- September 20, 2018
- What: Tertulia meet and greet!!
- Where: Sunset Cantina; 916 Commonwealth Ave.; 5:00 pm
- Please join Sarah Davies (Biology), Merav Shohet (Anthropology), and Sean Tallman (Anatomy & Neurobiology and Anthropology) at the Sunset Cantina to ring in the new academic year and meet junior faculty from across the campus!
- October 3, 2018; PLS505 (African Studies Seminar Room, 5th floor of 232 Bay State Road); 5:30 pm (talk), 7:00 pm (dinner)
- Who: Victor Kumar (Philosophy)
- What: Tertulia talk: “Cultural Evolution in Deep History”
- I’ll discuss a perspective on human evolution that explains major adaptive changes in terms of the co-evolution of cognitive and social adaptations. My focus will be on cultural evolution in “deep history,” i.e., a period spanning from roughly 70,000 years ago to the beginnings of recorded history. In particular, I’ll unpack the role of social institutions in cultural evolution.
- November 7, 2018; PLS505 (African Studies Seminar Room, 5th floor of 232 Bay State Road); 5:30 pm (talk), 7:00 pm (dinner)
- Who: Joanna Davidson (Anthropology), Trevor Siggers (Biology) et al.
- What: Tertulia panel: The Tenure Process
- Newly-minted Associate Faculty will discuss their experiences going through the tenure process.
- December 12, 2018; HIST304 (226 Bay State Road); 5:30 pm (talk), 7:00 pm (dinner)