Strong Culture, Strong Organization: A Maine Public Health Training Series for Leading in Difficult Times
NEPHTC is happy to share this new public health leadership series from our partners at the University of New England’s Center for Excellence in Public Health! This informative and engaging leadership series explores the relationship between organizational culture and the ability of an organization to adapt and respond to external and internal challenges. The four part self-paced virtual series introduces participants to what culture means in the health profession settings, culture diagnosis, values based and resilient leadership, and makes a case for integrating kindness and appreciation into culture.
The first three sessions of this training are self-paced online video presentations, and the last session is live online. More information is available here.
- Describe organizational culture in public health and healthcare settings.
- Summarize the relationship between culture, leadership, and performance.
- Identify methods to determine core organizational values
- Articulate strategies for diagnosing your organization’s culture.
- Define key attributes of values based and resilient leaders.
- Identify basic tools to lead organizational change.
- Describe the concepts of psychological safety and empowering through empathy in the workplace.
- Identify strategies for integrating kindness and appreciation into culture.