Learner Testimonials

Read what participants are saying about the online training:

Behavioral Health Certificate Program

• “The entire set of courses was thorough, increased my knowledge base, and provided tools and information I can implement into my practice immediately.
    It was a pleasure working through all the modules with the instructional design format as it was. I liked the varied methods from videos (with written transcript available since I learn best reading versus hearing), to links, to articles, to interactive scenarios. This was a high quality training program. I appreciate being able to take part.”

A Guide to the Aging and Disability Networks

• “This course was very helpful and I am glad that i now have a better understanding of what kind of benefits that my consumer are receiving and what each one means.”
  • “I was very impressed by the information and how it was delivered.  Wish I had read this 6 months ago.”

Alzheimer’s Disease and Other Dementias of Aging

• “My staff raved about the course and learned so much! “
  • “I felt this course was beneficial and will help me within my day to day work.”
  • “I feel that this course presented the information in a user friendly manner and that the information was very thorough and useful.  I also found the videos to be very fascinating as well.”
  • “Wonderful course. I was glad to see the question about how long it took to complete this course. There is so much valuable information included I found my self reading articles and watching the videos suggested. They were very helpful but took time. i enjoyed every minute spent. I feel I have so much more to offer my clients and families now. Thank you  “
  • “I thoroughly enjoyed the course. I loved the way it was presented. The videos added to the course. I liked the fact that the objectives were clearly written out in the beginning. I hope to be able to go back to review the course again. I am sure I would gain even a better understanding by reviewing the information and checking out the resources listed.”
  • “Course will most definitely assist and guide me in my work with consumers living with dementia. Short video clips brought real life to experiences being faced by those living with this disease and gave a sense of authenticity to what was being taught.”

Assessment with Older Adults and Persons with Disabilities

• “All great material to learn from”

Consumer Control, Choice, and Directions Options Counselor Training

• “I thought this course was informative and provided some great techniques to assist consumers.”
  • “Information was extremely helpful and relevant to my position. I am glad i had the opportunity to complete this course.”
  • “This course was very helpful to me in understanding the concept of the ADRC, and no wrong door!  I work for Elder Services and have a partnering relationship with ADLib which is a Independent Living Center.  Now I understand the connection better between the two agencies.  I also liked learning about the history of the rights for people with disabilities!  It was very informative and helped me to walk in their shoes and realize the journey that was taken, and to have more respect for that journey and for others.  Also, to be reminded that I cannot fix the problem, but I will bring information so that the Consumer will have choices to make decisions.”

Core Issues in Aging and Disabilities

• “The course was very informative and showed me a few new ways that I will be able to now implement in dealing with the older adult community.”
  • “I felt this course was very informative. I enjoyed learning about all of the topics and felt they were very insightful.”

Mental Heath and Aging Issues

• “The course was very informative and interactive in its structure. It provided an in-depth knowledge of the subject area, provided examples to highlight specific areas of the course and provided access to extensive resources to complement the learning process.”
  • “The course was very good. Covered alot of information but delivered in a way that is was not overwhelming.”
  • “I gained more insight and believe I will be able to use this information as needed with elders.”

Mental Heath Training in Options Counseling

• “The course was designed well and helped me to advance my skill level in the addressed areas. The case studies were especially helpful.”
  • “Thank you very much for the opportunity to take the course. I’ve long had questions that were answered by the course about topics such as deinstitutionalization, the history of advocacy, word meanings (definitions), personality diagnoses. It was a wonderful course.”

Supervision for Effective Practice with Older Adults

• “This course had a great overview and I found it to be very useful and helpful.”