- Graduate Student Researcher
- 648 Beacon Street
Alex Eve Keller, M.A., is a doctoral student in clinical psychology at Boston University, working under the mentorship of Dr. Donna Pincus and Dr. David Langer. Her research and clinical interests center on how to optimize treatment for children with executive functioning difficulties, learning disorders, and attentional problems. Alex is conducting dissertation research on the effects of anxiety on neuropsychological test performance in youth; she is also conducting independent research on how clinicians can use neuropsychological data to optimize psychosocial treatment for children suffering from anxiety and depression. Alex also has a strong interest in the detection and treatment of psychological conditions in the context of pediatric primary care. To that end, she is currently involved in research on how to best treat anxiety in pediatric primary care settings, and research on how to help providers recognize signs of emerging psychosis in pediatric primary care.
Alex developed her interests in clinical psychology at Cornell University, where she studied neurobiology and conducted research on autism spectrum disorders. Alex graduated from Cornell in 2010, and spent the next four years working under the mentorship of Dr. John Walkup and Dr. Shannon Bennett at Weill Cornell Medical College. Through her work within Weill Cornell’s Pediatric OCD, Anxiety, and Tic Disorders Program, Alex developed interests in childhood anxiety and dissemination of evidence-based assessment and treatment.
- Bennett, S.M., Capriotti, M., Bauer, C., Chang, S., Keller, A.E., Walkup, J., Woods, D. & Piacentini, J. (Under review). Psychosocial Intervention for Young Children with Chronic Tics: The CBIT Jr Study. Manuscript Under Review.
- Otis, J. D., Keller, A.E. & Chevalier, L. (In Press). Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Chronic Pain. Handbook of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. In A Wenzel (Ed.). American Psychological Association.
- Keller, A.E., Langer, D.A., Pincus, D.B., Caroline E. Kerns, Elkins, R.M. & Comer, J.S. (2019). A Psychometric Evaluation of the Distress Intolerance Index for Youth. Journal of Psychopathology and Behavioral Assessment.
- Pincus, D.B., Keller, A.& Merson-Lambright, R. (2017) Anxiety in Childhood: Biological Factors. In The SAGE Encyclopedia for Abnormal and Clinical Psychology. Thousand Oaks: Sage Publications, Inc.
- Bennett, S. M., Keller, A. E., & Walkup, J. T. (2013). The future of tic disorder treatment. Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, 1304(1), 32-39.
- Mohatt, J. W., Keller, A. E., & Walkup, J. T. (2013). Psychopharmacology of Pediatric Anxiety Disorders. In Pediatric Anxiety Disorders (pp. 289-314). Springer New York.
- Valla, J. M., Ganzel, B. L., Yoder, K. J., Chen, G. M., Lyman, L. T., Sidari, A. P., Keller, A. E., Maendel, J.W., Perlman, J. E., Wong, S. & Belmonte, M.K. (2010). More than maths and mindreading: Sex differences in empathizing/systemizing covariance. Autism Research, 3(4), 174-184.