Chantel James (She/Her/Hers)
Assistant Director, Office of Financial Assistance
- Gender Identity: cis-woman
- Sexual Orientation: bisexual
- First generation college student
- Race, Ethnicity, and/or Nationality: Black
- Hometown: Boston, Massachusetts
I’m the chair of the LGBTQIA+ Faculty/Staff Network, I’ve been the chair for over a year now. I also have worked at BU for 6 years. I went to school for chemistry and I’m first-gen alumn!
I chose to apply as chair to create a better support system for LGBTQ+ folxs at BU because I felt like being black and queer there was nothing at BU or Boston to build a community.
Contact Chantel for academic support, career support, student life, coming out, mentoring, and general networking.