Publications & Awards
Cecilia Castro-Diehl (Janauary, 2019)
- Cecilia was awarded the EPI Minority Travel Grant. The main objective of the award is to recognize under-represented minority investigators early in their careers by encouraging participation at the EPI|Lifestyle 2019 Scientific Sessions conference in March 2019 (Houston, TX). The award provides a grant to help defray travel expenses to attend the Conference. Cecilia will be recognized as an EPI Minority Travel Grant recipient at the Hearts Diversity Reception as well as the Joint Council Dinner.
Laura Corlin (December, 2018)
- Laura was awarded the Early Investigator Travel Award from the Council on Lifestyle and Cardiometabolic Health. This award will help defray travel costs for Laura to present her abstracts at the EPI|Lifestyle 2019 Scientific Sessions scheduled for March 5-8, 2019 in Houston, TX. The award encourages trainees to pursue careers in Cardiovascular Research related to lifestyle and cardiometabolic health. The key topic areas include behavior, diabetes, lipids, nutrition, obesity, and physical activity. The Council on Lifestyle and Cardiometabolic Health is dedicated to honoring early career investigators and exposing them to AHA conferences and learning opportunities. As a recipient of this award Laura will be formally recognized at the Council dinner during the EPI|Lifestyle 2019 meeting.
Joowon Lee (December, 2018)
- Joowon was awarded the Steven N. Blair Award for Excellence in Physical Activity Research. This award is named for Dr. Steven N. Blair in appreciation of his outstanding career as a clinical researcher working in the areas of exercise, physical activity and cardiovascular health. As a recipient of this award, Joowon is recognized for his highly meritorious abstract presentation in this field and excellence in research by investigators. Awardees have been selected based on the scientific merit, quality and originality of their abstract.
Justin Echouffo (December, 2017)
- Justin was awarded the Scott Grundy Award for Excellence in Metabolism Research, to be presented during the EPI/Lifestyle 2018 Scientific Sessions scheduled for March 20 – 23, 2018 in New Orleans, Louisiana at the Sheraton New Orleans. This Fellowship Award for Excellence in Metabolism Research recognizes three outstanding abstracts submitted by young investigators to the EPI/Lifestyle Scientific Sessions. Up to three awards were given for the abstracts achieving the highest average scores of all abstracts submitted in the categories of Diabetes/Metabolic Syndrome, Lipids/Lipoproteins, Metabolism, and Obesity and Adipose Tissue Distribution or Lipids and Lipoproteins.
Todd Sponholtz (June, 2017)
Emilie Zoltick (June, 2017)
- ABO blood group and risk of glioma. Cote DJ, Downer MK, Zoltick ES, Smith TR, Stampfer MJ. Neuro Oncol. 2017 Jun 1;19(6):871-873. doi: 10.1093/neuonc/nox013. No abstract available. PMID: 28339823