden zordu. 5. ya da 4. günü hatırlamıyorum, her gün bizi darp, cebir var mı diye doktora götürüp, koğuşa getiriyorlar. O sırada adımın yazılı olduğu bir poşet gördüm. Ustümu değişmem gerekiyordu. Ağustos sıcağı 16 kişi bir odada yatıyorsunuz ve ciddi manada terliyorsunuz. Artık 5 gün, 6 gün olmuş hatırlamıyorum hangi gün olduğunu. Poşetin üzerinde adımın yazdığını görünce “Ailem bana kıyafet getirmis herhalde. Adım yazıyor, alabilir miyim koğuşa geçmeden?” dedim. “Tamam, dedi çabuk al.”, dedi. “Aldıklarını bana göster, yerine geç.”, dedi. 

“Tamam” dedim.  Islak mendil çıktı bir paket. “Alabilir miyim bunu?” dedim. “Nezarethaneye birkaç tane al.” dedi.  Bir aç dedi açtığımda ıslak mendili içindeki ilk koruyucu kağıdın üzerinde eşimin yazısını gördüm. “Ben iyiyim, sen de iyi olacaksın inşallah.” yazmıştı. Kendi el yazısı olmasa ben onun serbest kaldığına inanmazdım. Kıyafetlerimin bu icindeki hem ense tarafındaki etiketlerine olabildiğince küçük şeyler yazmıştı. Onları tek tek aldım. Tabii diğerlerini içeri geçtikten sonra kontrol ettim ne var diye. Küçük küçük notlar yazmıştı içeride beni ayakta tutacak. Hani iyi olacaksın vesaire.. Sevgisini dile getirmişti..

Polis onları görünce kızdı; “ne okuyorsun” diye elimden çekti. Ben de sadece gösterdim. “Benim eşim not yazmış. Serbest kaldığıni bana iletmek istemiş.” dedim. Ben yerdeyim, o ayakta. Beni çok çok daha böyle ezmek manasında şeyler söyledi ve ayakta olması da onun için bir avantaj idi. O ani anlatamam. Ben sevinçten uçuyorum eşim serbest, çocuklarımın başında ve şey dedim o esnada; “Sadece serbest kaldığını iletmek istemiş, çok mutluyum inanin size sarılabilirim.” dedim bayan polise. O da ayakta, elleriyle böyle iğrenç bir şeyi itercesine “sakın bulaşma içerde kokuştunuz” dedi.

Ben de böyle baktım sadece. “Sadece ne kadar mutlu olduğumu ifade etmek için, sarılmayacaktim zaten.” dedim ve içeri geçtim. Yani hiçbir şey önemli değildi orada. Bana vursa da önemli değildi, küfür etse de onemli degildi. Çünkü eşim serbest kalmıştı. Ben geçtim iste eşimin yazdığı notlari kıyafetlerden gösteriyorum, ağlıyorum sevinçten. Yine içerideki herkes ağlıyor. Yani şöyle bir şey var. Birinin sevinci, birinin üzüntüsü herkesi ağlatabiliyor, duygulandirabiliyor. Orada herkes ayni durumda cunku. Herkes ayri, çocuğundan, eşinden ayrı, ailesinden ayrı, annesinden, babasından. Biz böyle böyle 11 gün geçirdik orada ve 11. gun artık işte arkadaşlar, banyo yapacak olanlar var, işte diş fırçalayacak, diş fırçasını vermiyor polisler. Ama nasılsa artık adliyeye sevk ediliyoruz, “eve gideceğiz, serbest bırakılacağız inşallah” diye çok umutluyuz. Kimse ne diş fırçasını almak için mücadele ediyor polisle, nasilsa eve gidecegim diye.

Bize sabah sekizde söyledi hazırlanın diye. 11:00 de aldılar adliyeye götürdüler. Akşam altıya kadar bekledik. 6:00 da başladı duruşmamız. Tek tek aldılar. Gece 3:00 e kadar kararın çıkmasını bekledik. Hani bayağı uzun bir süre yerlerde, oradaki koltuklarda, etrafımızdaki polislerle (bekledik); gece 3:00 te bizi duruşma salonuna aldılar. 35 kişiyiz, küçük bir duruşma salonu. Herkes ayakta. Herkesin kolunda bir polis, çevik kuvvet. Hakim kürsüde şunu dedi ve gitti: “İki bayan hariç dedi -adlarini soyledi- geri kalan hepsini tutukluyorum. Aklınız başınıza gelsin.” dedi. Nokta. Cübbeyi çıkardı ve gitti. 

Herkes ağlamaya başladı. Ben dedim ki durun şaka yapıyor, geri gelecek. Yani tutuklamaz, hepimizi tutuklamaz… Yani “Ne yaptık ki?” diyorum. Herkes bayılıyor. Erkek arkadaşlarımız bile, aynı kurumda çalıştığımız meslektaşlarımız bile, baktım herkes çöktü. Herkes ağlıyor. Çığlıklar… İşte çocuğumu istiyorum diyenler… Ama hakim geri dönmedi. Yani aklınız başınıza gelsin diyerek tutukladı ve gitti. 

Hepimiz korkuyoruz ama benim en büyük korkum artık bu süreçte bize daha fazla ne yaparlar? Korku bir bayan olarak dayak yersiniz unutursunuz, aç kalırsınız unutursunuz, karnınız doyunca unutursunuz. Ama yapılan başka şeyleri unutmayabilirsiniz. Ben çok korkuyordum bundan. Ceza evine gittik. İşte o günü asla unutamam. Zaten emniyette de yapıldı. Yapılan üst araması çok onur gurur kırıcı.

Cezaevine giriş çok zor. Sonradan belki alisiyorsunuz ama yapılan işlemler çok ağır. Bir bayan olarak çok ağır. Asla unutmam. (agliyor) Cezaevine alındıktan sonra geçici koğuşta kaldık yarım gün kadar. Geçici koğuşta 6 yatak vardı. Biz 13 kişiydik. Sonra bizi hücrelere aldılar. Normalde hücrede tek kalırsınız. Üç gün artik koğuşa alınana kadar. Biz 13 kişi bir anda gittiğimiz için hücrelerde yer yoktu ikişer kişi hücrede kaldık 3 gün. Haberlerde denilen bir şey vardı, yağmurlu günde bunlara su yok diye. Hücrede bunu yaşadık. Gözaltından geliyorsunuz, hiçbir şeyiniz yok. Cezaevine girerken üstünüzdeki bazı kıyafetler bile yasak. Mavi yasak, yeşil yasak, lacivert yasak, vatkalı yasak, yazılı yasak vesaire… Bir çok şey yasak.

Yanınıza kıyafetinizi bile sokamıyorsunuz. Gözaltından getirdiğiniz kirli de olsa değiştirebileceğiniz yıkayacağınız bir kıyafeti alamıyorsunuz. “Ailenin getirmesini bekle” diyorlar. Biz hücreye alındık. Oyle 11 gün gözaltı sonrası oraya koydular ve hiçbir şey vermediler. Yarım bardak şampuan vermişlerdi hatırladığım. Su istedik. Bir şişe su geldi. Kapağını açtığımızda kapağının içinde çiğnenmiş, yapıştırılmış çilekli bir sakız vardı. Hatta ilk onu görmeden su içtiğimde sudaki çilek aroması çok dikkatimi çekmişti. Çok değişik gelmişti ama kullanılmış bir suydu. Biz de içine ne katmışlardır acaba ve bilemiyoruz diye içemedik. Normalde ihtiyaç gidermeye bile giderken tiksindiğiniz şekilde bir tuvaletten, onun musluğundan giderdik su ihtiyacımızı.

Uç gün kaldık arkadaşla şöyle bir karar aldık. Hücrede zaman geçmiyor ve eğer kendimizi kötüye iterseniz orada, yani ben bizi orada tutacaklarını ve akil sağlığımızla oynayacakları düşündüm ilk zamanlar. Buradan çıkarmayacaklar ve pis, yetersiz ortamda geçireceğiz cezaevi surecini diye. Gerçekten insanın akıl sağlığıni sarsacak bir ortam, yapılan muamele ciddi manada uzun süre kalsaydık. Allah yardım etsin kalanlara. Ciddi manada bu kadar sağlıklı çıkmayabilirdim oradan. Onu düşünmüştüm.

