Curriculum & Assessment
BU Wheelock World Language Education students develop high-quality lesson plans, curricular units, and assessments. Here, you will find a few examples of our students’ work. We are incredibly proud of our students and their commitment to proficiency-based instruction and teaching for social justice and equity.
WL 512: Curriculum & Assessment in Modern Foreign Languages
Emily Farmer, B.S. in Modern Foreign Language Education (French), ’21
- Unit Theme: Climate Change/Global Challenges
- Unit Essential Question: What can we do to reduce the impacts of climate change?
- French 1 Curriculum Map
- “L”environnement” Unit Plan
Francesca Crutchfield-Stoker, M.A.T. in Modern Foreign Language Education (Spanish), ’21
- Unit Theme: Gender Equality & Expectations: Exploring Roles & Stereotypes and Inclusive Language in Spanish-speaking Contexts
- Unit Essential Question: How can inclusive language be used on social media to promote gender equality?
- Spanish 2 Curriculum Map
- “Gender Equality & Inclusive Language” Unit Plan
Luluah Mustafa, EdM in Curriculum & Teaching (Arabic), ’22
- Unit Theme: Identities & Influential People
- Unit Essential Question: What constitutes identity?
- Arabic 1 Curriculum Map
- “Identity & Influential People” Unit Plan
Borja Ruiz de Arbulo, EdM in Curriculum & Teaching (Spanish), ’22