Frequently Asked Questions

GENERAL

How can I edit my event submission?

The best way to change the details of an event is to resubmit your event request to the MME on the SGA Website. I [Cristina] will approve that one and remove the old one from the calendar. As a general rule, if there are multiple submissions for the same event (it happens frequently), I will honor the one submitted most recently (given that they have the same title and/or description).

However, be aware that those changes will only be reflected in the SGA Event Calendar and the Monday Morning Email, not in the Master Planning Calendar, which SGA does not control. If you want to know more about how to change the details on that calendar, please reach out to Student Affairs and they will be able to point you in the right direction.

Can you add my event flyer to the MME?
Flyers are added on a first come first serve basis. We will add up to two (2) flyers to the MME. SGA flyers will be prioritized. SGA reserves discretion to deny adding a flyer to the MME and will not provide a reason.
If you would like to send us your flyer:
  1. Email sgalaw@bu.edu + cc’ palazz@bu.edu
  2. Subject: Flyer MME [date that MME will go out]
  3. Attached the flyer in PNG and PDF format

**SGA will NOT respond to your messages. You will know your flyer is added if you see it when the MME is sent out.

What is the policy for creating a new student organization? 

You can read about the policies for new student group organizations in the New Group Policy – SGA.docx.

SWAG

I still need to pick up my swag that I ordered last year. Where can I do that?

If you purchased swag from SGA during the 22-23 academic year: Beginning the week of September 6, pick up will resume in the Student Government Association office, 105A, during business hours (9-5). As noted in the sale materials, this was a pick-up-only sale, and SGA is not able to arrange for mailing.

• Pick-up Instructions: Please bring a photo ID. We strongly encourage you to bring a bag to carry your order. If you need someone to pick up for you, you must email that person from your BU email giving them permission to pick up. They will need to show their ID and the email to pick up your items, which will remain listed under your last name.

Will SGA do another swag order?
SGA will notify the student body if there will be another sale. Please do not email SGA about future swag sales – if you are a student group interested in selling generic BU Law Swag please notify SGA or student affairs.

TICEKTS

Can I purchase a student ticket on behalf of another student? 
No, you can not purchase tickets on behalf of another student. Each enrolled student may purchase one student ticket for themselves and one guest ticket for someone else.

How many guest tickets can I purchase? 
Each student can purchase ONE (1) guest ticket.

I accidentally purchased too many tickets. What should I do?
SGA will not refund tickets under any circumstance. You can try to sell them to another student.

How do I transfer my ticket to another student?
  • Forward your EventBright Ticket Confirmation to sgalaw@bu.edu
  • Subject: 2nd Market Ticket
  • Sender: The sender must be the student SELLING the ticket
  • CC: The SELLER must cc the student purchasing the ticket
  • Information Needed: Please include the following
    • Seller BU ID Number
    • Buyer BU ID Number
    • Ticket Number(s)
    • EventBright Ticket Confirmation Email (this should already be included because you are forwarding that email to SGA)
    • “I am transferring my ticket to BUYER’s NAME”

I (BU Law Student) entered my information for both the student and guest tickets. Will my guest be able to attend the cruise even though I entered my information for the guest ticket? 
Yes – you must check in with your guest and present both tickets when prompted by SGA. 

There was a glitch when I purchased my ticket. Can I get my ticket(s) switch to another version/can I get a refund?
No. Tickets are non-refundable and can not be changed. If you have proof of a glitch, we need to know immediately. Please send the proof/information to sgalaw@bu.edu and cc’ Jill Collins at jcollin3@bu.edu.

I purchased my tickets and did not receive a confirmation email.
In the past, some tickets have taken a few hours to arrive to people’s inbox. 
First – do you have the ticket confirmation number that was displayed or the PDF that was available (by pressing “View Ticket”) after you purchased the ticket but before you left the EventBright page? 
  • If YES, then you do NOT need a confirmation email and you will be allowed to board assuming you pass security and bring valid ID (event is 21+)
  • If NO, then proceed to step 2.
Second – check all spam, junk, trash email folder etc.
Third– check to see if your payment method was charged.
  • If you were charged, please email sgalaw@bu.edu and cc’ Jill Collins at jcollin3@bu.edu.
    • Include your full name, BU ID number, and a screenshot of the charge. We will look into it.

There are no more tickets. Will SGA release more tickets?
No. Tickets are on a first come first serve basis. There will be no second release. We will not hold tickets for students. We will communicate the date tickets go on sale from the start of event marketing. We will send an email to all students the day before tickets go on sale stating the time that the tickets go on sale. Please plan accordingly.

Are tickets refundable? 
No.
I lost my BU ID and won’t have the BU ID replacement in time for the event. What should I do?
1. Email sgalaw@bu.edu
2. Subject: Lost ID – [EVENT NAME]
SGA will make a note of it and let the people know at check-in. If you have trouble checking in, ask for Jessica/Colin.