Clear Language & Research Words
Definitions of words used on this website and in research:
- Analyze: Thinking about why other youth with disabilities feel or act a certain way.
- Data: Things that other youth with disabilities say and think about the questionnaire.
- Developmental Disabilities: Any type of disability, medical condition, or other difference that can make it hard to do some activities for someone under the age of 18.
- Research: Finding out the answer to a question.
- Risk: Something bad that could happen, but hopefully won’t.
- Voluntary: It’s your choice- you don’t have to say yes. You can say no at any time and no one will be mad.
Types of research:
- Focus groups: A group of people who will meet together to talk about an idea or thing.
- Interview: Asking someone what they think or feel.
- Questionnaire: A form with different questions. There are no right or wrong answers. You answer by writing something down or picking a word that is most like you.