Welcome to this summer’s labbies!
Welcome to the six students who will be joining the lab this summer:
- Aspen Bombardo is a rising sophomore majoring in Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences. Her interests are in language production and language learning, especially phonetic and phonological acquisition in learners of English as a second language.
- Will Clapp is a second-year PhD student in Linguistics. His interests are in phonetics, phonology, and psycholinguistics.
- Ziwei (Jo) Huang (interning from June 25 to August 16) is a rising senior majoring in Linguistics and Organizational Studies at Pitzer College. Her interests are in applied linguistics, multilingualism, language development, and language education.
- Xiyuan (Jessica) Li (interning from May 29 to July 21) is a rising junior majoring in Chinese and Bilingual Studies at The Hong Kong Polytechnic University. Her interests are in bilingualism, psycholinguistics, and neurolinguistics.
- Shane Quinn (interning from May 20 to August 23) is a rising senior majoring in Linguistics and Arabic at Georgetown University. His interests are in multilingualism, language endangerment, language documentation, and revitalization, especially as pertains the acquisition of endangered languages.
- Yueliang Shao is a second-year MA student in Linguistics. His interests are in phonetics, phonology, and psycholinguistics.
And a warm welcome back to Qian and Wayne!