PRESTO (Pregnancy Study Online)
What is PRESTO and why should I join?
PRESTO is a web-based research study that examines whether lifestyle factors such as diet, exercise, and medication use have an impact on fertility and pregnancy.
Women are being invited to complete one online questionnaire at enrollment and every 2 months for 12 months, or until conception, whichever occurs first.
Women will also have the opportunity to invite their male partners to participate.
Half of enrolled women get a VIP membership at FertilityFriend.com, an app that records menstrual patterns and fertility signs (available to new FF members only).
PRESTO is a non-profit study being conducted at Boston University. It is funded by the National Institutes of Health.
What are the eligibility requirements?
Eligible female participants are:
-Resident of U.S. or Canada
-Not currently using methods to prevent pregnancy (or thinking about discontinuing contraception in the next 6 months)
-Not using fertility treatments
-In a stable relationship with a male partner
-Not currently pregnant
-Willing to participate in a 12-month study
What are the study objectives?
The study objectives are to identify lifestyle, behavioral, medical, and dietary factors that affect the chances of successful pregnancy. The study will also examine predictors of miscarriage, preterm birth, and low birth weight.
What is required of participants?
– One online survey at enrollment (30-35 minutes).
– One online survey every 2 months for up to 12 months or until you get pregnant (10-15 minutes).
– One online diet survey 10 days after enrollment (30-40 minutes).
– If you become pregnant, one survey in early pregnancy (10-15 minutes), one survey in late pregnancy (10-15 minutes), and one survey at 6 months’ postpartum (10-15 minutes).
– Optional: male partner survey (10-15 minutes) and male dietary survey (30-40 minutes).
Click here to enroll.
Want to enroll later? Fill out the screener and we’ll contact you when you’re ready. Already enrolled? Login and fill out your latest survey.
Contact us at email@example.com or follow us on Facebook & Twitter