The Liu lab welcome post doctoral scientists, graduate and undergraduate students who are interested in the following areas:
- Natural product biosynthesis, including:
- Isolation and structural characterization of novel secondary metabolites from bacteria, fungi, and plants;
- Identification and characterization of biosynthetic genes by a combination of bioinformatic and genetic tools;
- Mechanistic characterization of key enzymes (with special emphasis of metallo-enzymes) by a combination of synthetic organic, biochemical and biophysical approaches;
- Production of selected metabolites by synthetic organic, synthetic biology approach, or a combination of both;
- Evaluate biological functions of key metabolites using both cell-based and animal models.
- Chemical biology, including
- Developing small molecule-based conditional knockout tools;
- Making use of new tools in studying epigenetic controls of biological process with emphasis on ageing and neurosciences.
To apply for positions, please contact with Prof. Pinghua Liu: