Interview #17

She was 9-months-pregnant when her husband was jailed. With the fear of being prosecuted after her husband, she could not even feel being a mother. Raising her daughter without her husband now, she knows she has to be strong and she waits for the time her husband will be released.

Back to list of interviews

English Translation:

You can keep a record of my voice. Let me talk about the frightening July 15 coup attempt night. I was 9 months pregnant, and my husband was sick. We were sleeping, and then we woke up to tremendous noise. And afterwards, we never went back to sleep that night. We were trying to understand what was happening, but we never thought that it would have something to do with us. I was pregnant, but we had left the shopping for baby-related stuff to the last month. 

I suppose one feels things; I was becoming anxious to do the shopping we should.  My husband was detained ten days after that situation, and we had been shopping for our baby since the day after the coup attempt. We looked for baby cribs and things. And then my husband got arrested. He was in custody for 4 days, and I cannot describe the feelings that I had during those 4 days. I prayed a lot. I was 9 months pregnant and my husband was arrested.  It feels very different when you are married.

I was completely shocked, like in a complete state of numbness. I did not know what to feel; I was just crying and praying to God, asking Him not to leave me alone. The first time I visited my husband, there were few people. I gave birth a week later by a C-section. I could not go and see my husband during that week. The next visit after the delivery was very hard indeed. I could not tell how crowded the entrance of the jail was. I had to wait for 2-3 hours outside while still recovering from the C-section.  I had the baby in my arms, and outside was very hot and crowded so that there was hardly breathing space. Everybody wanted to see their family members in jail, but they looked so frightened as well, because of the accusations and propaganda everywhere. You could see lots of banners which talked about the so-called terrorist organization, Feto. There was a state of emergency, and lots of handouts about the so-called terrorists. The officers in the jail behaves very badly. And the people who were waiting outside were crying everywhere.  

I might have been the very first one among the people in this situation during that time frame. Everybody in the waiting line started to weep when they saw me with a newborn infant. And I still had my pajamas on me, since it was just a week after the C-section. I was in complete shock. I did not eat, drink and did not take care of myself during that time. It is very hard to explain the state of mind that I was in. During the 21 months since my husband was arrested, the only time I missed a visit was the week that I delivered my baby. Other than that, I was always there.  

Those days were so tough for us. It is beyond words to describe the situation in the meeting place of jail. It was so crowded, and people were crushing each other because of the crowd. Some people were crying, especially the mourning of the old men was so touching. My husband stayed in a ward for 8 people with 32 people. Can you imagine that? The place is for 8 people, but they made them stay with 32 people. They needed to sleep on the floor in front of restrooms. The officers did not give them water for some time. Everything was hard, sending them clothes, books, and other needs…       

Let me wrap this up: If you ask me what this process took away from me, I should say it is my motherhood feelings. I could not feel that I was the mother of my baby because of the fear that surrounded my heart. Every night before sleep, I was afraid of police cars coming and arresting me with their blue-red lights flashing. This fear took away my feelings of motherhood. I think for that whole year that I could not concentrate on my baby and  I wasn’t aware of that. My neighbors told me later things now that I notice: I did not take my baby to my lap, I did not hug her. I can say that I have recently started to feel that I am a mother. After one complete year…

I  don’t even mention my husband’s state of mind. He has never felt his fatherhood. I could say that these events took away 21 months from the lives of my baby and I. And I have a fear of having a second child and experiencing the same things again. A fear of separating from my husband again.    

But I want to think this way: My husband and I, we just consider the sake of  God. In history, all righteous people had lots of troubles throughout their lives. Our Prophet Muhammad had many difficulties for his entire life. But living under those circumstances is very different than telling them and listening to them. I’m 29 years old and trying to relieve myself by thinking that 21 months of pressure is not a big deal, compared to the lives of the pious people in history. I’m praying for everyone who is under pressure and I believe that nobody is praying just for themselves. I hope and pray for the safety of all my friends under pressure.   

Tuesdays are the visitation days for us. I delivered my baby on Monday so the day after that Monday I could not go to see my husband, but next Tuesday I took the baby to the visitation. He wasn’t expecting to see our baby that day. Actually, while I was in labor, I called the prison officer, and asked him to let my husband know about that. But the officer refused to convey that message to him. That was so heartbreaking for me. Labor is painful but I was also crying because of that. I was already lonely, but felt lonelier thinking that my husband did not know and could not pray for me during this time. I had my cousin with me that day. And somebody from your family needs to sign the hospital papers. My cousin was the one who had to do the paperwork. It made me so sad that my husband could not be present there with us and could not sign the papers. 