Uçüncü gün bizi koğuşa aldılar. Hem bizim alindigimiz koğuş boştu, bomboştu. Kapiyi kapattilar ve gittiler. Simdi bizlerde bir hassasiyet var. Duvarlarda bir acil butonu var ama hani acil butonu. Hiçbir şeyimiz yok yine koğuşta. Ne bardak, ne catal, ne kasik hicbir sey yok. Sadece duvarlari olan boş bir mekan. Kirli. Sandalye var, masa var. Baska hicbir sey yok. Demir kapi acildi. Bayanlar karavanayı alin diye bir ses. Karavana buyuk bir sefer tasi, demir. Buyuk demir bir kap. Sefer tasinin buyugunu düşünün. Aldık. Karavana ne bilmiyoruz. Kapağını açtık baktık. Yemek. Açız ama yiyecek kaşık yok. Koyacak tabak yok. Yemek bize bakıyor biz 13 bayan yemeye bakıyoruz. Şimdi acil butonuna basacağız, çekiniyoruz. Acil bir durum değil bu bizim için. Ne  kadar aç olursak olalım. Hani herkeste bir hassasiyet var. Kapıya vuruyoruz gelen yok.

Meğer siz o butona basmadığınız sürece kimse kapınıza gelemezmiş, teror kogususunuz ve malum suçtan. Ben çok özür dileyerek kullanıyorum bu kelimeyi. Surekli sordukları için 10 ay boyunca hangi kogus? Hangi suç? Cevabınız hep “fetö” olduğu için. Cezaevi bu sürecim olduğu için ben bu kelimeye çok alıştım ve fetö kogusu olduğumuz için kapımızı bir gardiyan acil butonuna basmadan gelmez, gelemez. Korkar, kamera var. Acil butonuna basmadan gelmesi onun için risklidir.

Bunu bu süreçte öğrendik. Hepsi bunu söylediler. Neyse sonra bir şekilde derdimizi anlattık. 10 tane kaşık geldi. Kantin günü varmış. O günu beklememiz gerekiyormus alisveris icin. Biz 13 kişi corba dahi olsa 10 tane plastik kasikla ortadan sıra ile yemek yedik, karnımızı doyurduk. Bunlar çok önemli değil ama bu kadarını beklemediğim için ben, bana o esnada büyük gelmişti. Sonra yaşananların uzerine çok çok da mühim değildi aslında aclik.

Bu şekilde karnımızı doyurduk. İhtiyaçlarımızı sürekli talep ediyoruz ama sürekli böyle bir bir duvara çarpıyorsunuz. Bir ihtiyacınız var ama yaptırabilmek için sürekli mücadele gerekiyor.  Olması gerekeni bile mücadele etmeden alamıyorsunuz. Cezaevi böyle bir yer. İlk hücreden alındığımiz gün, işte tam da bugün isimler okundu. Duvarda bir cihazdan bir şeyler anons ettiler. Cihazdan hepimizin isimleri anons edildi. Pür dikkat hepimiz dinliyoruz. Benimle iki arkadaşımın adı geçmedi. Ama anonsun sonunda kapalı görus icin hazırlanın denildi.

Benim adım geçmeyince yani böyle bir şey tabii ki olamaz o iki arkadaşla ağlamaya başladık. Ben bizi unuttular galiba dedim. Yani kimse gelmemis bize diye aglamaya basladim. Herkesi götürdüler. (ağlıyor) işte 10 kişiyi aldilar, 3 kişi kaldı koğuşta. Kaldik yani. Kapı kapandı. Onlar gitti. Ben hüngür hüngür ağlıyorum. Hani niye gelmediler, beni burada bıraktılar mı diye çok korktum. Halbuki öyle bir şey olmayacağını biliyorum ama orada durunca öyle bir psikolojiniz oluyor. Sonra koğuşun kapısı açıldı. Bizim isimlerimizi de söyledi gelen gardiyan, bizi böyle götürdü. İlk görüş çok zordu.

Eşimi neredeyse 1 ayın üzerine görmüyordum ve kotu görünuyordu. O da gözaltında 10 gün kelepçeli yatmis. Hiç çıkarmamışlar. Sadece tuvalete götürürken çıkarmışlar. Ne namaz kılarken, ne yemek yerken kelepçelerini hiç çıkarmamışlar 10 gün boyunca. Cok kilo vermişti. İşte kayınvalidem, kayınpederim, ablam, eşim, kardeşim. Annemler farklı şehirdeydi, benim tutukluluğunun ilk haftası geldiler. O gun onlar yoktu görüşte. Orada ben anne dedim: Nasıldı? İyi miydi? Bana iyiyim diyor ama.. “Bu çok iyi hali kızım” dedi. Eşim için “çıktığında çok kötüydü” dedi. Ama bence o zaman da çok kötüydü, çok zayıflamıştı. 16 günde 6 ya da 8 kilo vermiş eşim.

Küçük oğlumu getirmişler. Büyüğünü ben 4 ay görmedim. Cezaevinde olduğumu söylemedik. Okuma yazma bildiği için de cezaevine getiremedik. İlkokula gidiyordu. Bunu bir arkadaşına söylerse; biliyorsunuz ilkokul çocukları nasıl acımasız. Ve malum okullarda 15 Temmuz işleniyor. Annesi hapishanede. Dalga geçerler, canını yakarlar diye söylemedik. O yüzden sadece kapalı görüşlerde küçük oğlumu getiriyorlardi ama göstermiyorlardi. Camı tekmeler, aglar beni uzer diye. Oyle de oldu zaten. İlk görüşte sadece camın önünden kucakta geçiriyorlardı beni görmeden. Çocuklarımı sadece böyle görebildim uzun sure.

Büyügu göremedim zaten de, küçüğü bu şekilde gördüm. İlk görüşte bayanlar görüş bitiyor denildi. Telefon daha kesilmeden, o ilk görüş biterken ailemden kim aldıysa telefonu esim dahil; “Beni burada unutmayın, ne olur. Haftaya yine gelin.” diye yalvarmışım ağlayarak. Eşim çıkınca bunu daha ayrıntılı anlatti cok üzdün bizi diye. “Sen kedi yavrusu değilsin ki seni unutalim” dedi. 

Ama orada öyle bir hissiyat oldu. Buraya bizi ziyarete geldiğinde de ablalar, ilk gelen ekibe söylemiştim bunu, aynı hislerle sizleri uğurluyorum, “Bizi burada unutmadığınız için teşekkür ederim.” dedim. Bu aramanız bile, bizim için desteğinizin oldugunu gormek, cok guzel. Unutulmamak çok güzel.. Kardeşlerimizin oldugunu bilmek çok güzel. 

İlk açık görüşü anlatacağım, çok uzun olacak çünkü her şeyi ayrıntılı anlatırsam. Ilk kapalı görüş böyle bitti. Ilk açık görüşümüzde de -yani ne zaman olduğunu hatırlamıyorum ama- 2 ayda bir görüş vardı. Tutuklandıktan 1 veya 2 ay sonra açık görüş yapıldı. Açık görüş zamanıydı ve bize de yapıldı. 

Açık görüşe gitmek bir dert, gitmemek bir dert. Gitmeme gibi bir şansımız yok ama bir hafta öncesinden mideniz ağrımaya başlıyor. Gidiyorsunuz, dönüyorsunuz koğuşa. Sevdiklerinizden ayrılmak çok zor. Bir daha iki ay sonra böyle görerek onlara sarılabiliyorsunuz. Bu çok zor. Ilk gittik oğlum beni uzun süredir görmüyordu. Hem cezaevindeki tutukluluk süresi, hem gözaltı süresi açık görüşe kadar beklenilen zaman. Yine büyük oğlum gelmemişti. Küçük oğlumu getirdiler. Hep umudumuz hani çıkar, annesinin hapiste olduğunu bilmesindi. Aranızda bir masa var. Ailenize o masanin bir tarafından sarılabiliyorsunuz. Yani onlarin yanina gecemiyorsunuz. Ama çocuğunuzu kucağınıza alabiliyorsunuz. Kucağıma aldım ufaklığı. Masaya oturttum ve sarildim. İyice onu böyle kendime yasladim ama o geri çekilip yüzüme bakıyor. İnanamıyor ya da yüzümü unutmuş. 3 yaşındaydı o esnada. Cok konuşmadı. Bakıp bakıp anne diye dokunup bir daha sarıldı. Ama sürekli geri çekilerek sanki beni kontrol etme ihtiyacı hissetti. Yüzümü öptü. Yüzümün her tarafıni yaladı, sarıldı. Tabii 45 dakika bitiyor.. 

