PRESTO (Pregnancy Study Online)
PRESTO is one of the first Internet-based studies in North America to examine whether lifestyle factors such as diet, exercise, and medication use have an impact on fertility and pregnancy outcomes.
You and 2,500 other women are being invited to complete one online questionnaire at enrollment and every 2 months for up to 12 months or until pregnancy occurs.
You will also have the opportunity to invite your male partner to participate.
Half of all enrolled participants will get a free VIP membership at FertilityFriend.com, an online software program that charts your menstrual cycles and records your fertility signs (note: promotion is not available to current Fertilityfriend.com members).
PRESTO is being conducted by researchers at Boston University and is funded by the National Institutes of Health.
Eligible female participants are:
-Not currently using any methods to prevent pregnancy
-Not using fertility treatments
-In a stable relationship with a male partner
-Thinking about becoming pregnant in the next 6 months and are not currently pregnant
-Willing to participate in a 12-month study
The study objectives are to identify lifestyle factors that affect the chances of successful pregnancy. The study will also examine predictors of miscarriage, preterm birth, and low birth weight.
- One online questionnaire at enrollment (30-35 minutes).
- One online questionnaire every 2 months for up to 12 months or until you get pregnant (10-15 minutes).
- One online questionnaire in early pregnancy if you become pregnant (10-15 minutes).
- One dietary questionnaire 10 days after initial enrollment (30-40 minutes).
- Optional: one questionnaire completed by your male partner (10-15 minutes).
Click here to enroll in PRESTO. Listen to our radio documentary.
**Participants: login here to fill out your latest survey**
Photo credit: Karen Wise