That Tuesday right after my delivery, my in-laws went to visit my husband, and told him that I delivered our baby last night. My husband told them that he saw me in his dream last night while I was in labor. This made me very emotional. Even though the officer refused to convey my message, God was there to convey my message to my loved one. When I took the baby to him next Tuesday, we just cried and cried by staring each other silently. The visitations were already short, 25 minutes. And there were always 4-5 people to visit and see him, so we didn’t have so much time to talk. Crying by looking at each other was a way of deep communication that we had… 

By the way, my husband was always confident and calm. I have never seen him hopeless during the visitations. He was the one who cheered me up even though I should have been the one to cheer him up. He always said that the difficulties that we were going through must be in our destiny. And we need to believe in the Divine decree, so we should be patient and be hopeful that everything would be alright. It was very tough for me. His positive attitude helped me to stay strong during all the suffering. If he showed a little bit of hopelessness, I know it could be much harder for me to get through all 21 months without him being at home.  

Thank God I did not see any hardships either from my family or from my in-laws. I heard a lot of stories of disownment of children by their families, but I have to be thankful to God that my family was not one of them.   

Let me tell you the story right after the coup attempt. A week after the coup, a few of my husband’s friends got arrested. One night a few days after their arrest, my husband and I were spending time together in one of the nearest parks in our apartment complex. I asked him what would we do if he got arrested. Don’t even think about those things. And then I slept.   

Next morning, he was getting ready for work. It was around 8 in the morning. While looking at him, I just kind of felt that he was not going to come back. He had the same feeling, and said goodbye to me. We texted each other until 12 pm. He was OK until that time. But, he did not see my messages after that. By the way, we were staying at my mother’s home for the last couple of days, and they were living in the same apartment complex with us. While texting my husband, I invited him, along with a friend from his office, to have lunch at my mother’s house. But his friend did not want to come. 

Then, my husband dropped off his friend to his home. He then went to our house to collect some baby clothes and dropped them off to my parent’s house. After that he wen to pick up his friend, then he saw a lot of shoes at the entrance of his friend’s unit. My husband then realized that they were the police. They opened the door and saw my husband. When they asked who he was, he said he was a friend of the guy they are prosecuting. Then, the police said since his friend was a terrorist, my husband was also a terrorist. And they tried to arrest my husband. He resisted and declined the accusations. Then, they used force and handcuffed him behind-the-back. They took him to our home. 

I was trying to reach my husband when all this was happening. I was texting to him and to his friends, but he did not reply and nobody knew what had happened to him. Then, I called my father to go with me and check my husband in the office together. We went to the office, but his friends at the office had not seen him after lunch time, which was at 12:00 pm. At that moment, the police were taking my husband to our home and my husband asked them to remove the handcuffs. Since he was just an innocent teacher, he did not want to be seen with them in our apartment complex. The police said that he was a terrorist, and everybody should see it. Then, they came to our unit to search. In the meantime, my father and I were still looking for my husband in every possible location we knew.  

While we were on the way home, my husband was with the police and he told me later that he saw us but kept silent, since he was worried the same thing could also happen to me. When we came back home, we could tell that somebody had been there. An hour later, I got a call from the police office to let me know that my husband was in custody. It was a really tough 4 days for all of us. My husband was put in detention on Tuesday, July 26, which is 11 days after the coup attempt. The police put so many people with my husband in the same dark room. The room was always dark, as I heard from another friend’s wife. The police forced them to lean against a wall and beat them at their neck. They also forced them to say that they were terrorists. 

Later on, I heard that a friend of my husband was beaten because he recited Adhan (the call to daily prayers) in the detention room. Luckily, my husband was not beaten too much, but we learned that another man’s eardrum had ruptured because he was beaten severely on the face. The police hit the detainees in spots where there was no camera. That is exactly what was written in the statement of my husband. There was no food during that detention period. The police brought my husband to the courthouse on Friday at around 11 AM. After 12 hours, at 12 AM, my husband was arrested on accusations of being a terrorist. I was not in the courthouse during that time, since I was in my 9th month of pregnancy. A friend told me that there were 9 detainees, while the number of armed policemen was 50 to 60. That was pretty interesting to see that huge number of armed police officers for just 9 innocent civilian men.  

