Metrics for Success

Results from training evaluations continue to show the positive impact NEPHTC has on the public health workforce. After participating in the various trainings offered by NEPHTC and our Local Performance Sites, learners are asked to rate their learning experience based on the following statements (rating scale ranges from strongly disagree to strong agree).

1. My understanding of the subject matter has improved as a result of having participated in this training.
  2. I have identified actions I will take to apply information I learned from this training in my work.
  3. The information was presented in ways I could clearly understand.
  4. I was satisfied with this training/course overall.
  5. The learning objectives were met by this training.

Evaluation Highlights

Below are some highlights of the evaluation results and common metrics data submitted by January 2017. You may also download the complete common metrics infographic (PDF) as well.

• Overall satisfaction with the trainings was high with 75% satisfaction in 116 trainings.
  • Self-paced trainings were the most common method of delivery.
  • 2,237 trainees were able to identify actions to take in the workplace (after completing a training).
  • Local performance sites have contributed greatly to the availability of quality training for the public health workforce
  • Each LPS had an average universal rating of 4 or more stars (out of 5).

This project is/was supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) under grant number UB6HP27877/Regional Public Health Training Center Program. This information or content and conclusions are those of the author and should not be construed as the official position or policy of, nor should any endorsements be inferred by HRSA, HHS or the U.S. Government.