In the Language Education programs of the Wheelock College of Education and Human Development, our mission is to prepare highly qualified and highly skilled language educators and leaders in local, national, and global communities at all educational levels. We value an approach to language education that supports additive bilingualism or multilingualism and promotes social and linguistic justice and linguistic diversity, with the belief that all learners have a right to fully supported first and second language acquisition and deserve access to an enriching bilingual education.
We offer both undergraduate and graduate programs in Modern Foreign Language Education, with licensure programs in Arabic, French, Mandarin Chinese, and Spanish. Please follow the links to learn more and to apply.
- Bachelor’s of Science (B.S.) in Modern Foreign Language Education (Arabic, French, Mandarin Chinese, or Spanish) licensure program
- Master’s in Teaching (M.A.T.) in Modern Foreign Language Education (Arabic, French, Mandarin Chinese, or Spanish) licensure program
- Certificate in Advanced Graduate Studies (CAGS) in Curriculum & Teaching
- Master’s in Education (EdM) in Curriculum & Teaching
- Doctorate in Education (EdD) in Curriculum & Teaching