Günlerdir belki aylardır annesini görmemiş. Aylar sonra annesine sarıldığına bile inanamıyor. Sürekli baktı dokundu, bir daha sarıldı. Görüş bitti. Kucağımda herkese sarıldım. Eşime, anneme, babama, kardeşlerime hepsine sarıldım. (agliyor) Bizi aldıkları demir kapıya kadar yürüdüm kucağımda. En son teslim edeceğim. Annemin alması gerekiyor. Hani iki eliyle yakama yapisti. Ben bir elini çekiyorum diğer eliyle tutuyor. O elini kurtarıyorum, o kadar güçlü tutuyor ki; onu böyle yakamdan söküp atmak zorunda kaldım. Ama cok agladi. Beni aldılar. Kapının arkasına bağırıyor annemi getirin diye. Yapacağınız hiçbir şey yok. (agliyor). Ben bir hafta hiç kendime gelemedim. İlk görüşümü asla unutmam. Bir annenin kendini isteyen çocuğunu yakasından söküp atması kadar acı bir şey yok. Bunu anne olan da anlar anne olmayan da anlar. En çok bu süreçte çocuklar mağdur oldu annesiz babasız kalan.

1 ay, 15 gün büyük oğlum telefonda bana babasını sormuştu. Hep başka şehre çalışmaya gittiğini söyledim. Oğlum şey dedi; babam başka şehre çalışmaya gitmeden önce beni arardi dedi. “O şehirde telefonla neden aramadi anne beni? Babam beni hiç aramıyor. Bir şey oldu söylemiyorsun.”, dedi. Yani ona babasının yokluğunu anlatamazken, ben bıraktım gittim. Onun deyimiyle ben bıraktım gittim. Tabii ki istemedim. 

Büyük oğlumla telefon görüşü yapabiliyordum sadece. Ben tutuklandıktan sonra benim evimi taşıdılar. Eşimin işi yok artık; benim işim yok. Evimi kayınvalidemin evine taşıdılar, farklı bir semte. İkametgah adresi değiştiği için, telefondaki adresten farklı olduğu için, telefon faturasındaki adresten eşimin evrakları ayarlaması 1-1,5 ayi buldu. O yüzden ben büyük oğlumun sesini dahi yaklaşık bir buçuk ay sonra duydum. Onunla sadece telefon görüşmesi yapıyorduk. Cezaevine getirmiyorduk. O gün ya okula göndermiyorlardı ya erken alıyorlardı. Ben aradığımda onunla konuşuyordum. O da telefonda yalvarıyordu. O daha büyük tabi hep yurtdışına gittiğimi söylemişler. Anne neden bize söylemeden gittin? Ben seni görmedim.  Çanakkale’deydim zaten. Anneannemler getirdi beni; seni göremedim. “Para kazanmak zorunda mısın anne? Bizim paramız var. Geri don.” Hep telefonda yalvardı. Normalde telefonda iki haftada bir 10 dakikanız var. 

O dakikalar düşerken içiniz yanıyor kapanacak diye. Ama büyük oğlumla konuşurken kapansın diye dua ettigim oldu. Sorularına cevap veremiyorum bir anne olarak. Yani çok mantıklı, hakli sorular soruyor. “Niye beni bırakıp gittin? Niye daha fazla aramıyorsun?” Bana sey diyor:  “Beni daha fazla nasıl arayabilirsin google’a yaz arasana. Arastir da bul, beni ara.” diyor. “Ne iş yapıyorsun?, vs.” Hiçbirinin bende cevabı yok tabi benim sesim titremeye baslayinca hemen eşim telefonu alıyor biraz da ben konuşayım diye. Anneni uzme oglum boyle deme vs.

Büyük oğlumu artık çok özledim. Yüzünü unutacağımı düşündüm artık. Dördüncü ay eşime dedim; açık görüş olacaktı bir şey söyle yalan söyle ve getir. Çok istiyorum görmeyi. Artık cok özledim onu. Hani annen uçakla buraya geldi. Buradan evraklarını alacaklar, dosyalarını alacaklar tekrar yurt disina gidecekler diye getirmiş. Geldi, elimi tuttu. “Hadi anne eve gidelim” dedi. “Sen bir sonraki uçakla gidersin, arkadaslarin gitsin” dedi. “Bu aksam evde kal” dedi. Yalvardı. Gelemem dedim, ağlamaya başladı. (agliyor) Seni burada zorla mı tutuyorlar dedi.  Biz cikarken dedi sen bizim elimizden tut, biz seni kaçıralım dedi. Ben öyle deyince, “Yok anneciğim burada isteyerek kalıyorum. Ben işimi seviyorum. Sen böyle yaparsan beni işten atarlar. Gelemiyorum.” Iste o esnada ama doğru ama yanlış neler söyledim tam ayrıntılı hatırlayamıyorum ama “Burada çalışmak zorundayım.” dedim. O da “Zorunda değilsin, babam para kazaniyor, nolur gel.” dedi. Ama onunla da gidemedim.

Yine ayrıldık. Zil çalıyor, herkes ayrılıyor. Siz kogusunuza gidiyorsunuz, onlar eve gidiyor. Herkes üzüntülü ama koğuşta şöyle bir şey var. Siz dönüyorsunuz, 24 kişi herkes birbirini hem üzgün ama aynı zamanda da birbirini teselli etmeye çalışıyor. Birinin gözünden yaş damlarsa 23 kisi teselli ediyor. Güç vermeye çalışıyor.

Böyle böyle 10 ayimiz geçti. Duruşmaya gittik. Duruşmada farklı bir cezaevine nakledildik. S cezaevine gönderildik, orası biraz daha zordu. Sadece duruşmalar esnasında orada kalıyorduk. Ama duruşmalarımız 9 gün 10 gün sürüyordu. Bu da komik ama, şunu dedik arkadaşlarla; aylarca kaldığımız cezaevi var. 9 gün 10 gün duruşma için sevk edildiğimizde kaldigimiz cezaevi var. Sunu dedik hepimiz, insanın kendi cezaevi gibisi yokmus. Yani artık bu hale gelmişiz ki aylardır tutuklusunuz ve sizi farklı bir sevk ediyorlar ve oraya girerken de sanki sıfırdan ilk tutuklandiginiz gün gibi tüm eşyalarınız üstünüz aranıyor. Ve kaldığınız yer çok daha yüksek güvenlikli bir f tipi cezaeviydi. Orada daha çok zorlandık. Artık duruşma stresi, duruşmada yaşananlar, orada olmanın zorluğu… Her şey daha bir katmerlenmişti.

Orada bir telefon görüşü yaptık. Öyle bir hakkımız vardı. Orada olduğumuz için talepte bulunduk. Orada bize yaptırdılar. Sonradan eşim şey dedi; “Seninle hapishanede yaptığımız telefon görüşü sonrası kendine bir şey yapacağını düşündüm. O kadar kötüydün.”. Ne dediğimi hatırlamıyorum ama o bunu hissetmiş. Elhamdülillah hiç tabii ki böyle bir istek olmadı. Hani çok zordu, belki aklımızdan geçiyordu ama hepimiz güçlüydük çok şükür. Kimsenin de ciddi aklından böyle bir şey geçmedi. Kurtulayım, bir şekilde kurtulayım düşüncesi. 

Hep dediğimiz şey şuydu koğuşta; şu demir kapıyı açmasınlar, işte bizimle uğraşmasınlar, yaptıkları psikolojik eziyetleri yapmasınlar burada bir şekilde kalınır. Mecbursunuz, unutuyorsunuz. Bir anne olduğunuzu unutturuyorlar. Bir evlat olduğunuzu unutturuyorlar. Bir  eş olduğunuzu unutturuyorlar. Birilerinin arkadaşı, eşi, dostusunuz belki ama ben, Allah’ın bir lütfu bu, şunu hissediyordum orada; bir anne değilim, eş değilim, evlat değilim, kardeş değilim, hiçbir şey değilim. Tek başıma burada dünyaya gelmiş gibi hissediyorum. Hep burada kalacakmış gibi hissediyordum. Yani o sizi rahatlatıyor. Yani garip ama o sizi rahatlatıyor. Bazen unutuyorsunuz, her şeyi unutuyorsunuz. Dışarıda birilerinin olduğunu. Dışarıda bir hayatınızın olduğunu unutuyorsunuz.

