Amazing learning experience

By DSI

This was the first time anyone in our group has ever consulted for a company. Although it was a nerve-racking experience at the very beginning, it turned into an amazing learning experience for everyone including our client.

Unfortunately but understandably the amazing itinerary planned for our time in Brazil was canceled due to the coronavirus. Luckily my classmate and I were able to make it out to explore Rio De Janeiro before the class was officially canceled by the University. Our experience in the few short days there was incredible – the amazing people, sightseeing, soccer matches, delicious food, and beautiful beaches make this a destination I couldn’t recommend more. On our last day, I was able to coordinate an informal lunch meeting with my client. It was an insightful conversation learning about their life growing up in Brazil and the business challenges throughout Brazil. This face to face meeting has brought a friendship that will last beyond the duration of this course.

My teammates and I received very positive feedback and further information when presented our PowerPoint through Skype this past week. We are extremely excited and motivated to incorporate the feedback into our final deliverable which involves a business plan and a custom financial modeling tool. This was the first time anyone in our group has ever consulted for a company. Although it was a nerve-racking experience at the very beginning, it turned into an amazing learning experience for everyone including our client. The unique work experience and backgrounds within our group were key to meeting the expectations of our clients thus far.