The Valley of Insight into Mystery

The Valley of Insight into Mystery focuses on the different paths that each bird must take. No pathway is the same for two birds, and that is where insight comes from. When one embraces the path instead of trying to follow another’s path, they lead to their own personal insight. I chose the maze as the focal point because while each bird is approaching the same maze, they each have to take a different path to reach the Simorgh in the middle. I left the birds colorless to keep their identity muted before the introduction to the Sigmorgh. I used a combination of two programs to make this illustration. For most of the drawing process, I use a program called SketchUp 3D. This program allows me to draw freehand on my tablet for my drawings. For all the text and arch placement, I used Adobe Photoshop. 

Background music: Original composition for Santur and Daf
by Danial Shariat

A note on the music:
This segment is very withdrawn and simple (almost atempo at times) in the hopes of creating a more introspective experience that would hopefully personify the private experience that is insight into mystery. If I accomplished what I attempted, there is a beauty in the santur that is matched by a haunting feeling.” (DS)