Frequently Asked Questions

When will recruitment start for this study?

The team is currently engaged in securing the necessary approvals and preparing to launch the study in early Winter 2024.

Do I need to have children to participate?

No, if you are a Gulf War veteran without children you may still participate.

Will I be able to provide information about the health of my children who are under 18 years old?

Yes. Gulf War veteran parents completing the survey will be prompted to share information about the well-being of all their children, regardless of their age.

May I invite more than one of my children to participate in the study?

Yes, you may invite all your biological children 18 years old or older.

How will I invite my child(ren) to participate in the study?

After the Gulf War veteran parent finishes their survey, they will be asked if they have adult children they’d like to share information with. If parents express interest, they will receive an email with a unique survey link for each of their children. The link can be shared via text or email with the veteran’s child(ren). Please contact the research team if your link needs to be recovered. We will happily resend it to you!

Will I need to complete the survey in one sitting?

No, you may save your answers and resume at a later time.

Do I need a computer to take the survey?

Although the survey was designed to be completed online, those without access to a computer – or those who prefer not to use one – may request to share their responses over the phone.

Does your team anticipate conducting future studies?

Yes! We intend to create more studies focusing on other areas of concern and expand the veteran population beyond the 1990-91 Gulf War. We may even create a sample and data repository.  If you have any experiences you’d like to share or insights, we would greatly appreciate hearing from you! Having that information will help us guide our future research. To share with us, please fill out this form