- “Education and Labor Market Discrimination,” (with Kevin Lang), American Economic Review, June, 2011.
- “Racial Discrimination in Labor Markets with Announced Wages” (with Kevin Lang and William Dickens), American Economic Review, September, 2005.
- “Wage Announcements with a Continuum of Worker Types (with Kevin Lang), Les Annales d’Economie et de Statistique, December, 2003.
- “Collateral vs. Project Screening: A Model of Lazy Banks” (with A. Jorge Padilla and Marco Pagano), Rand Journal of Economics, Winter 2001.
- “Banking (Conservatively) with Optimists,” (with A. Jorge Padilla), Rand Journal of Economics, Summer 1999.
- “Job Responsibility, Pay, and Promotion,” The Economic Journal, January 1997.
- “Bargaining with Deadlines and Imperfect Player Control,” (with Ching-to Albert Ma), Econometrica , November 1993.
- “The Harm from Insider Trading and Informed Speculation,” Quarterly Journal of Economics, November 1989.
- “Provider Insurance,” Bell Journal of Economics, Autumn 1983.
- “Aggregation for Material Balances,” Journal of Comparative Economics, 1978
- “Soviet Pricing, Profits and Technological Choice,” Review of Economic Studies , 1976.
- “Nonprice Rationing of Intermediate Goods in Centrally Planned Economies,” Econometrica, September 1973.
- “Model of Soviet-Type Economic Planning,” American Economic Review, June 1971.
- “Normability of Weaknormed Linear Spaces,” American Mathematical Monthly, May 1965.