December 14, 2022, 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM EST
The LGBTQ+ community experiences disparities related to sexual health and primary care. Open Door Health in Providence, Rhode Island opened in 2020 to address this unmet need for culturally tailored services for LGBTQ populations in Rhode Island. The presentation discusses program development and innovative sexual and primary care health service programs at Open Door Health.
- List recommended practices for creating a welcoming and affirming environment for LGBTQ populations
- Describe how place and space matter to create affirming care environments
- Explain how to provide “express” STI services
- Discuss how task shifting services to nurses can enhance and hasten STI and HIV prevention service delivery.
- Understand how to integrate STI service with primary care services for LGBTQ populations