All Exams and Grading Data Are Available on either the Course Website, Blackboard My Grades or Gradescope

Your EC101 DD or EE course grade has been submitted to the Registrar’s Office.  Your final exam scores, and all other course data was posted on BlackBoard > My Grades. Your own bubble sheet, and your answer for each question are available on Gradescope.  I gave every student an additional 6 questions counted as correct (10 percentage points) on the adjusted score of the final exam, and as a result many students have an adjusted score greater than 100 percent.  (Three students had 59 out of 60 correct answers before the adjustment was applied.)

All four versions of the Final Exam, with answers on the last page, are available on the course website under Classes > Exams.

The question booklets for the DD final will be placed outside Room B17 of 264 Bay State Road starting before the first day of January classes.

Before you write to me about possible errors in grading, please read this announcement carefully, check the data and explanations on BlackBoard My Grades and apply the grading formula under Course Info > Examinations and GradesExams and Grades includes an exact description of how letter-grades are determined. Keep in mind that unless there is an error, I will not change your grade under any circumstances.

Your course grade was computed mechanically, and the only subjective judgment used was your participation score in discussion section.  The participation score varies from 0 to 5 points.  Very few students achieved the highest participation score; most students received 3 out of 5 points.  If you have questions about your Discussion Section Scores, please email your TF, not your instructor.  But please be aware that the TF is allowed to change a score only for a serious error of fact or judgment, and all score changes require my approval.

If it is at all possible, please avoid sending email to me or the TFs until Monday, January 3, 2022.  All emails should contain “EC101” in the subject line.

Because there are so many enrolled students, course averages are very close together, and there is no gap that forms a good place to separate letter grades.  Here is a sample of actual course averages in decreasing order that covers the border between A- and B+.
90.9, 90.8, 90.8, 90.8, 90.7, 90.7, 90.6, 90.4, 90.4, 90.2, 90.2, 90.1, 90.1, 90.1, 90.0, 90.0, 89.9, 89.7, 89.5, 89.3, 89.3, 89.2, 89.1, 89.1, 89.1, 89.0
As you can see, I have no choice but to use a strict rule: I round the average to one decimal place, and those at or above the limiting average receive the higher letter grade, those below receive the lower letter grade. For students on at the border between grades, I considered clicker scores, but that affected only one student, whom I have emailed.  Also, I think that grades ought to be a reasonably accurate reflection of a student’s accomplishments in the regular coursework, so I don’t grade on the basis of need, and I don’t allow students to get points for extra work.

Believe it or not, there are more important things in your life than your grades.  So have a great holiday break and a good rest. –Michael