Arada avluya çıktığımızda böyle deniz kokusu gelirdi. Biz onu duymak isterdik. Bilmiyorum çim keserlerdi herhalde. Biz hiç yeşillik görmezdik. Hani getirdikleri maydanozun dışında. Cim kokusu gelirdi yeşillik kokusu gelirdi.

Bir rahatsizlik yaşadım hastaneye sevk edildim defalarca. gidiyorsunuz yanınızda 2 silahsız asker, 4 asker, bir komutan, bir bayan gardiyanı ve kelepçeli gidiyorsunuz ama hastaneye gitmek de şöyle güzeldi; dışarıyı görüyorsunuz. Cezaevi aracının küçücük camından bile olsa dışarıda yürüyenleri görmek… Yani inanın dışarıda yürümek bile… Şu an buradayım bunu ben öyle daha şey cümleler olsun diye söylemiyorum. Yürürken yüzünüze rüzgarın vurması kadar güzel bir şey yokmuş. Koltukta oturmak da bir nimetmiş. 10 ay plastik sandalyeye, sert zeminde oturunca. Evde çocuğunuza yemek yapabilmek, evinizi temizleyebilmek, anne olabilmek… Ne bileyim nimetmis. Bazen şikayetlendigim  mevzulardi. Ben kendi adıma konuşuyorum. Kimse belki benim gibi değildir ama. Ya evimi süpürmek istiyorum, süpürge sesini özledim dediğimde ağlamaya başladım. Arkadaşlar fön makinesi getirmiş sesini dinletmislerdi, ağlamayayım diye. İzlediğiniz belki komik bir dizide biri “evladım” derken televizyonda (agliyor) insanın burnu nasıl sızlar, gerçekten ciğeri nasıl yanar çok iyi biliyorum. Oncesinde sadece onları ben bir benzetme olarak kullanıyormuşum.

Cezaevi süresince gerçekten bunu samimiyetle söylüyorum; en çok çocuklarımın hasretinden insanın ciğeri de yanarmış, burnunun direği de gerçekten sizlarmis çok çok iyi biliyorum bunun ne demek olduğunu.(agliyor) 

Yani sadece benim sıkıntım da yoktu tabii ki. Bir görüşe gidiyorduk dönüyorduk, arkadaşımızın eşi de tutuklanmış. Bir görüşe gidiyorduk dönüyorduk öbürünün babası gözaltına alınmış. Zaten abisi yengesi tutuklu olan bir arkadaş vardı. İşte onların duruşmadan haber işte dualar ediyoruz duruşmaları olacak vesaire tahliye edilmemiş haberleri..(2)

Bir arkadaşımız vardı, arkadaşımız tutuklandıktan sonra kendi erkek kardeşi eniştesini şikayet ediyor. O da alınıyor tutuklanıyor. İki tane de çocukları var. Çocukların aylik rutini şöyle: Bir hafta anneyi ziyarete gidiyorlar. Bir hafta okula gidiyorlar. Bir hafta babayı ziyarete gidiyorlar götüren olursa. Dediğim gibi kardeşi şikayet etmiş. Ve çocuklar da dayı ile anneanne ile kalıyor. Götüren olursa babayı ziyarete gidiyorlar. Bir hafta okula gidiyorlar. Biz her hafta kapalı görüş yaparken, o arkadaşımız kapalı görüş olduğu gün yatağından çıkmıyordu. Hem çocuklarıni görememek hem bizler görüp dönüyoruz. Bazen sevinçli bazen üzüntülü bir duygu yaşıyorsunuz. Görmüşsünüz ve bir duygu, üzüntü ya da sevinç, yaşıyorsunuz. Ama o hiçbir şey yaşayamıyor, o hep yatağında. O ayda bir kere belki görebiliyordu çocuklarıni. 

Eşi zaten ayrı bir yerde tutuklu. Mektup hakkı yok, telefon hakkı yok. Eşinizden hiçbir haber alamıyorsunuz. Başka şehirde tutuklu olanlar vardı. Eşi başka bir şehirde kendi başka bir şehirde cezaevinde. 

Yani bütün haklarımız işte siz suçlusunuz diyerek engellendi. OHAL var diye engellendi. Eğitim hakkı engellendi. Okul harç ücretlerini hesaplarımızdan kestiler. Dilekçe yazdık ödensin diye. Açıköğretim okuyan arkadaşlar vardı. Paralarını hesaplarından kesip yatırılmasını sağladılar. Sinav günü geldiginde size yasak dediler. Sağlık… zaten siz orada hiç önemli değilsiniz. Bunu gerçekten söylüyorum. Yani ölseniz de sizin caninizin bir kıymeti harbiyesi yok. Yani orada kriz de geçirirseniz o acil butonuna basıldığında bazen 40 dakika sonra geliyorlar.

Ben gece çok dişlerimi sıkardım bu süreçte belki stresten daha çok sıkmaya mı başladım bilmiyorum. İki dişim kırıldı. Hem sağdan hem soldan. Sağ üst ve sol alt olmak üzere iki azı dişim kırıldı ve yemek yiyemiyorum. Çünkü damağa acikligi var kırıkların. Yedigim gibi damaklarıma temas ettiği için çok canım yanıyor. Inanın bir buçuk ay her gün dilekçe yazdım revir hakkımı kullanmak istiyorum, dişçiye gitmek istiyorum diye. Bir buçuk ay sonra kurum dişçisine götüruldum ve şunu dedi: Damakların hep iltihap olmuş. İşlem yapamam. Seni dış hastaneye sevk etmem lazım. Bu haliyle edemem damaklarin cok kötü çünkü. Bir buçuk ay ben yemek yerken damaklarıma hani baskı uyguladım ve iltihap oldu. Sonra antibiyotik kullandım ve tekrar dilekçe yazmaya başladım. Antibiyotiklerim bitti, dış hastaneye sevkimi istiyorum, vesaire diye. Ben inanın 2 ay yemek yerken ağladım. Dişlerime pamuk tıkadım. Artik çare oydu. Pamuk tikadim ve çok çiğnenmeyecek şeyler yemeye çalıştım. En sonunda hastaneye sevk edildiğimde de zaten birini yaptılar, birini yapmadılar. Yani bayağı bir mücadele ettim. Sadece yani bir şekilde oraya bir şeyler de olsun ve en azından yemek yiyebilirim. Tedavimi böyle ayrıntılı yapılmasını beklemiyordum zaten.

Bir gun eşime bunu anlattım; artık ciddi yorgunuz diyorum mücadele etmekten, haklarımızı almak için mücadele etmekten yorgunuz. Artık hiçbir şeyle uğraşmıyoruz. Yani elinizden hakkınız bile alınsa artık yorgunsunuz ve dilekçe bile yazmaya mecaliniz yok. Eşime anlattım. O da üzülerek şöyle dedi: Sahabe efendilerimizin hayatlarından bahsetti. Ailelerinin gözü önünde demir testerelerle kesilenler, ve ailelerinin hiçbir şey yapamamasından, bir çok eziyet gören sahabe efendilerimizden bahsetti. Ben öyle yaşıyorum demiyorum ama eşim sadece beni ayakta tutmak için bunu söyledi muhtemelen. “Yil 2017 ve sen dişlerine pamuk koyarak yemek yiyorsun. Bu belki öyle bir hayat, sen orada onu yaşıyorsun, biz de senin ailen olma şerefini yaşıyoruz. Bir camın arkasında eşime zulmediyorlar ama ben onun eşi, kocası olarak hiçbir şey yapamıyorum. Sadece dinleyebiliyorum ve izleyebiliyorum. Çok üzgünüm bir şey yapamadığım için”, dedi.

