2021 RUME Reports
Due to the dangers of the COVID-19 pandemic, we (Executive Committee of SIGMAA on RUME) have canceled the 2021 SIGMAA on RUME conference. In lieu of our annual meeting, we want to continue our support for our community, especially those who are “early-career”.
We are defining “early-career” scholars to be one of the following:
- Current graduate or undergraduate student
- Post-doctoral scholar
- Pre-tenure faculty members
- Faculty who are not in a tenure-track position, but are at most 6 years removed from their graduate degree
Please note the following caveats for submission:
- Each “early-career” scholar is limited to one submission as a lead author
- Every submission should have an “early-career” scholar as the lead author
- More established scholars (e.g., non-“early” career, advisors, etc.) are allowed to be co-authors on submissions…as long as the lead author is an “early-career” scholar
If you identify as an “early-career” scholar, we invite you to submit a proposal to the conference. Proposals for contributed, and theoretical reports are due by 11:59 PM (Pacific Time) on January 31st, 2021.
We will not be accepting preliminary report proposals or poster proposals this year.
The tentative timeline for the 2021 RUME Reports is as follows:
|January 31, 2021||Submissions due at CMT site|
|March 15, 2021||Reviews due|
|April 15, 2021||Acceptance decisions sent out|
|April 30, 2021||Final versions due|
|June-July, 2021||2021 RUME Reports released|
The online Conference Management Tool (CMT) site to submit the proposals can be found here.
You can find more details about submission procedures and requirements here.