New for BU: Identity & Access Management

BU Information Security sent this message to BU users on September 18, 2023:

Dear BU Community,

In support of the Student Information Systems Renewal Program and overall technology service modernization at BU, we are pleased to announce major improvements to our identity and access management system. The identity and access management system is responsible for creating all BU technology accounts and granting access to services such as BU Office365, BU Google workspace, BU wireless, and the BU Virtual Private Network (VPN). With this release comes a new self-service password reset option as well as a new look and feel for the Update My Personal Information page.

To ensure you can take advantage of our new password reset capabilities, please verify your personal email address on the Update My Personal Information page. Read on for further details.

What can I expect?

• You can now visit bu.edu/myaccount where you can access helpful tools if you forgot your password, forgot your BU Login (username), or if you need to unlock your account. No need to answer security questions or call the Help Center.

For more information and instructions, visit BU Login Name & Password.

How can I verify or update my personal email?  

Visit the BU Directory (www.bu.edu/directory) and click on “Update My Personal Information” at the bottom right of the screen:

This is an image of the BU directory.

• Log in with your BU username and password.
  • Review and update your contact information, paying special attention to verify or add your personal email address.
  • Save your changes.

For more information visit How to update my personal information.

If you encounter any issues or have questions regarding this process, please reach out to ithelp@bu.edu for assistance.

BU Information Security Team