- Distributed optimization
- Learning from network data
- Control of networks
- Multi-agent coordination and control
For more details, please see my publications by subject area below.
- Robust Asynchronous Stochastic Gradient Push: Asymptotically Optimal and Network Independent Performance for Strongly Convex Functions, A. Olshevsky, Y. Paschalidis, A. Spiridonoff, preprint.
- Graph Resistance and Learning from Pairwise Comparisons, J. Hendrickx, A. Olshevsky, V. Saligrama, Proceedings of ICML 2019.
- Gradient Descent for Sparse Rank-One Matrix Completion for Crowd-Sourced Aggregation of Sparsely Interacting Workers, Y. Ma, A. Olshevsky, V. Saligrama, C. Szepesvari, Proceedings of ICML 2018.
- Network Topology and Communication-Computation Tradeoffs in Distributed Optimization, A. Nedic, A. Olshevsky, M. Rabbat, Proceedings of the IEEE, 2018.
Email: alexols [at] bu [dot] edu
Office: 531 Photonics Center; 8 St. Mary St, Boston, MA, 02215.