Law & Technology: Know Your Rights
Are you a researcher, activist, or entrepreneur? Do you ever wonder how technology laws impact your work? Join us as we review current events and hot topics in technology law, and how they affect student research, activism, and startups. Special guest speakers TBA!
- January 27-30
- Media Lab, E14-240
- Lunch Provided!
You can find the full schedule by date below. Attend as many presentations as you would like! Please click here to RSVP by January 24.
Please note that the schedule below has been updated.
Monday, Jan. 27 (12–2pm):
- Accessing the Archives, Using FOIA to Acquire Government Data
- Trade Secrets, Patents, & IP: What Can You Protect?
Tuesday, Jan. 28 (12–2pm)
- Human v. Machine: Who Owns the Copyright?
- HIPAA and Health Privacy: What Researchers and Startups Need to Know
Wednesday, Jan. 29 (12–2pm)
- The TLDR on GDPR: An Introduction for Students
- Navigating Biometric Data Regulations in the U.S.
Thursday, Jan. 30 (12-2:30pm)
- Cybersecurity Research in the Shadow of the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act
- Disability Law and the Internet: The Future of Digital Accessibility
- App Development: Break Boundaries, Not the Law
We hope to see you there!