Upcoming NVivo webinars
In the coming months, BU Educational Technology, Training and Outreach plans to offer free training workshops on NVivo open to all interested BU faculty, staff and students. But if you can’t wait, or you’d like to focus more deeply on particular advanced topics, you may be inerested to know that QSR International (the creators of NVivo) have a special offer on paid online training webinars in June. If you enroll in one, you can enroll in a second of similar duration at half price.
90-minute workshops on special topics are $125 per course, or $95 for students. If you enroll in any one, you may enroll in a second at half price. (This applies only to purchases made between now and June 30.)
- Analyzing Text in NVivo: for those who are new to NVivo or for those who have used previous versions of QSR software.
- Working with Media Sources in NVivo: for those who are new to NVivo or for those who have used previous versions of QSR software who are working with media and image files.
- Classifying Data and Coding Queries: for those who have taken a prior course or have experience with importing and coding data in NVivo.
- Datasets and Web Content: for those with a special interest in survey data or social media content from the web.
- Literature Reviews and NVIvo: for those who would like to learn how NVivo can be used for a literature review.
Six-hour workshops are offered over the course of one week, Mon-Wed-Fri, 2 hours each day. The cost of each workshop is $325, or $295 for students. Enroll in Essentials, and enroll in Further Analysis at half price. (This applies only to purchases made between now and June 30.)
- NVivo Essentials: A basic introduction to NVivo that will provide you with the fundamental information and practice you need to get started with your own project.
- Further Analysis in NVivo: Go beyond the basics to asking questions of your data and your analysis using categorical date like demographics, grouping tools, coding queries and visualizations.