The families were also in the courthouse to see their loved ones. While the police were taking the 9 people out of courthouse, the members from their families all screamed to their loved ones to be able to show them their support. When my husband and the other 8 people were first brought to the prison, officers put them into a nasty, barn-like place where they stayed for a day. Then, the prisoners were placed in relatively better wards. The conditions were better, but still the warden allocated 32 people in a place that was supposed to hold 8 people at max.  

During the trials, I can say that the judges were not even listening to the defendants’ statements. There were 3 judges in the last trial for my husband; one of them was taking photos of himself, the other one was sleeping, and the main judge was playing with a paper in his hand while he was pretending to listen. I’m trying to depict one of the trials in the courtroom.  

They did not listen to anything. One of the judges told a defendant to “Stop the bullshit” by saying that he listened to those kind of stories a lot. That was the case for 4 different trials. And all were like that. Let me tell you about the two men who were forced to blame my husband and some of his friends. They were forced to play a witness to accuse my husband and his friends!? The police removed all the clothes of one of these two men and left him naked. And then brought a document and ordered him to sign. That person fainted at that moment, and afterwards when he was awake again, the policeman brought the picture of his wife, and blackmailed him with bringing his wife to the police station.

That man said all this in the courtroom while he was crying. And then he took back his declaration after that. At the last court trial, there was another man who reacted the same as the previous one. He said that he was tired of all this. His wife miscarried her baby during the 4th month. They forced him to sign a paper by showing his wife’s picture to him, and threatening to bring his wife to the police station. And, in that court, he also took back his statement. There was another accuser in my husband’s file. He also said that it was dictated to him to say specific sentences. Unfortunately, that is the way of the judiciary in these days. Another friend told me that, in one of their trials, the judge told them that they could talk through the end of the day, but his decision was already determined.    

They also tried to use tricks on my husband and force him into confessing against others. They manufactured stories about him through his friends such as some of his friends accused him of wrongdoings. My husband was arrested on July 2016, his file was prepared in February 2017, and the first court trial was on June 2017 which was 11 months from the beginning of the process. Right now, 10 more months have passed and we will have the 5th court trial. Nobody knows if it is going to end or not. 

My husband and I really wanted to go abroad, but it did not happen. That is my biggest regret. You always think that if you could be in another country, you would be safe and things would be so different. But we were in Turkey, and we had to live through all this. You can only get all these thru the belief of destiny, otherwise it is really hard to endure.

My family and my husband’s family are my only financial support. I don’t have any other income. Actually, nobody will hire me because of my husband’s case. He will have another trial in 10 days. I’m hoping and praying for him to be out of jail as soon as possible. And I do the same prayer for all other innocent people. It is going to be a celebration day for me when I see all the innocent ones outside of the jail. 

I want her (my daughter) to unite with her dad. I want her to grow up in a real family environment. She had a chance to see her father, she has lots of pictures with him from prison visits. But still, it must be so hard for her to be away from her father. I want to educate my baby properly. It is hard in this series of events, but I know that education is essential for the future even under these circumstances.

I try to take my baby to the visitations at least once every 2-3 weeks. She doesn’t know her father. I show his photos to her, and try to let her know him better. During visits, she can hug my husband without knowing who he really is. It is beyond her comprehension to understand and realize the figure of a “father”. It is so hard to have that family notion for her. That makes me so feel heartbroken. I don’t know how it would affect us in the future not having a proper father figure in her life. 

Let me tell you a story about my niece, who is 3 years old. She asked me one day if we don’t have a home to live in, and I responded no, we don’t. Then, I asked her if she knew my daughter’s father. She said yes, and pointed out my brother. My 3 years old niece thinks that my brother is my daughter’s father. This is unfortunately what it is. Thanks to my brother, he is taking care of my daughter pretty well. I do not know how things will play out in the future. 

This is not a one person drama in which I’m suffering all alone. This affects a lot of people’s lives. I hope and pray for everybody’s relief. I just think that somebody could be in a worse situation and I want peace for them. I hope there will be a day of justice and salvation in the world. 

