- Ali Raza, Ibrahim Matta, Nabeel Akhtar, Vasiliki Kalavri, Vatche Isahagian. Function-as-a-Service: From An Application Developer’s Perspective. In the proceedings of Journal of Systems Research (JSys), 2021.
- Ali Raza, Zongshun Zhang, Nabeel Akhtar, Vatche Isahagian, Ibrahim Matta. LIBRA: An Economical Hybrid Approach for Cloud Applications with Strict SLAs. In the proceedings of IEEE 9th International Conference on Cloud Engineering (IEEE IC2E 2021), Virtual, October 2021.
- Valeria Turina, Zongshun Zhang, Flavio Esposito and Ibrahim Matta. Federated or Split? A Performance and Privacy Analysis of Hybrid Split and Federated Learning Architectures. In the proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Cloud Computing (IEEE CLOUD 2021), September 2021.
- Haneen Alfauri and Flavio Esposito. A Distributed Consensus Protocol for Sustainable Federated Learning. In the proceedings of IEEE 7th International Conference on Network Softwarization (NetSoft 2021), Tokyo, Japan, June 2021.
- Nabeel Akhtar, Ibrahim Matta, Ali Raza, Torsten Braun, Leonardo Goratti and Flavio Esposito. Managing Chains of Application Functions over Multi-Technology Edge Networks. In IEEE Transactions on Network and Service Management (TNSM), March 2021. Bibtex
- Valeria Turina, Zongshun Zhang, Flavio Esposito, and Ibrahim Matta. Poster: Combining Split and Federated Architectures for Efficiency and Privacy in Deep Learning. In the Proceedings of ACM 16th International Conference on emerging Networking EXperiments and Technologies (CoNEXT), 2020.
- Aman Khalid and Flavio Esposito. Optimized Cuckoo Filters for Efficient Distributed SDN and NFV Applications. In the Proceedings of IEEE Conference on Network Function Virtualization and Software Defined Networks (NFV-SDN), Virtual Event. November 2020. Bibtex
- Nabeel Akhtar, Ali Raza, Vatche Ishakian, and Ibrahim Matta. COSE: Configuring Serverless Functions using Statistical Learning. In the Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM), Beijing, China, April 2020. Bibtex [PDF]
- Haneen Alfauri. An Energy-Aware Consensus Protocol for Federated Learning with Guarantees. MS Thesis. Saint Louis University. Main advisor: Dr. Flavio Esposito.
Previous Work on Resource Management for Virtualized Infrastructures
- Nabeel Akhtar, Ibrahim Matta, Ali Raza, Leonardo Goratti, Torsten Braun, and Flavio Esposito. Virtual Function Placement and Traffic Steering over 5G Multi-Technology Networks.Proceedings of the 4th IEEE Conference on Network Softwarization (NetSoft), June 2018. [PDF]
- Nabeel Akhtar, Ibrahim Matta, Ali Raza, and Yuefeng Wang. EL-SEC: ELastic Management of SECurity Applications on Virtualized Infrastructure. In Proceedings of the IEEE INFOCOM International Workshop on Computer and Networking Experimental Research using Testbeds (CNERT 2018), Honolulu, HI, April 2018. [PDF]
- Zhongliang Zhao, Eryk Schiller, Eirini Kalogeiton, Torsten Braun, Burkhard Stiller, Mevlut Turker Garip, Joshua Joy, Mario Gerla, Nabeel Akhtar, and Ibrahim Matta. Autonomic Communications in Software-driven Networks. IEEE JSAC Special issue on Emerging Technologies in Software-driven Communication, 35(11):2431–2445, November 2017. [PDF]
- Nabeel Akhtar, Ibrahim Matta, and Yuefeng Wang. Managing NFV using SDN and Control Theory. In Proceedings of the Eighth IEEE/IFIP International Workshop on Management of the Future Internet (ManFI 2016), in conjunction with IEEE/IFIP Network Operations and Management Symposium (NOMS 2016), Istanbul, Turkey, April 2016. [PDF]