Northeast Environmental Archaeology Network (NEEAN)
Register for the 2017 NEEAN Meeting here!
The Northeast Environmental Archaeology Network (NEEAN) is a regional professional organization of environmental archaeologists and other scholars interested in the history of human-environmental interactions worldwide. While we are based in the Northeastern US, the organization is open to any interested individuals regardless of location of residence. The goals of the organization include networking between professionals and nascent professionals (graduate students, undergraduate students) and opportunities for sharing knowledge and laboratory protocols, equipment, and facilities among organizations throughout the region. Through annual or semiannual meetings, hosted on a rotating basis by member institutions, we provide networking opportunities as well as laboratory tours and demonstrations. Meetings provide an opportunity for members to bring materials for hands-on identification, to share methodological developments, and to discuss interdisciplinary approaches to research questions with a diverse array of scholars.
The first two meetings of NEEAN were hosted by the Boston University Department of Archaeology on April 5, 2014, and October 3, 2015, in Boston, MA. Meetings are free to attend for all interested professionals and students and do not include formal research presentations; rather, they are focused on networking, training, resource sharing, and building plans for the future.
The third meeting of NEEAN is scheduled for September 30, 2017, also hosted by the Boston University Department of Archaeology, in Boston, MA.
Registration is now open here.
Schedule of Events for 2017 Meeting
- 9:00-10:00 Breakfast (hosted by BU), sign in, networking
- 10:00-10:15 Orientation and introduction
- 10:15-11:45 Breakout group 1 – faculty and students meet separately to discuss inter-university teaching and laboratory training
- 11:45-1:15 Lunch (on own)
- 1:15-2:00 Group reports – presentations of morning breakouts and large group discussion of needs and potential models for collaboration
- 2:00-3:30 Breakout group 2 – topical group meetings to discuss specific potential collaborations
- 3:30-4:00 Wrap-up – presentations of afternoon breakouts and next steps
- 4:00-6:00 Reception (hosted by BU)
NEEAN Mailing List Registration
To join the NEEAN mailing list (firstname.lastname@example.org), follow the instructions below:
Send a “plain text” formatted email message to email@example.com
Make sure there is no signature or attachment in the message
Leave the subject line blank
In the body of the email, type only:
“subscribe neean-list [email-address-to add]”
For example, “subscribe neean-list firstname.lastname@example.org”
To unsubscribe at any time, simply send another email to email@example.com with the instructions:
“unsubscribe neean-list [email-address-to remove]”