The Owl

gray owl with back facing the viewerThis is an image of the owl, who is too attached to hidden treasures. My goal for the owl was to distinguish the flaw of the owl within the image. Therefore, I chose to have the owl’s back facing the audience and have the owl turn towards them. What lies beyond the owl is what he is guarding from others: buried treasure. As such, even as he is making the excuse of why he doesn’t want to go on the journey, the owl is clearly unable to do anything at all, but constantly guard the material riches that he has found. I also included the ruins in the background, as to depict another line that the owl did say about the fact that ruins harbor buried treasure. I chose the color of the owl to be in shades of gray, as that made the process of making the owl simpler as well as having colors that give off some similarity to how the ruins are colored. Blue, yellow, and brown are meant to represent the sky, the deserted lands, and the branch that the owl sits to guard his findings from others. I made this image using grid-paint. 

Background Music: Original Composition for Santur
by Danial Shariat

The Owl

Posted 5 years ago on