Become A Mentee
Learn the secret survival techniques of the physics department from someone who’s been there! As a mentee, you get an upperclassman physics student mentor as a confidant(e) and buddy, there to answer all your questions and to share their experiences as a physics major.
If you’re interested in becoming a mentee, please fill out the mentee questionnaire
Names are not attached to quotes to preserve confidentiality.
- “My mentor has been really helpful and nice! I’m very glad I signed up for this program.”
- “It’s definitely helped. Knowing what actually goes on in Physics at BU instead of what the website or official department policies say is comforting. I get a student’s perspective and that is more relatable.”
- “The program helps me organize my ideas and goals in Physics and gives me paths to follow them. It also really helps bonding with a physics student, someone who has already gone through all the problems that I am having now.”
- “It has allowed me to ask questions to someone I was more comfortable with compared to a professor or adviser.”
- “I know more about how the physics community here and can put my current classroom challenges in context, both of which help me feel more okay with my current experiences here.”