Ben bunları eşime anlatıyordum. Ailemin görüşü biraz farklıydı. Bilsinler istiyordum sadece. Yoksa onları üzmek değildi maksadım. Onlar da çok şükür bu süreçte gerçekten kendi kızları da tabii bunu yaşadığı için, masum insanların neler yaşadıklarını benim vesilemle, benim ve birçok kişinin -çünkü inanın eşim alındığında bile hala geçecek diyen insanlardı, geçecek bir sıkıntı olmayacak falan hep savunan insanlardi diğer tarafı.- Ben 17/25 Aralık’tan sonra babam icin sunu demiştim: “Babam ancak kızı alındığı gün evden belki de anlayacak neyin ne olduğunu, insanların masum olduğunu. Masum insanlara bunların yaşatıldığını anlayacak.” Dua yerine geçmiş herhalde. Aynen de öyle oldu. 

Elhamdülillah geçti. Buraya geliş tabii ki zordu. İki çocuğunuzu riske atıyorsunuz. Ben iki çocuğum olduğu gerekçesiyle tahliye istedim. 10 ay boyunca sesimi duyuramadım. Duruşmada emsal gösterdim (cocuk gerekçesiyle tahliye edilenleri) Benimle aynı durumda olan, çocuktan dolayı tahliye edilenleri emsal gösterdim ve bu şekilde çocuk gerekçesiyle yurtdışı çıkış yasağı konularak tahliye edildim. Ama çıktıktan sonra (tutuksuz olarak) gittiğim ilk duruşmada tekrar tutuklama talep edildi. Ve biz de artık tutuklanmadik. Savcı tutuklama talep etti, başkan tutuksuz yargılanma devam edecek diye karar verdi. Ama o bir riskti, tekrar olabilirdi ve kime sorsak hüküm alacağımızı düşünüyordu. Bunu neden düşünüyorlardı. Bylock suçlamam vardı. Bylock kullanmışım. Ne yazışmışım hiç önemi yok. İcerigine hiç bakmadılar. Kimse için bunları demiyor. Bir kişi size bylock kullandiniz dediyse ve içeride iseniz sizin içeriden çıkışınız gerçekten çok zor. Birebir bunu biliyorum. 

Kimse ne yazarsanız yazın duymuyor görmüyor. Yani hukuk denen bir şey yok. Avukatlarınizla görüşmeniz engelleniyor, kısıtlanıyor. Bu şekilde yaklaşık 9 ay geçirdim, 10. da çıktım. Geçirdim çok şükür, ben çıktım ama geride hala birçok arkadaşım var. Bizlerin kararı da açıklandı; benim şu an 6 yıl 3 ay cezam var. 7 yıl 6 aydan, 6 yıl 3 ay indirmişler. Ben karar aciklandigi gun, karar duruşmasının olduğu gün buradaydım. 

Tahliye olanlar var. Normalde ceza verildiğinde bir kişiye tahliye edilmesi gerekir. Hukuk budur, karar kesinleşene kadar, yargıtay onayına kadar. Farklı şekillerde kesinleşir. Sizin tahliye olmanız gerekir. Ama birçok ablamız, ağabeyimiz 9 yıl, 12 yıl sadece bylock kullandığı için, bir yerlerde sohbete gittiği için, biri adlarını verdi diye, o bize sohbete geliyordu, bize Kur’an okuyordu, bize bir şeyler anlatıyordu dini manada dedi diye 12 yıl, 9 yıl ceza alan kişiler var ve tahliye edilmediler. Onlar hala orda ben burdayim. Dedigim gibi buraya gelmek de zor, burda kalmak da zor ama her şeye rağmen elhamdülillah dediğimiz bir yer. Her noktada özgürüz. Her açıdan özgürüz iki artı iki eşittir dört diye biliyoruz. Bunu ulkemizde diyemiyorduk.  Gönül verdiğimiz insanlara sevgimizi dile getirebiliyoruz. Ama ülkemizdeyken onlara çok ağır laflar edilirken susmak zorunda kalıyorduk. Şimdi buradayız çok şükür.

Benim annem bu süreçte kanser oldu. Ben annemi cezaevinde 4 ay göremedim. Annemler benim çocuklarıma bakmak için farklı şehirde yaşıyorlardı ama bizim olduğumuz şehre geldiler eşime destek olmak ve çocuklarıma bakmak için. Annem bu süreci çok ağır geçirmiş. Ben annemi cezaevinde 4 ay göremedim çünkü hep hastanedeydi. Ameliyat geçirdi 3 tane. Birisini ben içerdeyken geçirdi, bir de ben çıktıktan sonra geçirdi, ben buradayken küçük bir operasyon daha geçirdi. Annem kaldığım 270-300 gün boyunca her gün eşime cezaevini arattırmış. Ben tahliye oldum mu, tahliye haberi var mı diye. Düşünün 270 gün, 300 gün. 270 gün kaldım galiba tam hatırlamıyorum. Her gün, her gün…. Umut yani… ilk günlerde umut olur. Evet bizim tutuklandigimiz zaten 13 kişiydik 11’i 2 ay sonra tahliye oldu. Biz iki kişi kaldık ayni kurumdan tutuklanan. Sonra gelenler oldu ama ilk tutuklananlardan biz 2 kişi kaldık.

Annem çok üzüldüğü için, çocukların haline çok üzüldüğü için. Bana babam ilk görüşe geldiğinde söz vermişti; sen çıkana kadar geri dönmeyeceğiz, çocuklarına bakacağız merak etme diye. Ama sonra bir açık görüşe geldiğinde ağlayarak gitti; sana söz vermiştim ama annen çok hasta, burada kaldığımız sürece eşine destek olamıyoruz hatta biz ona yük oluyoruz. Çünkü annen bakıma muhtaç hale geldi diye ağlayarak gitti.

Bu nedenle çıktıktan sonra çocukların halini, benim için yaşadıkları üzüntüyü düşününce,  onlara destek oldular. Hep görüyorlardı, yani ben diyordum burada kalırsam 7-8 yıl ceza alabilirim. Hatta eşimle de konuştum aslında kaladabiliriz. Yani bu büyük bir sorumluluk. Eşimin de davasi var ama benimki daha ağır ilerliyordu. Ve eşimin dosyasında pek bir şey yoktu. Rabbim onu setretmişti tam manasıyla. Yani setrettigi şeyler de hani bir şey var da Rabbim onu gizledi değil. Sohbete gittiği, tanıdığı arkadaşları isminin vermemesi.. Bunlar setrettigi seyler. Yanlış anlaşılmasın. Eline silah aldı bir yerlere çıktı da Rabbim bunu gizledi demek istemiyorum.

Bu yüzden eşim şey dedi: Daha fazla bir gün bile haksız yere cezaevinde kalmanı istemiyorum. Senin duruşmanda artık karar aşamasına gelindi. Ve muhtemelen geri tutuklayacaklar. Annen de çocuklar da artık bunu kaldıramaz. Ben artık aile olmak istiyorum.  Hani hiçbir şey yapmadığımız halde seni goturmelerini istemiyorum dedi. Ve onun da duruşmasında neler yaşayacağını bilmiyoruz. O da ceza alabilir, hala devam ediyor onunki.

Bu nedenle hani zor bir karar, çocuklarınızi riske atarak çıkıyorsunuz. Ben o kucucuk cocuklara, o Meriçte yitip giden çocuklara sorma şansınız olsaydı, yani onlar tabii ki annesi ile babası ile gitmek ister ama böyle bir yolculuğu anlayacak yaşta olsalar tercih etmezler, edemezler. Çünkü hepsi bir korkuyla çıktı. Oralarda çok korktular. Sessiz olması gerektiği söyleniyor çocuklara. Biz de aynı şeyleri anlattık. Ve kimseye de söyleyemedik. Çok yakın, annemize babamıza sadece çıkacağımızı söyleyebildik. Çünkü yakalanmamız halinde  eşimle ikimizde tutuklanıp cezaevine gönderilecektik. İkimizin de yurt dışına çıkış yasağı vardı ve devam eden bir davası var.

Çocuğunuzu annesiz babasız bırakma ihtimalini, yolda size veya onlara bir şey olma ihtimalini, yani size bir şey olması çok mühim değil ama çocuğunuza bir şey olma ihtimalini göze alarak, bunları göze alarak yola çıktık. Meriçten geldiğimiz için Edirne’ ye geçtik.  Edirne’de akşam bizi yola götürecek kisileri beklerken büyük oğluma anlattık her şeyi. Zor bir yolculuk olacağını, aslında benim yurtdışında çalışmadığımı, cezaevinde olduğumu. Su an eğer gitmezsek….. Hani onların anlayacağı dilden anlatmaya çalıştık.