Turkish Transcription:

Back to list of interviews

Sesimi kayda alabilirsiniz. Konusmama o ilk malum geceden (15 Temmuz 2016) bahsederek baslayayim. O gun ben 9 aylik hamile ve eşimde rahatsızdı. Eşimle beraber gece uyurken, aniden bir hengame ile uyandik. O gece olanlardan dolayi hic uyuyamadik. Ne olup bittiğini anlamaya çalıştık. Isin bize dokunacagi hic aklimin ucundan gecmedi. Ben 9 aylik hamile oldugum icin beşik, çocuğun eşyaları, kiyafet alisverisini son döneme bırakmıştık.

İnsan bazen hissediyor herhalde, bir an once cocugun esyalarin, kıyafetlerine bakmak istedim. Eşimle 10 gun boyunca bebegimin ihtiyaclarina bakmaya calistik. Esim benimle beraber besik bakarken gözaltına alındı. Gozaltinda oldugu o 4 gunu size anlatamam. Sahibimiz Allah, ama o dönemde dedim ki “Allahim beni sahipsiz birakma.” Evli ve 9 aylik hamile olduğunuzda hersey cok farkli oluyor.

Duygularim alinmis, ruh gibi, ne hissettiğimi bilmiyordum. Sadece ağlıyor, ve “Allah’im beni sahipsiz bırakma” diyordum.  Eşim bu süreçte tutuklandi, ve ilk cezaevine gittiğimizde görüş alanında çok az insan vardı. Bu arada ben hamileydim ve bir hafta sonra da doğum yaptım.  Bu arada görüşe bir hafta gidemedim. Bir hafta sonra gittiğimdeki kalabalığı size anlatamam. Bizi iki üç saat dışarıda beklettiler. Ben yeni sezeryanli ve çocugum 7 günlük kucağımda.   Sıcağın altında ve mahşer alanı gibiydi. Herkes birbirine görmeye çalışıyor, ama herkes korkuyor. Zaten “Feto” falan diye her tarafa afişler asmışlar. Her tarafta yasaklarla alakali kagitlar var. Orada çalışan gorevlilerin tutumu çok kötü ve herkes ağlıyordu.(3.00) 

Ve ben ilk doğum yapandım. Orada herkes beni görüp ağlıyordu. Ben o esnada  sezeryanli, lohusa pijamaları ile gelmiştim. Ben o dogum zamani hiç kendimle ilgilenemedim. O bir hafta banyo yapamadim, giymedim, yemedim, içmedim. O hali size anlatamam. Esim 21 aydir tutuklu ve ben sadece bir hafta goruse gidemedim, o da dogum yaptigim haftaydi. 

Çok zor günler geçirdik. O görüş alanı yani anlatamam. Kalabalığı, insanların birbirlerini itmesi kalkmasını, yani anlatılmaz yaşanır diyorlar ya, öyle bir durum. Çok zorlu bir surec, Ağlayan var – O yaşlı amcaların ağlaması. Eşim 8 kişilik koğuşta 32 kişi kalmışlar. Lavaboların önünde yatmışlar. Su vermemişler, kiyafet, kitap vb. Hani akla gelebilecek her türlü ihtiyaçları bir zorluktu. Gercekten cok zorlu anlardi. 

Ozetlemek gerekirse, bu süreç benden en çok neyi götürdu diye sorarsanız, cevabim “Anneliğim” olurdu. Çocuğumu hissedemedim.  Şöyle ben her gece uyurken dışarıya bakıyor, mavi-kırmızı ışık gelir, polis gelir mi ve benide alir mi diye dusunup dururdum. Geceler boyu o korku, annelik  duygumu aldı. Yani o duyguyu hissedemedim. Ben bir yıl kendimi toparlayamadım. Komsularim bana cocugumu almadigimi, onu sevmedigimi soylediler. Ama ben bunun farkında bile değildim. Sonradan bana anlattıklarında ben onu bir yil sonra hissettim. Daha yeni anneliğimi hissediyorum. 

Eşimi hiç söylemiyorum, babalık duygusunu o da hissetmedi. Bu durum benden 21 ay anneliğimi aldı diyebilirim. Bir korku oldu artık ve acaba ileride ikinci bir çocuğum olursa eşim yeniden böyle olur mu? Böyle sıkıntı yaşarmıyım diye psikolojik açıdan beni çok etkiledi. 

