LPHI currently offers one certificate:
This certificate is recommended for staff and board members of local boards of health or health departments who are new to the field of governmental public health, lack formal public health education, or want a refresher.
Who Should Participate?
LPHI Training Certificates are intended for Massachusetts public health professionals from municipal or state agencies responsible for health promotion and disease prevention activities, including enforcement of health and environmental regulations.
Candidates may include, but are not limited to Board of Health or other governing body members, Municipal Compliance Officers or Sanitarians, Emergency Preparedness Coordinators, Environmental Health Inspectors, Sanitarians, or Specialists, Health Agents, Health Directors or Commissioners, Health Inspectors, and Public Health Nurses
How it Works
A Public Health Core certificate can be obtained by completing the designated set of LPHI On Your Time modules shown below. You must complete all modules within five years of application and receive a passing score of at least 90% on each module.
Start by completing the following modules.
- 1. Orientation to Local Public Health in Massachusetts
- 2. Public Health Law and Legal Issues in Massachusetts
- 3. Emergency Preparedness in Massachusetts – Local Board of Health Role
THEN complete the following modules in any order.
- Food Protection Programs for Regulators
- Housing Programs for Regulators
- Nuisance Control Abatement and Removal
- Infectious Disease Case Management
- Health Promotion and Health Equity
- Immunizations and Vaccine Management in Massachusetts
- Surveillance of Infectious Diseases
To see your progress on completion of the module, go to the LPHI Login/Register page. After logging in, you should click on option 3 to see your certificate checklist which will show you what modules you have completed, and the score on each. A check means you have achieved 90% or greater on the post test. Any score that is not 90% or greater will mean you must re-take the post test for that module.