Su an bizi bu ülkede yanlış anlıyorlar. Biz aslında bu ülkeye kötü bir şey yapmadık ama şu anda yanlış anlaşılıyoruz. Uzun yıllar cezaevinde kalabiliriz babanla. Bu yolculuğu yapmamiz gerekiyor ama her şey bir gün düzelecek. Bizim gibi insanların iyi insanlar olduklarını anlayacaklar. Ve belki geri dönebileceğiz. O esnada çocuğu rahatlatmak için. Çünkü Edirne’ye gidiyorsunuz gece 12’ye kadar belki oralarda sokaklardasiniz. Çocuk üşüyor,  lavaboya ihtiyacı oluyor, eve gitmek uyumak istiyor. Eve gitmek istiyorum anne ne olur gitmeyelim diye ağlıyor. Siz onu rahatlatmak zorundasınız. Yolculuğa çıkmadan onları bu şekilde anlattık. Küçük oğluma sessiz olmasını, bir oyun oynayacağımizi, eğer ses yaparsa askerlerin polislerin gelip beni alıp -o iki hafta cezaevinde yanımda kalmıştı ve annemin evi diyordu cezaevine- ve beni alıp tekrar o eve götüreceklerini, ayrı evde yaşamak zorunda kalacağımı söyledim. O çünkü hep anne sen evine dönsene diye beni ikna etmeye çalışıyordu yanıma aldigim iki haftada.

Biz buraya gelmek için iki deneme yaptık 2. de geçtik. İlk denememizde ben küçük oğlumuzu taşıdım. Esim cantayi ve botu bizi goturen kisiyle rehberle taşıdı. Büyük oğlum da yürüdü. Nehrin kenarına geldiğimizde önce botu şişirdikleri pompa kırıldı. O esnada diğer aileyle bekliyorduk, saklanmıştık bir yerde. Küçük oğlum normalde biraz huysuz bir çocuktu. Benim yokluğumda çok da huy değiştirmişti. İstediği olmayınca bağırıp çağıran ya da korktuğunda çığlık atan bir çocuktu. Ben bizi sakladıkları yerde bot şişirilirken bir saat bekledik. Diğer ailenin gelmesini bekledik. Sürekli eğilip gözünün içine bakarak sessizce “İyi misin, anneciğim?” diye sordum. İyiyim bile demedi ben o esnada korkudan bir şey olduğunu düşündüm. Çünkü gece karanlık, ağaçlar, saklanıyoruz sürekli vesaire. Korkudan artık konuşamadığını dilinin tutulduğunu falan düşündüm. Orada saklanıyoruz ama ben onu konuşturmaya çalışıyorum tek kelime etmedi. Sadece baş parmağıyla iyiyim işareti yaptı bana.

3-3,5 yaşındaydı. Şu an 4. Bizim ilk denememizde diğer aile de geldi. 5 çocuk, 4 yetişkin ve bir rehber bota bindik. Akıntı çok vardı geçtiğimiz yerde ve derindi. Akıntıyla sürekli 360 derece kendi etrafında döne döne sadece aşağı doğru savruluyoruz karşıya geçemiyoruz.  Kürek kırıldı nehrin ortasında. Tek kürekle yön de veremedi bizi götüren adam. En sonunda sürekli kuru dallara ve taşlara çarpıyoruz. Botun patlama riski var ve gerçekten ciddi akıntı var ve derin bir yer. O esnada hani o dallara çarparken çarpmayi engellemeye çalışıyor kim varsa o kenarda. Bir şekilde bot değmeden itmeye, kuru dalları uzaklaştırmaya çalışıyor ama mümkün değil, akıntı sert. Bot patlarsa ben kurtulur muyum bilmiyorum ama hani yüzmeye çalışacağım. Hangi çocuğumu kurtarmalıyım… Bu düşüncelerle o zifiri karanlıkta o nehrin üstünde (Nitekim olmadı) sürekli çarptığımız için bizi götüren adam tekrar iple botu kenara çekti ve “çıkın dedi, gidemiyoruz.”

Biri bebek olmak üzere 5 çocuk vardı, 2 çocuk benim. 5 çocuk dediğim gibi 4 yetişkin. Daha zorlu bir şekilde geri döndük. Çıktığımız yer dumduz bir araziydi ve bize tutulan ışıkta direk yakalanacaktık. Direkt göturulecektik ya da yürürken kalabalıksınız. Yürüdük karşıdan küçücük bir ışık da görsek yere yattık. Mısır tarlalarında saklandık o 5 çocukla. Gece 3 gibi bizi bir eve götürdüler. Burada kalacaksınız dediler. Eşlerimiz camdan girdi o eve, biz kapıdan girdik, kamera varmış vesaire. Öyle bir riski alarak geri döndük. 3 gün sonra yani Rabbim size o cesareti veriyor. O çocuklarla aynı riski alma cesaretini. Ya orada kalıp tekrar aynı şeyleri yaşayacaksınız, çocuklarınıza yaşatacaksınız, ailenize yaşatacaksınız. Ya da gitmek zorundasınız, mecbursunuz, böyle hissediyorsunuz. Yani ben öyle hissettim ve tekrar yola çıktık.

İkincisinde çok daha rahat geçtik. Bu tarafta 9 ya da 12 kilometre dediler yol yürüdük. Ama bir şekilde geldik yani. Çok şükür geldik burdayız. 

Esim zaten darbeden önce atıldı. Ben cezaevindeyken ihraç edildim. Ciktiktan sonra da o surecte de, eşim mühendis. Babasının fırını var. Ekmek satılan bir yer. Orada babasına yardım edip, zaten dediğim gibi benim gözaltına alındığımda, bizim evimizi, taşımak zorunda kaldılar kayınvalidemin evine. Mesela ben rüyalarımda görüyordum. Bir aile fotoğrafı gelmişti aylar sonra fotoğrafa İzin verdiler. O evimizde çekilen işte. Ben alınmadan bir 6 ay önce pazar günü ailece çekilen; eşim, çocuklarım, annem, babam vesaire onu getirmişlerdi. Ben rüyalarımda hep o eve dönüyordum. Biz orada çok mutluyduk. Bir evimiz vardı, bir işimiz vardı, çocuklarımız okula gidiyordu. Çok normal bir aile hayatı yaşıyorduk.

Bir anda, bir günde her şey değişti ve siz o ülkeye çalışırken, o ülkenin teröristleri oldunuz onların deyimiyle. Ben hayatımda silah görmedim, kullanmayı bir kenara bırakın. Bize gelen polisin elindeki silahın dışında ben silah görmedim. Ama silahlı terör örgütüne üye olmakla yargılanıyorum. Buna inanın, inanmamak, kabul etmek… Yani kabul edemedim zaten de bundan yargılandığımi. Hani kabul etmek… Hala yaşadıklarımı düşününce; duruşmaya sevk edilirken etrafınızdaki jandarma koridoru, etten koridor. Tabiri caizse hani robocop gibi kıyafetler giydirilen jandarmaların ellerinde silahlarla etten koridor yaptigini. Elinizde kelepçeyle onların arasından geçtiğim günler. Gerçekten hayal gibi.  Hala inanamıyorum. Bir gece çıktığım yolculuk… Cezaevinde geçen 10 ay… Yani inanması çok güç.

Burada da biz bir gözaltına alındık, Girit adasından deneme yaparken. Ben bunu anlatmak istiyorum. Hani size anlattım ya; gözaltında eşim bir not yazmıştı, polisin bana gösterdiği tepki. Ben içten sarılmak istediğimde beni çok ciddi aşağıladı. Sanki çok iğrenç bir varlıkmışim gibi sakın bana bulaşma diye. O ayakta ve ben yerdeyim. İyice beni küçülterek o el hareketleri ile yaptığı gösterdigi tavır davranışın yanında. Buradan illegal bir deneme yaparak farklı bir ülkeye girmeye çalışıyorsunuz. Elinizdeki fake bir evrakla orijinal pasaportunuzdaki fake bir vizeyle. Yani yasal olmayan bir şey yapıyorsunuz. Mecbursunuz. Ve gözaltına alıyorsunuz. Normalde burada daha bir somut. Suçsa eğer somut bir şey var ellerinde. Ama buna rağmen o kadar yani durumunuzu anlıyorlar, size o kadar kibar, o kadar iyiler ki.