Ama şöyle de düşünüyorum. Biz Allah’ın rızası dedik ve onu gözetmeye çalıştık. Hep sıkıntılar çekilmiş diye anlattik. Ama anlatmakla yaşamak çok ayrılmış. O Efendimiz’ in geçtiği yollar gerçekten dikenliymis. Ben 29 yaşındayım ve yasimi aya çarparsak kaç ay yapıyor bilmiyorum. Diyorum ki eğer gerçekten Allah’ın rızası varsa  21 ay çok bir zaman degil. Rabbim bir an önce selamete erdirsin tüm darda olanları kurtarsın. Söyle bir şey; şu an hiç kimse de kendisi için dua etmiyor ve bencil davranmıyor. Herkes birbirine dua ediyor. Rabbim de herkesi selamete erdirsin.

Bizim gorus gunumuz Sali gunleriydi.Ben salı günü doğum yaptım,  diğer salı eşime bebeği götürdüm. Aslinda esim cok kalabalik oldugu icin beni beklemiyordu. Ben doguma gittigimde aksam 4 gibiydi. Cezaevini arayip esime doguma gittigimi haber varmek icin aradim. Telefonda konustugum gardiyan “Ben bunu iletemem, ancak savcilik karariyla iletirim.” dedi. Ben cok agladim, doguma gozyaslariyla girdim. Dogum kagidina yakinim olarak kuzenim imzalamisti. Ben buna cok uzulmustum. 

Gardiyan esime söylemedi. Ben o gün doguma  girdim, ve dogumdan çıktım. Ama sürekli ağlıyorum.  Dogumdan sonra kayınvalidemler görüşe gittiler. Eşime “K. doğum yaptı” demisler.  Ve eşimin tepkisi şoyle olmuş “Anne dün gece rüyamda gördüm eşimi doğum yaparken”. Ben dedim ki “Allah onlara birakmadi. Allah bildirdi doğum yaptığımı ani” dedim. O zaman cok sevinmistim. Rabbim bizleri görüyor.  Çocuğu götürdüğümde eşim de, ben de sadece ağladık. Cünkü en güzel zamanımızı, en ozel animizi orada yaşadık. Gorusmeler yarım saat bile değildi. O zaman çok kalabalık olduğu için 25 dakika filan veriyorlardı. Ve bizler 4-5 kişilik gruplar halinde girdigimiz icin gorusmelerimiz yaklaşık 5 dakika sürüyordu. Sadece ağlıyor, esimin gözlerinin içine bakıyordum. 

Benim eşim her zaman dikti, ve hiçbir zaman onu ümitsiz görmedim. Her zaman o bana moral veriyordu. Ben gittiğimde normalde benim ona moral  vermem gerekir iken, her gittiğimde o bana moral veriyordu. Ve esim hep “kader” dedi. Ben bu süreçte, çevremdeki herkes, esim de; “Kader, kaderimizde varmis. Ben buraya girecekmişim ve bu sekilde olmasi gerekiyormus” dedi. Ben de diyorum ki “Allah’ım kadere iman ne kadar zormuş, diger imanın şartlarını geçtim, kadere iman o kadar zormuş.”

Eşim her zaman dikti ve ümit vardı. Eşimden de Allah razı olsun bu süreçte de hep onun ümitvar oluşu beni ayakta tuttu. Eğer o da kötü olsaydı bu 21 aylik surec çok daha  sıkıntılı geçerdi. 

Ben ne kendi ailemden ne de eşimin ailesinden hiçbir sıkıntı yaşamadım.  Her zaman destek gördüm, ve her zaman arkamdalardi. Burada çok sıkıntılı şeyler duyuyorum. Görüşe giderken sıkıntıya girenler, ailesi tarafından reddedilen insanlar var. Çok şükür ben iki taraftan da hiç böyle bir sıkıntı yaşamadım. 

Cumartesi günü, darbeden bir hafta sonra eşimin birkaç arkadaşı gözaltına alınmıştı.  Aradan iki üç gün geçti. Pazartesi günü akşam böyle eşimle biz bayağı da vakit geçirdik.  Gece 12.00, annemler ayni sitede oturdugu icin parkta gezdik, oyalandik. Ertesi gün sabah oldu ve sabah namazını kıldıktan sonra eşimin yanına oturdum. Dedim ki “Sen gozaltina  alınırsan biz ne yapacağız” dedim. O da “Sus öyle şeyler aklına getirme, git yat” dedi. Neyse ben de uyudum.

