The Public Interest Project (PIP) grant provides up to $5,000 for 1L and 2L students who accept unpaid summer positions with non-profit, public interest, or government organizations.
JD students who wish to be considered for a PIP grant for the summer of 2020 must complete the intent to apply form by 5:00 p.m. on November 8, 2019.
Please also review the 2019-2020 Applicant Packet for detailed information about the requirements for the grant.
- October 28, 2019: Mandatory Applicant Meeting at 1:30 p.m. in Room 102.
- November 8, 2019: Intent-to-Apply Form must be completed and submitted online by 5 p.m.
- December 3, 2019: Email outreach must be completed and documented via email.
- January 24, 2020: Work-Study application must be submitted to the Financial Aid Office.
- February 7, 2020: All Balloon Items must be turned in to the Gala Chair, Deputy Gala Chair, or other Executive Board member.
- February 27, 2020: 29th Annual Public Interest Project Gala and 2nd Annual Student After Party.
- March 20, 2020: Written grant applications must be emailed to email@example.com by 5:00 p.m. All PIP, Gala, and Community Service Hours must be completed and logged on Qualtrics by 5:00 p.m.
- April 1, 2020: Your employment confirmation letter must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 p.m.
- TBD: All grant recipients will attend a mandatory meeting regarding grant disbursement details.
- May 1, 2020: All employment documents are due to the Law School Payroll department by 5:00 pm.