Burada da 5 gün kaldık. Eşim ayrı bir yerdeydi. Ben bayanlarla aynı koğuştaydim çocuklarla.  Çok soğuk, çok kirli bir ortamdi. Koğuşta bir İranlı, bir Afrikalı, bir de Tibetli bir arkadaş vardı, bir de ben. Bir bayan polis bir gün akşam eşimi getirdi. Çocukların yanına ara sıra getiriyorlardi. Çocuklar ağlarsa bazen getiriyorlardı. Bazen çocuklar ağlamadan eşimi benim bulunduğum nezarete getiriyorlardı.

Bayan polis sadece 15 dakika dedi ve gitti. Yarım saat oldu, 1 saat oldu, 2 saat oldu gelip almadılar. Biz kapıya vurduk sorun olmasin galiba unuttunuz eşimi diyerek polisi uyardık. Eşimi götürdü. 10 dakika sonra geldi. İçeri girdi. O pis, kokulu ve soğuk ortama girdi. Girmeyebilir. Yanıma geldi. Burada ne işin var çocuklarla dedi. Anlatmaya başladım.  Uzüldüğümu anlayınca, elimi avucunun içine aldı. Ben anlattım ağladım, o ağladı. 

Hani ülkelerine kaçak girdiğim için, bunu yaptığımız için özür diledim.  Ama bu bir yaşama refleksiydi yani tek isteğimiz aile olmak. Yani bizler kötü insanlar değiliz dedim. Çocuklarıma anne olmak için bu yolu tercih ettim. “Lütfen”, dedi. “Artık dayanamıyorum; ben de bir anneyim daha fazla ağlatma beni.”, dedi. “Keşke kapıyı açabilsem ve sizi Almanya uçağına bindirip gönderebilsem. Ama ben de senin gibi, senin önceden olduğun gibi sadece bir memurum.”, dedi. “Buna gücüm yetmiyor.”, dedi. 

Çıktı, elinde bir kutu ile geldi. İçinde kek, kurabiye gibi yiyecekler var. Muhtemelen nöbet tutacak ve o gece onları yemek için getirdi. Geldi, “Bunları seremonide verdiler, ev yapimi.”, dedi. Bu tuzlu, bu tatli diye anlatti. Kabul edersen çok sevinirim dedi. “Bunları siz bu gece yiyeceksiniz, muhtemelen çalışacaksınız, alamam.”, dedim. “Çocuklar için almalısın.”, dedi. Çok rica etti. Ben teşekkür ederek aldım. Çok mutlu oldum. “Polis merkezinin etrafında park olsaydı çocuklarıni çıkarırdım ama getirilirken gördün mü bilmiyorum hiçbir şey yok etrafta.”, dedi. “Hayır, bizim yüzümüzden sorun yaşamanız istemem kesinlikle.”, dedim. O gözyaşlarıyla ayrıldı. Ben onun iyiliğine ayrıca ağladım. Hani yaşadıklarımı anlatırken ağladım. Onun anlayışına, iyiliğine, bu şekilde davranmasına ayrıca ağladım.

Bir yarım saat, bir saat sonra belki, tekrar esimi getirdi ve şey dedi: “Benim için aile çok önemlidir. Akşam yemeğini birlikte yiyeceksiniz. Yemekten sonra alacağım eşini.”. Ben hala size bir şey olmasın çünkü hani ülkemizde bize olması gerekeni bile yaparken korkuyorlardı. Biz onlardan iyilik beklemiyorduk sadece olması gerektiği gibi, insan gibi davransınlar istiyorduk. Hani farklı bir varlığa davranır gibi bagirarak değil de. Biz zaten elimize kelepçe takıldığında, üzerimize kapı kilitlendiğinde teşekkür eden insanlarız. Bir gardiyan şey demişti;  kolunuza kelepçe takıyorum, üstünüze kapıyı kilitliyorum ama siz teşekkür ediyorsunuz.

O görevini yapıyordu. Çünkü hani biz bunu öğrendik. Hani ben kendi adıma diyemiyorum ama çok güzel arkadaşlarımız vardı. Çok sağlam, çok kibar, hiçbir şekilde kendini bozmadan, orada belki benden daha fazla kaldı ve yıllarını geçirdi diyebilirim. Şimdi kendi ülkenizde, kendi milletinizden bir insandan, bir polisten, bir memurdan siz de bir zamanlar memurken yaşadığınız gördüğünüz muamelenin yanında, sizi hiç tanımayan, ülkesine kaçak girdiğiniz bir insan olarak farklı bir miliyete sahip insanın farki. Bir yerde (dilinizle değil de) belki İngilizce anlaşıyorsunuz. Belki tam manasıyla anlatamıyorsunuz da ben kendi adıma deyim.

Böyle bir insanın muamelesi, gözyaşları ile elimi avucunun içine alarak dinledi beni. Ben  bunu asla unutmam. Biz burada bulunan arkadaşlarla yani inşallah olur. Hayal kuruyoruz. Öyle işte çoğumuzun esleri burada değil. Çoğu burada ama işte aylardır iaşesini sağlamaya çalışıyor. İş yok güç yok, bir şekilde hayatımızı kurmaya çalışıyoruz sifirdan. Burada hep şey diyoruz; bir duzenimiz olacak, inşallah çocuklarımız okula gidecek, eşlerimiz işe gidecek, evimiz olacak. Bizim yaklaşık 2 yıldır, şikayet etmiyorum, onun için söylemiyorum ama hani normal bir hayatımız yok. İnşallah diyorum, hani normal bir hayatimiz olursa (normalden kastimi siz anladınız) şu anda şikayet etmiyorum kesinlikle yanlış anlaşılmasın. Hani belki tatile gidebilecek düzeye geliriz ileride. Ben diyorum, Yunanistan’a gelmek istiyorum.

Buranın ekonomisine bir turist olarak fayda sağlayıp belki de vefa borcumu ödemek istiyorum. Burada hala bize yardım eden arkadaşlar var. Benim eski ev sahibim Anna. Beni elimden tutup bir anne gibi psikologa götürüp, senin ihtiyacın var diye psikologdan randevu alıp beni zorla götürdu. Avukatlık bir işim olduğunda avukat ayarlayip beni ve çocuklarımı evinde ağırlayıp, çocuklarıma çocuklarının butun oyuncaklarini  önüne serip bu şekilde yardımcı olan bir insan Anna. Yani asla unutmam. Elimden geldiğince de burada olsam da olmasam da arayip halini hatırını sorup yine buraya gelip vefa borcumu ödemek istiyorum.

Hani Lina var. Almanca öğretmeni. Bir şekilde durumumuzu biliyor ve bize yardımcı olmaya çalışıyor.

Dediğim gibi, hani burada bulunma da çok güzel meyveleri var çok şükür. Evet zor, ama çok şükür bizler buradayız. Allah orada kalan arkadaşlarımıza, kardeşlerimize yardım etsin.

Girit, Yunan Adası. Girit’ten Almanya’ya gitmeye çalıştık, Girit’ten havalimanı’ndan. Mericten  geçtikten sonra biz yakalanmadik. Atina’ya kadar geldik. IIk ben küçük oğlumla geldiğimizin 20. Günüydü işte. Hani bunu çok utanarak söylüyorum ama mecbur kaldığımız için artık burada biz kaçakçılarla hasir nesiriz mecburen. Pasaportlarimiza vize yaptırdık ve küçük oğlumla Almanya’ya gitmeyi denedik ama yakalandık. Burada üzerinde fake evrağı bize söktürdüler. Direkt bana söktürdü polis ve geri verdi pasaportlarımızı. Eve döndüm.

Bir sonraki denememiz: Tabii biz “evrakları yapan”, “bileti alan”, burada bizim artık kelimeler, lügat değişti. “Garantiye yazılmak” diye kelimeler var. “Deneme yapmak”, “geçmek”, “kalmak”, “yakalanmak”… Çocuklarımız bile, mesela ben havaalanına gidip döndüğümde, tek başıma denemelerim de oldu. “Anne yine mi yakalandın? Anne başaramadın mi?” Öyle soruyorlar. Yine bir deneme için bu anlaştığımız bir kişi bizi Girite gönderdi. 