Sonra esim sabah 8 gibi işe gidiyordu ve bende ona öyle bakıyordum. Bazen insan hissediyor, bilmiyorum ama eşim giderken “Hani dedi bir daha görüşemeyiz belki” dedi ve öyle gitti. Ise gittikten sonra saat 12’ye kadar durmadan eşime mesaj atıyorum. “Nasılsın?  İyi misin? Bir sıkıntı var mı?” eşim ise “İyiyim, sıkıntı yok” diye cevap veriyordu. Saat öğlen 12.00 gibi eşim ile böyle sıkıntılardan falan bahsedince dedim ki “ya hiç evimize gidemeyeceğiz sanki”. O mesajımı gördü ve diğer mesajlarımin hiçbirisini görmedi. Benim eşiminki tamamiyle gerçekten kader. İşyerinden arkadaşıyla ben annemlere yemeğe cagirdim ama arkadaşi gelmek istememiş.  

Arkadaşı ile birlikte gidiyorlar ve arkadaşıni eve bırakıyor. Eşim de çocuğun kıyafetlerini  annemlere getirmek için eve gidiyor. Kiyafetleri alıyor. Arkadaşının yanına giderken, arkadaşının evine gittiğinde  polisler kapıdaymis. Arkadaşıni almaya gelmişler. Eşim yukarıya çıkıyor, bakıyor kapının önünde böyle ayakkabılar var, haliyle işkilleniyor. Geri çekiliyor sonra yukarı bir üst kata çıkıyor. İşte kim o  falan deniliyor. Sonra eşim aşağıya iniyor. Polisler “Gel bakalım, sen kimsin diyorlar.” Yakalanan kisi arkadaşım diyor. Polisler esime “Bu terörist, o zaman sen de teröristsin” diyorlar. Eşimi de almaya çalışıyorlar, orada esim hatta biraz direniyor. Hatta esime herhalde darp da uyguluyorlar.  Biraz böyle karşı çıkınca sonra eşime ters kelepçe yapıyorlar ve eve götürüyorlar.

Ben o sırada eşime sürekli ulaşmaya çalışıyorum. Arkadaşlarına, kendisine mesaj atıyorum ama kimse ulaşamıyor.  Sonra ben babamı aradım. Annem de evdeydi ama anneme bisey soylemedim. Ağlayarak babama “Ben eşime ulaşamıyorum, gidelim işyerine” dedim. İşyerine gittik, fakat oradakiler de  bilmiyor. Öğle arası çiktigini ve bir daha gelmediklerini söylediler. Saat 2.00 olmuştu, ve ben eşimle en son saat 12 de mesajlaştım. Saat 2.00 olmustu fakat biz hala esime ulasamiyorduk. 

Sonra eşimi ters kelepçe yapıyorlar ve eve götürüyorlar. Eşim “Ben bir öğretmenim, en azından kelepçeyi kaldırın” demiş.  Esim apartmanda kimse görmesin eve girelim arayın, çıktıktan sonra geri kelepçelemelerini istemis. Ancak polis “Senin terörist olduğunu binadaki herkes görsün” diyerek istedigini reddetmis. Daha sonra eve geliyorlar arıyorlar ve biz bu arada babamla oradan oraya gidiyoruz, esimi ariyoruz. 

Biz eve giderken eşim polislerle dönüyormuş. Esim polislerle geçerken babamla beni gormus. Ama bana da bir sıkıntı olur diye hiçbir şey söylememiş. Biz eve geldiğimizde zaten evi aramislardi. Aradan bir saat geçtikten sonra merkezden aradılar, ve esimin gözaltında olduğunu belirttiler. O 4 gün çok sıkıntılıydı. İsterseniz esimin gözaltındaki zamanlarından da bahsedeyim. Eşim salı günü gözaltına alındı. Esim gozaltinda alindigi tarih Temmuz 26, hava cok sicak ve nezarethaneler kalabalik, dipdibe odaya sikistirmis gibiymis. Daha sonra eşim ve beraberlerindekilerini karanlıkta tutmuşlar. Hiç aydinlik olmamis, hep karanlıkta tutmuşlar.  Ben bunu eşimden duymadım. Ayni dosyada olan başka bir arkadaşın eşinden duydum. Eşlerimizin duvara yaslayıp arkadan enselerine vurmuşlar. “Biz teröristiz” demelerini bu şekilde soylettirmisler. 

