- MA Guide to Surveillance, Reporting, and Control
The purpose of this manual is to guide LBOHs through specific surveillance and reporting, and case investigation responsibilities for the diseases currently reportable to the MDPH.
- Manual of Laws and Regulations Relating to Boards of Health (PDF)
This manual provides a broad overview of the various responsibilities of local boards of health in Massachusetts and serves as a tool for local officials to quickly reference state laws.
- MA Responds: Ready, Set, Respond
A partnership that integrates local, regional, and statewide volunteer resources to identify, credential, train, and mobilize volunteers during a health-related emergency or event.
- NACCHO The National Profile of Local Health Departments
The 2013 Profile study provides a comprehensive look at local health department governance, funding, workforce, programs and services, including those related to emergency preparedness, quality improvement, accreditation, access to healthcare services, policymaking, and information technology.
- National Cancer Institute: Making Data Talk – A Workbook
This workbook provides an overview of the main points contained in the book Making Data Talk: Communicating Public Health Data to the Public, Policy Makers, and the Press. The goal of the workbook is to help you select and communicate quantitative data in ways lay audiences can understand.
- Public Health District Planning: Tools
The resources found in this toolkit are intended to help communities assess opportunities for shared public health services and plan for implementation.
- Public Health Preparedness Capabilities: National Standards for State and Local Planning
A guide that state and local jurisdictions can use to better organize their work, plan their priorities, and decide which public health preparedness capabilities they have the resources to build or sustain