The Technology Law Clinic handles a diverse range of legal issues related to academic and innovative activity on behalf if its student clients. Topics of focus include:
- Regulatory Compliance
- Media Law and Pre-Publication Review
- Computer Crimes and Torts
- Intellectual Property
- Data Privacy Law
- Reverse Engineering and Anticircumvention Law
- Communications Privacy Law
- FOIA and Public Records
- Digital Civil Liberties
- Litigation, Cease-and-Desist Response, and Negotiation
Many of our clients work on projects that we cannot reveal publicly for privilege and confidentiality reasons. But to help give context to the types of clients we represent, we’ve included some representative matters below with the consent of clients who are doing more public-facing projects.
- The clinic worked with votemate, a project created by a group of MIT students to increase student voter registration and participation nationwide. The clinic helped with legal questions related to the operation of their online platform.
More matters coming soon!