Yine eşimin arkadaşlarından biri nezarette ezan okuduğundan dolayı dayak yemiş. Benim eşim çok darp olmamış, ama darp olanların birinin mesela kulağının zarı patlamış. Aynı dosyada olan beraber gözaltına alınan kişiler bunlar ve beraber gözaltına alindilar.   Kameranın olmadığı yerde dövüyorlarmış. Hatta bu iddianamede de yaziyor. “Siz beni kameranin olmadigi yerde dovdunuz. Kimseyi şahit tutmadiniz ama Allah şahit” diyor. Tabii yeme icme yok. Cuma gunu oglen 11.00- 12.00 gibi adliyeye getiriyorlar ve esim gece 12.00 gibi de tutuklandi. Ve bu süreçte hamile olduğum için adliyeye gidememiştim.  Adliyede olan bir arkadaş “9 kişi gözaltına alinmıştı bizim dosyada ve çevik kuvvette oradaydi. Orada biz üç beş kişiyiz. Yaşlı amca, işte kimin kardeşi, kimin karısı, 10 kişi falaniz. 10 kişiye belki 50 tane 60 tane cevik kuvvet getirdiler.” diyor. 

Arkadasim anlatti; saat 12.00 gibi eşlerimizi adliyeden çıkarken herkes eslerine seslerini duyurmak icin bagirmis.Ortam baya bir sikintiliymis, arkadasimin esi ona herkesin cezaevine giden agladigini soylemis. Cezaevine geldiklerinde eşlerimizi ilk önce çok kötü, ahır gibi bir yere koymuşlar ve bir gün orada tutmuşlar. Sonra daha şartları iyi olan koğuşlara koymuşlar. Ama tabii ki 32 kişiden bahsediyoruz yani, 8 kişilik koğuşta 32 kişi.

Burada 2. ve 3. agir ceza durusmalari var. İle göre değişiyor, ilden  ziyade ağır cezalara göre de değişiyor. Duruşmalar sanki duvara konuşuyormuş gibi geciyor. Kendinizi anlatmaya calisirsiniz duvara da boyle tepki vermez. Duruşmalarda boyle geciyor. Bizim dosyada hakim hiçbir şekilde dinlemiyor. En sonki duruşmada üç tane hakim vardi. Bir başkan iki tane de üyesi var. Bir tanesi fotoğraf çekiniyordu, biri uyukluyordu, başkan da sürekli elinde kağıt böyle dinliyormuş gibi yapıyordu. Ben size mahkemeyi anlatıyorum. 

Ve anlatılan hiçbir şeyi dinlemiyor. Hakim bir tane sanığa “Geç bunları, ben bunları çok dinledim” dedi. Biz 4 duruşma geçirdik ve dördünde de aynı durum vardi. Mesela birinden bahsedeyim, daha doğrusu iki kişiden bahsedeyim. Bunların ikisini de eşlerimiz hakkında zorla itirafa zorlamislar. Birinin önüne esinin fotografini koymuslar. Çok özür diliyorum soymuşlar tamamiyle çırılçıplak. Çok özür diliyorum. Sonra da önüne bir tane kağıt getirmişler. Bunu imzalayacaksin demişler. Zaten bu kişi orada bayilmis. Sonradan önüne eşinin fotoğrafını getirmişler ya bunu imzalayacaksin ya da eşini buraya getireceğiz diye zorla imzalatmışlar. 

Mahkemede bunları ağlayarak anlattı, ve ifadesini geri çekti. En son ki mahkemede de yine aynı şekilde biri hakime isyan etti. “Yeter artık!” dedi. “Benim eşim çocuğunu kaybetti.”  Bu süreçte esi hamileymis ve 4 aylık çocuklarını kaybediyor. Aynı şekilde ona da eşiyle zorluyorlar, ve o şekilde kağıt imzalatıyorlar. O kiside geri çekmişti. Bizim dosyada itirafçı biri var. O itirafçı da polis zoruyla, polisin elinde ki bir kağıt ile, o itirafçıya sen şunu diyeceksin, bunu diyeceksin zorlamislar. Orada da bir zorlama var. Duruşmaların, gözaltındakileri hali durumu boyle. Duvara konuşuyorsun, tepki yok. İstersen çırpın. Karar belli. Hatta bu en son görüşte bir arkadaş anlatıyor, onlarin geçen hafta mahkemesi vardı.Hakimin tepkisi şöyleymiş. Kararı vermiş hakim. Demiş ki  “Su tarihte 7. mahkeme olacak. Ama biz akşama kadar buradayız. Siz konuşun.” Anlatabildim mi duruşmaların halini? 