Bize oradan deneme yaptırdı. Biz durumu izah ettik, sıkıntı olabilir dedi. O adamın da hani kaçakçının dediği şey şuydu: “Deneme yapmayacaksınız, gideceksiniz.” Bizi iki aile oraya gönderdi. Diğer aile buraya geliste yakalandı ve nezarette kaldı. Ellerinde kağıtları oldugu icin onlar gözaltına alınmadi bırakıldı. Onlar gemiyle tekrar Atinaya döndüler. Biz Girit Adası’nda XX Polis Merkezi’nde 5 gün, 4 gün kaldık. 5. gün çıktık. 

Orada yakalanmış ve burada Yunanistan’da parmak izi vermiş olduk. Yani o sureye kadar yakalanmamistik. Yaklaşık  2 ay geçmişti Yunanistan’a geldiğimizin üzerinden.

İlk esnada sorduğu şey şuydu (oglumun); “Sizi neden hapse attılar? Ne yaptınız?” Hani çok kötü bir şey yapılmış olması gerektiğini düşünüyor. Biz ona dedik ki: “Oğlum şu anda bizi yanlış anlıyorlar. Sana ayrıntılı anlatacağız ama biz kötü birşey yapmadık.” Hani onun için işte hırsızlık, birini öldürmüş olmak, birine bir zarar vermiş, hırsızlık yapmış olmak ya da herhangi yasak bir şey yapmış olmak, cezaevine girmek için bir sebep. Hani soruyor: “Anne şunu yaptınız mı?” “Hayır anneciğim biz sadece şu an başımızda, ülkemizi yöneten insanın sevmediği, şu an sevmediği -çünkü onun hatalarını dile getirdikleri için sevmediği- insanlara gönül verdik, sohbete gittik, Kur’an okuduk. Belki yani gönül bağımızın olduğu kişilerle istediğimiz şeyleri yaptık. Yani yasak olan bir şey yapmadık.”

Ama tabii bunu daha bir çocuk diliyle anlattık. O yolculuktan önce işte zaman ve mekan elverdiğince anlattık ama buraya geldikten sonra da sormaya devam etti. Burada daha ayrıntılı anlattık. Geçen akşam oturuyoruz. Küçük bir masamiz var. Üçümüz siralaniyoruz.  Onlar resim yapıyordu, ben de ders çalışıyordum, Almanca çalışıyordum. Yan tarafta konuşuyorlar. Resim çizdiler. Birini çizdiler herhalde, ben görmedim ders çalışıyordum. Ona isim vermeye çalışıyorlar. Ali olsun, Veli olsun, Ahmet olsun, su olsun. Küçük oğlum dedi ki; abiciğim Vehbi olsun dedi. Büyük, aynen su tepkiyi verdi. Oğlum biz Vehbi’yi seviyoruz. O bizim arkadaşımız. Vehbi olmaz, başka bir şey olsun, sevmediğimiz biri olsun dedi.  Sonra o adamın adıni Recep koydular.

Orada ilgimi çekti. Ne yapmaya çalıştıklarını anlayınca, aldım videoya çektim gizlice. Hala konuşmaya devam ediyorlar;  işte Recep kim oğlum? Ne yaptınız? Recep’i nereye koydunuz? Bir park çizmişler. Bayağı da bir çizgi film izlediklerinden, hayal dünyaları da geniş. İşte şurada şunu yapıyoruz, parkların özelliği var. Tahterevalli var ama işte otomatik falan. Böyle her şey olan bir park. Onların hayalinde geliştirdiği gibi bir park. Ve kenarda bir hapishane var. Ve orada Recep kilitli. Recep kim diyorum.  Bizi hapse atan Recep Türkiye’de. Ve ona ceza verdiler. Recep parka gidemez. Onlar için en büyük ceza buydu. Resim asılı şu anda. Duvarımıza astık. Recep parka gidemez, şu anda cezalı.

Çünkü annesini hapse attı. Onlar çok özledikleri evlerine gidemiyorlar, çok özledikleri oyuncaklarını alamıyorlar, anneanneleri, dedeleri ile konuşurken onları çağırıyorlar. Sürekli soruyorlar; “Biz ne zaman gideceğiz onları ziyarete? Biz gidersek seni hapse mi atarlar?” Anneleri için fedakarlık yapıyorlar. Bu da bana çok ağır geliyor. Biz ne zaman evimize döneceğiz diyorlar. Anlatiyoruz artık bizim yeni bir evimiz olacak. Babanın yanına gideceğiz.

Tamam anne geri dönmeyi çok istiyorum ama seni hapse atacaklarsa dönmeyelim. Benim için fedakarlık yapıyor 4 yaşındaki, 5 yaşındaki oğlum. Bu benim için çok ağır ama ben de onlarla birlikte olmak için bu yola çıktım. Yapacak hiçbir şey yoktu. Durumlari bu yani. 

1300 kişi var şu anda meriç’te kimliği tespit edilemeyen.1300… Insallah sehit diyeyim. Insanlar bu korkularla geliyor. Bunlara rağmen geliyorlar.  Hissiyati sizler düşünün. Belki bundan kat be kat şeyler yaşadılar. Iskenceler gördüler. İşkenceler de gerçek. Bunu da paylaşayım.

Eşim göz altında kalırken eşimin adını veren bir ağabey, ben tutuksuz iken eşimin duruşmasına gittiğimde direkt dinledim. Ve gözaltında yaşadığı işkenceyi anlattı. 12’de alınıyor sorguya. Sabaha kadar platin olan dizlerine dahi vuruluyor. Anlattigi su. Sabah ezanın okunduğunu duydum, kafama bir şey geçirdiler. Sabaha kadar darp edildim zaten. Özellikle dizlerime vurdular. Platin var dedim. Vurmayın dedim. Eşi de arkada bizlerle birlikte dinliyor gözyaşlarıyla. En son sabah ezanı okunduğunu duymuş. Başına bir şey geçirip, çok özür dileyerek söylemek istiyorum. Gerçekliğine insanlar eğer bir miktar inanma noktasında hani sıkıntıları varsa, bu bir örnek. Pantolonunu ve çamaşırını indirip, abi hala hüsnü zanda bulunuyor. Jop olduğunu düşündüğüm bir şeyi dokudurdular. İşte biraz zorladılar. Elektrik vermekle tehdit ettiler. Bunun bir elektrik cihazi olduğunu söylediler. Ama ben jop olduğunu düşünüyorum diye anlatıyor. Bunu yaparken karısıyla, karısına da aynı şeyi yapmakla, üç buçuk yaşındaki kızıyla tehdit ediliyor.

Ve bu tehditlerin sonucunda içerdeki mühendisleri tanıyorum diye yazılan ifadeye imza atmak zorunda bırakılıyor. Ama bunu ağır cezada çıktığı duruşmada anlatıyor. Ben bu ağır cezaya gelmeden daha sulh ceza hakimliğinde de anlatılıyor. Ben bu ifadeyi o sebeple imzaladım. Zorla imzalatıldı. Yapılan işkence bu boyutta.

Belki de insanlar buraya gelirken bir daha öyle şeyler yaşamak istemediği için geliyorlar. Yoksa çok zor. Belki de benden katbekat fazla şeyler yaşamışlar. Bir daha onları yaşayamayacağını, kızı ve eşi ile tehdit edilen bir insan bu yolculuğu tercih eder. Etmek zorunda kalıyor. 

[…]

(3)

Elhamdülillah. Çok iyiyiz ya. Çok şükür her şeye rağmen çok iyiyiz. Elhamdülillah çocuklarımızla bir aradayız. Sağlıklıyız. Ben hep şöyle düşünüyorum; eskiden yine bizim ülkemizden Almanya’ya çalışmaya gitmek icin uğraşırmış, gidermiş, senelerce kalırmış.  Sonra ailesini aldırırmış. Böyle bir sistem varmış bilirsiniz. Diyorum ki: Eşim Almanya’ya çalışmaya gitti. Ben de Yunanistan’da tatildeyim. Bir süre sonra yanına gideceğiz inşallah. Bu güzel bir ayrılık. Haberini alabiliyorum esimin. Sesini duyabiliyorum, görüntülü arayabiliyorum, çocuklarımın başındayım. Yani daha ne isteyeyim ki? Bir süre sonra da kavuşacağız inşallah eşimle, çocuklarım babasina kavuşacak.

Copyrighted to Undaunted Voices of Turkey