|Johannes Becker (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Johannes has a background in Mechanical Engineering (Ecole Centrale Paris ’11, TU Munich ’13) and worked as a Management Consultant in Munich, Germany before joining the ECE PhD Program in Fall 2017.
His current research focus is on Software Defined Radios and Wireless Security in the Internet of Things.
|Muhammad Anas Imtiaz (email@example.com)
Anas graduated with BSc in Computer Engineering from NUCES-FAST, Lahore in 2014. He worked as an embedded automotive engineer from 2014 to 2017 with Mentor Graphics, Pakistan, and joined BU-ECE as a PhD student in Fall 2017.
His current research investigates the presence and affects of churn in the Bitcoin network.
|Liangxiao Xin (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Liangxiao Xin received his B.Eng. degree in Control Science and Engineering (2012) from Zhejiang University, Zhejiang, China. In 2014, he received his M.Eng. degree and joined the Ph.D. program in Boston University, Systems Engineering Division. His Ph.D. research primarily focused on the cybersecurity of Wi-Fi networks. In 2016, he received best paper award at IEEE CNS 2016 conference.
Currently, his research interests include wireless network security and resilience, software defined radio, and Internet of Things.
|Jonathan Chamberlain (email@example.com)
Jonathan has a background in Mathematical Logic and Applied Mathematics (Boston University ’12) and worked as a Technical Services Support Analyst and a Business Analyst in Madison, Wisconsin prior to returning to BU in the LEAP and Systems MS Program in Fall 2016.
His current research focus is in Queuing Theory with a focus on Advanced Reservation queuing models.
|Steven So (firstname.lastname@example.org)
My name is Steven So and I am currently pursuing my Master’s degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering. I graduated as a Commonwealth Honors Scholar with Greatest Distinction and with Departmental Honors at the University of Massachusetts Amherst majoring in Electrical Engineering with a minor in Computer Science.
My research focus is in Vehicular Security and Machine Learning.
|David Li (email@example.com)
David is a junior studying computer engineering in the ECE department. He has worked with Professor Starobinski since Spring 2018, and he is presently a research and laboratory assistant.
His current research focus is Software Defined Radios, Wireless Security, and Lab Design.
|Ryan James Ewing (firstname.lastname@example.org)
|Trishita Tiwari (email@example.com)
Trishita is a senior at Boston University pursuing a Bachelors in Computer Engineering.
Her current research involves web-fingerprinting, cache-based side channel attacks and attacks on Network Time Protocol (NTP). Her previous work includes exploiting network side channels on Android, assessing the security of online learning platforms, and creating a distributed web miner for Ethereum.
Alumni (partial list)
- Dr. Eran Simhon (Senior Research Scientist, Philips Research)
- Dr. Wei Si (Software Development Engineer, Amazon)
- Dr. Morteza Hashemi (Post-doctoral Researcher and Senior Lecturer, Ohio State University)
- Dr. Emir Kavurmacioglu (Postdoctoral Research Fellow and Lecturer, Ryerson University)
- Dr. Moshe Laifenfeld (Senior Researcher, General Motors Research)
- Dr. Rajesh Krishnan (Deputy Director, Scientific Systems Inc.)
- Dr. Saikat Ray (Member of Technical Staff, Google)
- Dr. Sachin Agarwal (Founder, BigBitUs)
- Dr. Tao Wu (Data Science Lead, Microsoft Azure)
- Dr. Francesco De Pellegrini (Senior Researcher, CREATE-NET)
- Dr. Reuven Cohen (Senior Lecturer, Bar-Ilan University)
- Dr. Weiyao Xiao (Akamai Technologies, Inc.)
- Dr. Niloofar Fazlollahi (Senior Software Engineer, Apple)
- Dr. Huseyin Mutlu (CTO, Influenster)
- Max Timchenko (Site Reliability Engineer)
- Sinem Kockan (firstname.lastname@example.org) (Dell)
- Aylin Turhan (email@example.com) (Bloomberg)
- Cankut Orakcal (orakcal@BU.EDU) (Bloomberg)
- Jiaxi Jin (firstname.lastname@example.org) (HP Labs)
- Lokesh Ravindranathan (email@example.com) (Mathworks)
- Stephen Chao (firstname.lastname@example.org) (Bloomberg)
- Meijun Wang (email@example.com)
- Angad Singh (firstname.lastname@example.org) (Capital IQ)
- Tunde Agboola (email@example.com) (Wellington Management)
- Vikas Chauhan (Senior Software Architect, Tradestone Software)
- Andrew Hagedorn (firstname.lastname@example.org) (Capital IQ)
- Ido Hochman (IT Business Manager at D.B. Zwirn)
- Emily Hostage (Harvard Law)
- Yuqing Ke (Akamai Technologies, Inc.)
- Chris Malladi (Systems Engineer, General Dynamics)
- Jie Meng (email@example.com)
- Ethan Robbins (Senior Engineer, Cavium Networks)
- Geoff Rowland (firstname.lastname@example.org) (Microsoft Corporation)
- Matt Schoen (email@example.com) (Co-Founder, Defective Studios)
- Daniel Sumorok (firstname.lastname@example.org) (BBN)
- William Stucker (email@example.com) (Hardware Engineer, Cavium Networks)
- Joseph Varghese (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Vyas Venkataraman (email@example.com) (Nvidia Inc)
- Rachanee Ungrangsi (PhD student, Shinawatra University)
- Christopher Vermilion (firstname.lastname@example.org) (CTO/Co-founder at Roobiq)
- Lulu Curiel (nee Wang) (iMac Business Manager, Apple)
- Abraham Yaar (email@example.com) (Google)
- Sunny Ngan (nsunnyn@BU.EDU)
- Matthew Boyle (firstname.lastname@example.org) (DebtX)
- Idan Warsawski (email@example.com) (AppCard)
- Avi Klausner (firstname.lastname@example.org) (GE Aviation)
- Andres Guedez (email@example.com) (Akamai Technologies)
- Danny Morris (firstname.lastname@example.org) (IBM)
- Edy Tan (email@example.com) (TWIN FOCUS CAPITAL PARTNERS)