Mesela eşime bir zorlama olmus. 3 kişinin fotoğrafını göstermişler. Eşime demişler ki seni arkadaşın sana şunu bunu söyledi gibi böyle şeyler olmuş. Eşimi de çok zorlamislar. Esim 2016’nın Temmuz’unda tutuklandı. 2017’nin Subat’ında dosya açıldı. 2017’nin Haziran’ın 1’inde ilk mahkeme oldu. Yani 11 ay sonra ilk mahkeme oldu, ve şuan üzerinden 10 ay geçti. Biz daha 5. mahkemeyi olacağız. Sonuca  bağlanacak mı, ertelenecek mi belli değil.

Biz eşimle yurt dışına gelmeyi çok istiyorduk, nasip olmadı. ‘Keşkem’ belki bu yönde olabilir. Ama bundan sonrası için, yani bu süreç için hep “Kader” dedik. Hayal kırıklığı, çok üzüntü… Anlatamam size, belki de anlatamıyorum… Bu süreç çok sıkıntılı ama hep “Kader” dedik.  Çünkü kader demeseydik bu süreç insanın aklına mukayyet olabilecegi bir dönem değil. İmanın çok zor tutabileceği bir donem. Keşke yurt dışında olabilseydik.

Ailem ve eşimin ailesi destek oluyorlar. Başka herhangi bir yerden gelirim yok. Zaten şu anda çalışmak istesem bile bu durumdan dolayı iş vermiyorlar. İnşallah bizim 10 gün sonra mahkememiz var. Eşim çıksın hayırlısıyla, kimse kalmasın içeride, geride kimse kalmasın.  Herkesin çıktığı gün gerçekten bizim için bayram olur. Yani unutmak istiyorum herhalde. 

Babasına kavuşmasını istiyorum, tam bir aile ortaminda olmasini istiyorum. Bir sürü aslında anısı oldu onun da. Babası ile bir sürü içerde fotoğrafları oldu. Bilmiyorum kötü anılar ama… Çocuğuma sadece eğitim aldırmak istiyorum, çünkü bu süreci biz yine sadece eğitimle  geçeriz. 

Ben şimdi eşime, her hafta olmasa da iki üç haftada bir görüşe goturmeye çalışıyorum. Esimi tanımıyor. Açık görüşlerde kucağına gitmiyor ama, onun fotografini veriyorum. “Kızım baba hangisi” diyorum. Kızım babayi görüyor. “Canim baba” diyorum kendisine. Sarılıyor, öpüyor ama baba figürü ne bilmiyor. Baba figürü kafasında çocuğun canlanmıyor. Onun dışında yani tam bir aile ortamı olmadığı için bu noktada bir eğitim eksikliği oluyor. Buna çok üzülüyorum.  Bu şimdiki eksiklikler ilerde nasıl karşımıza çıkar onu da bilmiyorum. Baba figürünün olmaması, oyle bir eğitimin olmayışı… 

Benim yeğenim var üç yaşında. Yanıma geldi dedi ki “K. Teyze sizin eviniz yok mu?”  Ben de “Yok” dedim. Peki dedim “Sen Z’in babasını biliyor musun?” 3 yaşındaki bir çocuktan bunu size anlatmaya çalışıyorum. “Evet biliyorum” dedi.  Kim dedim. H. dayım dedi. Mesela dayısını babası olarak görüyordu. Kardeşim ilgileniyor Z. ‘le. Herhalde Z. de dayısının babası olarak görüyor. İleride de nasıl bir sıkıntı olur bilmiyorum ama  o eksikligi doldurmaya çalışıyorum. 

Bu bu tek kişilik bir süreç değil. Rabbim herkesi kurtarsın.  Arkadaşlarla konuşuyoruz “En iyisi biziz” diyoruz. Arkadaşın biri içeriye girmis, ben eşim olmadan dogum yapmisim, ama daha kötüsünü düşünüyoruz. Allah herkesi selamete erdirsin.

Copyrighted to Undaunted Voices of Turkey