Women’s Hockey: Compher, Davis skating at USA Hockey winter camp

In November, junior forward Jesse Compher and redshirt senior captain Sammy Davis were invited to USA Hockey’s winter training camp. Beginning today, Dec. 9, the two will be skating with the United State international team from Dec. 9-13 at the XL Center in Hartford, CT.

23 of the 46 skaters invited to camp will join Team USA for the Rivalry Series against Canada, which will begin at the XL Center on Dec. 14.

“I’m so excited for the opportunity. I never would have thought,” said Davis. “I just want to go out there, have fun and learn something new that I can bring back to the girls.”

“I get to play some extra hockey for a week or so, so we’ll see. I just want to take in the experience. It’s so awesome and I’m really grateful for the opportunity.”

So far this season, Davis leads the Terriers with 20 points in 17 games. Her and Compher’s seven goals are tied for the second-most on the team. Compher ranks fourth on the team with 13 points in eight games after missing the first month of the season with a lower-body injury.

Compher won gold with Team USA at the IIHF World Championships last spring, while Davis won gold with U.S. Under-18 Team in 2015. The two also participated in the USA Hockey Women’s National Festival in Lake Placid, N.Y., over the summer.

“Every time you put on that jersey, it’s an unbelievable feeling,” Compher said. “So I’m excited to get back out there with those girls and I’m excited to have Sammy there with me.”